Video Game High School

Anyone a fan of this super campy, comfy show? I'm sick as fuck and haven't seen it in a while so I'm rewatching it. There are some surprisingly hilarious scenes (mainly with The Law). Kinda a cool premise too and for their budget I thought the filming and effects they use was pretty dang solid. Thoughts?

bumping because you all are heathens!

I unironically enjoyed the shit out of this.
Its top comfy because they knew what they were making and wrote within their production budget.

Problems I couldn't get over though:
>the law is like 30 years old. And not a good genes looks mid-20s 30, a hard 30.
>the knowledge that the main white kid was such a turbobeta that he actually IRL married the on-screen GF

I literally just read about them actually getting married. Caught me off guard. To be fair though, Jenny Matrix is pretty hot and has a thicc ass lower body. Great legs and I wouldn't mind seeing that big ass in a thong.

I agree though, super comfy. You're right though, the law did look a little older, but he had some fucking hilarious scenes in season 2 when he was losing his mind basically.

Glad I'm not the only one, it's rewatch value is solid too. Didn't realize how many gaming puns and references there are until re-watching it and I don't consider myself a huge gamer either.

Oh no doubt that I would def have taken that ass to pound town given the opportunity. And if she was a "we need marriage" ho, then sure, I figure he ran some basic math and realized he wasnt gonna be trading up.

It's still such a fucking beta-ass move to make - not even as a man but as a performer. Like how do you not have the foresight to realize that youre marrying each others characters as well and in a few years thats gonna fade away?

I feel kinda bad for Law - like he was the only real actor on the show besides based Principal/Headmaster, in terms of talent. But I don't see him getting "mainstream" work off VGHS.

Also, have you heard anything about a new season? There were pre-production rumors but that was literal years ago last time I gave enough of a shit to check

I looked for The Law in other things and there's virtually nothing. You're right though, Headmaster is fucking hilarious. Doesn't seem to have as much in the 3rd season unfortunately but his deadpan tone of voice is hilarious.

Nah I haven't heard anything. I wish. I would think this kind of show could have a good run if they advertised it enough and had good funding. Seriously could turn into kind of a Big Bang Theory, just on a smaller scale or mini-series style. Where every "nerd" and "gamer" can circle jerk over how many gaming references they caught in an episode.

At least it got 3 seasons. Sometimes too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Who knows, season 4 could be absolutely terrible and kinda ruin the feel of the whole series.

>the knowledge that the main white kid

What main white kid?

Brian D. Josh Blaylock is the actor's name.

He looks white to people? I thought he was a chink.

>season 4 could be absolutely terrible and kinda ruin the feel of the whole series.
season 3 was absolutely terrible and gave me tone-whiplash. holy shit

Yea he's like white/asian probably. Kinda gooky.

Just started season 3.... Yea, it definitely isn't that great. I hate how they have these montages and different themes of the episodes. So disjointed. Season 1 & 2 were kino though.

I actually loved this shit

It got a little bit lost around the third season, and there were clearly planning issues from episode one but it was still great

Jenny matrix was unexpectedly hot, they did a good job of hiding it from us

Law was consistently awesome

Law made this show in the first 2 seasons. He is legitimately a good actor and has some fucking hilarious facial expressions and scenes.

Jenny was a qt3.14 for sure and Ki Swan wasn't hard on the eyes either. Both absolutely boneriffic. Any other shows like this? It's kind of an original idea and I really like the overall feel of the show.

Excel saga

>leave to do shit
>expect nice thread on nu-Sup Forums to be pruned
>find comfyfags still posting

yeah tone whiplash is definitely the right way of describing it

I liked parts of it thematically because they started growing the characters up - getting into that junior/soph divide shit that happens in HS where you feel like youre becoming an adult.

People were pretty asspained that Jenny left to go pro and Brian quit VGHS. But I thought their breakup was good for the show and Brian had a completely shit life as the janitor so I get why he quit. Although, the Brian quitting thing needed a S4 for me along with rice-racer becoming a punk.

