Why aren't there any good female directors?

Why aren't there any good female directors?

I'm sure you can find loads of Patriarchy reason but in my experience none of them ever seem to like doing it. I've been around a few productions and even when women are just given the opinion of being director they never want to do it or say they'd never do it again. All of them love being producers and working around with folders full of neatly organized color coded files though

fucking hell

a solid 8 here in bongistan 2bhlad

Inbreeding is bad

What about the wachowsky sisters?

That girl would be qt if she got some dental treatment, damn shame.

Lynne Ramsey is probably one of my favourite British directors, and Sofia Coppola I think is pretty good too. There's probably a couple of others but I'd wager they're all indie/small budget directors.

>Implying based bigelow doesn't exist

Women aren't creative

1) they aren't good directors
2) they aren't women

theyre men

Women are shit at everything.

>Copolla
>Lynne Ramsey
>K. Bigelow
>Andrea arnold
>Claire denis
>Agnès Varda
watch more films

>tries to list good directors
>lists undoubtedly average ones
At least you tried

>Copolla
shit

>Lynne Ramsey
shit

>K. Bigelow
shit

>Andrea arnold
shit

>Claire denis
one good movie

>Agnès Varda
shit

watch more films

They're all good, but your standards might be different. Let's see who you consider good

Terrible tooth to gum ratio. Sad!

no

There is a reason I'm in this thread, I can't name any good female directors off the top of my head

Systematic patriarchy and sexism. The top dogs who call the shots are all men and feel threatened by women. Once they see some quality coming out of a woman's brain they do all they can to sabotage it.

sounds like you need to watch more films then. what have you seen from the directors i posted?

this
if a man could give birth he'd finish it in 3 months and raise the kid in 4 years.

Shepitko, really just 1 movie though.

Near Dark, Point Break, The Hurt Locker, Fish Tank, Wuthering Heights, We Need to Talk About Kevin, Lost in Translation, Chocolat, and I haven't actually seen any of Agnes Varda's films. Not a fan of french shite

Is that Montie's gf