Itt:post the last great film you saw

Itt:post the last great film you saw

I watched In The Mood for Love and 2046 this weekend, ITMFL was great, 2046 was good but not as good.

1. In The Mood for Love
2. Chungking Express
3. Happy Together
4. Days of Being Wild
5. 2046
6. Fallen Angels
SHIT. Grandmaster

Haven't seen his other flicks

Samefagging?

BECAUSE I'M COOL

no I posted Chungking Express. Look at the amount of posters compared to replies, every reply in this thread is from a different person

That was a great movie. Still don't really understand the whole blonde thing.

La Haine.

That's a cartoon.

Switch Fallen Angels with In The Mood For Love and that's my list.

Naked.

I love these movies so much. I rank them both as equals, but if I absolutely had to pick one, I think it'd be Fallen Angels.

I think Fallen Angels has the best story but also the weakest of the four. What puts it slightly ahead is the ending.

XD

ACKSHUALLY IT IS A JAPANESE ANIMATED FILM FOR GROWN ADULTS WITH MATURE TASTES SUCH AS MYSELF

No but for real, GITS is one of my favorite films of all time. Go ahead and hate the anime shit if you want, that's cool, but it is an 11/10 in my book. I can't even throw it on my second monitor as background noise while I shitpost because it hooks me in every single time. The jewllywood GITS is going to absolute shit tier so I can't even look forward to a live action film.

Weakest what?
And yeah, the ending is amazing.

Between Fallen Angels and Chungking Express there are four stories. In my opinion Fallen Angels has the best one, but also the weakest of the bunch.

ARR GOOK MOVIES ROOK SAME

WAR KONG DONG BONG

Oh yeah, sorry. I agree. You do mean Takeshi Kaneshiro's story is the best one, right? I like his parts most in both films.

Of course. I think his part in CE is on par with the other one but the one in FE is phenomenal and he is, just... amazing.

pretty good/10

This thread really made me want to re-watch them. I think I'm going to watch one tonight.

ALL THE LEAVES ARE BROWN

I quite liked that.
It's not the kind of film I ever plan on watching again though.

I saw The Hunt for Red October the other day and really liked it. It was hardly a masterpiece, but Baldwin and Connery were spot on.

Also saw Lethal Weapon 1 for the first time yesterday. It was fucking hilarious.

Life Aquatic

Haven't seen it in about 10 years and that was the ultimate super director's cut.
This time I just went for the theatrical cut.
I'm a lot better at watching films now. Much more likely to notice the extra layer of meaning.

Half the time I watch films I'm thinking "I could do better than this" and that's not too much of a stretch. I'm an okay photographer, I know a bit about lighting, I write music and the odd story, but Blade Runner is one of those films that makes me realise I haven't got a fucking clue.

kino. especially if you love fly fishing and the outdoors like myself.

also, if you're a fudgepacker, brad pitt is freakishly good looking in this film. this was his prime.

One day I'm going to watch all the Jack Ryan films in order.

Shadow Recruit
Sum Of All Fears
Hunt For Red October
and then one or two Harrison Ford films.
Clear and Present Danger (maybe)
Patriot Games

I can never remember for sure because so many 90s thrillers had the same kinds of names. Either two powerful words like "imminent thereat" or a short legal/military phrase like "rules of engagement"

I did it after I saw Red October (I liked Ryan) and they are all completely watchable (except Shadow Recruit. It was just bad)

And you've got all the movies and names right.