Jenny Matrix was an all-time pro casting choice.
The perfect "attainable hot" blonde look while still being of TV quality.

Shes on that Quantico show now I think? I havent seen it, looks like a pile of dildos imo

Thanks, I'll check it out. I tried The Guild or whatever that show was, but it was too cringy and shitty for me to watch.

Tryin to keep it bumped, Sup Forums is rough lately.

>tfw you will never have a threesome with Jenny and Mary Matrix while they berate you and call you nooblet over and over again

feelsbadman.exe

She seems to have been on a number of shows like that according to her IMDB. Kinda side roles and appearances in a number of big-ish shows.

You just know Jenny would be fuckin fire in bed

Without a doubt. I'm watchin the episode now where Brian D thinks Jenny wants to fuck him after their match with Napalm High. I would very much like to fuck her reverse cowgirl style and see that big ol booty bounce up and down on my totally mediocre weiner. Wish she had a better rack, but then she would have been too bodacious I think.

I'd sacrifice the rack for an amazing ass on a white girl 10/10 times.

Based Johanna Braddy

Did the headmaster legit hate Brian or was he trying to push him to succeed?

Because it always felt somewhat over the top (in a generally over the top show) that the HM knows Brian has like class and practice and shit but still fucks him over every chance he gets.

>you didnt get to this spill fast enough even though you were playing in a tourney for the school and your future career
>fuck up again and get expelled

Any thoughts on season 3 episode 4?
I really liked the 60s euro style opening, the sitcom bot kinda worked imho,but Freddie's death and the way it was dealt with really shocked me at first. But I really liked how they dealt with it. And Jimmy did a great job in that episode.

When that laugh track is shut off it makes every moment of silence that much more powerful.

The problem with season 3 is they knew they weren't doing season 4.

So they end up trying to advance and wrap up everything all at once, leading to weird shit like the Freddie situation.

I'm a tits guy, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think he just gets bored of his job and decides to fuck with the student who has the most buzz around him. It was cool when he kinda gave Brian D some advice on Leetmas, but other than that he constantly is just knockin him down. He did bail him outta jail and give him a ride back to school though, so that was a pretty based move. Calhoun is a funny fucker though. Good beard too.

This unfortunately. If they had stretched it for one more season, the pacing and everything would have felt smoother and more organic. I would love a season 4 where some of the characters move to college, otheres are working bullshit 9-5s, but they have to reunite or something to form up their old team to take on some evil Russian team or something.

I just feel like a good part of why Brian quits (besides shoehorned plot ofc) is the headmaster's bullshit. Which seems at odds with his in-universe job.

Calhoun was consistently the funniest part of the whole show though.

they could still do a based S4 now.

Ki is headmaster, Brian and Rice Racer never recovered as friends, Jenny is gosu pro gamer along with Law.
Brian had a normie-tier life after quitting VGHS and attending a regular college to go to like engineering or law. Less autistic and beta but unsatisfied with his life path.

Ki still friends with Brian. Offers him teaching position at the school to rekindle passion in him being back where he was happiest.

Suddenly Brian and Wu-Ping-Drive are face2face again. You get tension between Ki and her husbando and Brian.

Jenny is struggling with her pro career being done, she should retire on top but cant stop and its ruining her legacy. Comes back to VGHS for advice and shit from Ki/other friends.

They make her the FPS coach/prof (which Brian was interim in charge of). Drama.

Brian and Jenny try and reconnect but despite things seeming to go well, Brian realizes that its just this place and his feels about his life. They don't stay together. Everyone grows.

Subplot with The Law trying to take the headmaster job from Ki.

Calhoun now superintendent.

no it's fucking awful

Boom. Pitch it.

Thanks for the input, champ.

driveby shitpost, love it

>select all images with pickup trucks

kek

I saw season 1 a few years ago, and only liked The Law.

He's definitely the strength of the show, especially the first 2 seasons. He has some fucking HILARIOUS parts during season 2 though. I honestly think it's worth watching just for him.