Capital punishment/ death penalty

What's your stance on having capital punishment for serious crimes?

Personally as someone related to me was murdered by two people am for the idea of capital punishment. But due to Britain being against the death penalty their killers are out in two years

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm#2267
youtube.com/watch?v=6RDZoqAM6HY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment_in_England_and_Wales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is morally and practically justified. Rehabilitation is a farce and life imprisonment is a waste of resources.

My only issue is lethal injection. It is susceptible to fickle pharmaceutical companies playing politics. They should replace it with remotely triggered shotgun. Imagine an electric chair but you've got a shotgun barrel held firmly in an upward angle against the base of your brain stem. Have three guards push red buttons and there's no worry about extended pain or suffering.

Beheading
>most based
Lethal Injection
>less painful

firing squad > lethal injection, in terms of pain

Them kill them yourself.

Expecting the state to do something is madness

Beheading isnt painfull too.

Executions should be used with fire.

Least painful is Oxygen Deprivation through gases which are not detectable.
I don't think there's ever a case where human consciousness should be stopped.

>United Nations

The most useless international organization since the League of Nations.

Also, the most ethnocentrist, despite claiming otherwise

I'm in favor of the death penalty for murder, but criminals deserve to feel the pain and be observed by the public so as to serve as a warning to other criminals.

What good does it to to pamper these lunatics for their lives in prison or to gentle end their lives in a painless manner?

It's the current year

At least should be used for particular things like terrorism/mafia

I am considering doing so

We need the death penalty.

>CCC2267 Assuming that the guilty party's identity and responsibility have been fully determined, the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty, if this is the only possible way of effectively defending human lives against the unjust aggressor.
>If, however, non-lethal means are sufficient to defend and protect people's safety from the aggressor, authority will limit itself to such means, as these are more in keeping with the concrete conditions of the common good and more in conformity to the dignity of the human person.
>Today, in fact, as a consequence of the possibilities which the state has for effectively preventing crime, by rendering one who has committed an offense incapable of doing harm - without definitely taking away from him the possibility of redeeming himself - the cases in which the execution of the offender is an absolute necessity "are very rare, if not practically nonexistent." [John Paul II, Evangelium vitae 56. 69 Cf. Gen 4:10]
>vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm#2267

Violent sociopaths or psychopaths should be shot on their third offence as their is no known cure for those personality disorders and therefor cannot be rehabilitated.

>What's your stance on having capital punishment for serious crimes?

It's alright when it's proven beyond a doubt that the person was guilty - i.e. caught with the smoking gun.
There are just some fuck ups that are too severe to forgive them and we don't really have any place like Australia anymore where we can drop our degenerates off.

>their killers are out in two years
How the hell? These must have been special circumstances...

youtube.com/watch?v=6RDZoqAM6HY

It should be used even for non-serious crimes.

I think it can be justified for severe crimes such as acts of terror or murder. They should be executed in the same manner in which they murdered their victim(s).

They were black and like 15 and in care, their previous criminalienable history includes kidnap, robbery, theft, assault, robbing an autistic kid and beating him inside his house.

Organs harvesting is the answer.

>their killers are out in two years

This. Since when have crimes been punishable by the death penalty or 2 years? If they didn't get at least life imprisonment, they would never have gotten capital punishment even if it was legal.

There should be gallows outside of court houses. The life sentence should be abolished and replaced with capital punishment, where the condemned will be walked out back and hanged immediately after sentencing.

Against. The state should not have the power to kill its own citizens. And it opens the door to executing innocent people.

If you want the perpetrator to die, do it on your own time outside of the justice system. The point of it is to remove actively harmful elements from the general public, not to satisfy your revenge fantasies.

They were sentenced to four years, judges arent really allowed to give life sentences it goes against their Human Rights

Something tells me you're either full of shit, or confused about what they were actually sentenced for.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment_in_England_and_Wales

Capital punishment in three levels:
1. two shotgun shots to the head.
2. Burned to death.
3. Impaled to death.

For simple murder or ID theft the first would be enough.
For organized crime murders the second would be enough.
For drug traders, rapists and murders with id theft the third would be an alternative

Damn. You got some of them superpredators too... :/
This is a tough issue. Teenagers should have some leniency (they lack judgement can ruin their whole lives because they were being stupid), but I don't think they can rehabilitate psychopaths like that. Not without some clockwork orange or MKULTRA level shit.

Life imprisonment is only applicable to defendants aged 21 or over. Those aged between 18 and 20 are sentenced to custody for life. Those aged under 18 are sentenced to detention during Her Majesty's pleasure for murder, or detention for life for other crimes where life imprisonment is the sentence for adults. However people under 21 may not be sentenced to a whole life order, and so must become eligible for parole.

So they """"murdered"""" your family member and get out after 4 years? Post a news article or fuck off, bong.

i believe it's wrong on principle
gives the government more power than they should have over individual lives

In good ole' U.S. of A, we have managed to make an EQUIVALENCY of homicide punishment.....Let me explain.......
>commit a horrific homicide against a SINGLE person.....Judge will give Most likely a life sentence
>Commit a horrific homicide against 2 people.....judge will sentence you to 200 years in prison......convicted defendant will go before a panel and legally have his sentence shortened to "just life"
>Commit a horrific homicide against 20 TWENTY people

i think you know what happens next

Edgy as fuck.
Death penalties for drug dealing and identity theft? What the fuck

>ID theft
What???