Hollywood and Sexism

The National Film Board of Canada has already implemented measures to close the gender gap. Why won't Hollywood do the same? Do they hate women?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dO5zKcsLWX0
twitter.com/juliakiran/status/800779147840655361
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hmm, maybe the meme of Canada being cucked really his real

what is "cucked" about giving women a fair chance? are you braindead?

A FUCKING LEAF

Are you new? Sup Forums isn't the place to push social justice chief. You'll just get crucified for it.,

the gender gap doesnt exist men and women choose to spend their money differently as well as their lifestyles and that is the result of the difference, women CHOOSING to earn less because they are more prone to want to raise kids and stay at home

>the gender gap doesnt exist
Less than 5% of the top 250 blockbusters were directed by women

Maybe women should learn how to direct and maybe then they'll make more blockbusters. Stop crucufying men for women's failures.

equality of outcome VS equality of opportunity

insane dystopia were everyone who can run has their feet cut off to make it more equal VS the same fucking dream the enlightenment thinkers had since the 1800s

it was pretty ballsy for the founding fathers to insist that 'all men are created equal' in the constitution despite still owning slaves. They knew their system wasn't perfect and there wasn't legal equality for all but they still dreamed. When did the dream become a fucking nightmare? In this fucked up future what about all the women who DON'T want to be senators, lawyers, producers or whatever you arbitrarily feel has a patriarchy enforced gender gap? Are you gunna put a gun to people's heads and force them to be mathematicians because they're ain't enough women in those roles? And everyone who wants to be a baker, butcher, or candlestick maker you're going to force em to take on colleagues who don't want to be there but are just half interested gender warriors? And everyone who has a passion better not be male or white? Fucking insanity.

>Maybe women should learn how to direct
they know how to direct. it's the patriarchy that keeps them away from positions of power

>implying there's equality of opportunity
the rest of your post sounds like the ramblings of a MRA. women just want equal opportunity

>women just want equal opportunity

They have it. Maybe they aren't as creative as men on average and maybe, just maybe a SHITLOAD more men are interested in directing than woman are.

Think.

youtube.com/watch?v=dO5zKcsLWX0

>extremely prejudiced post full of retarded assumptions
>"Think"
kek

>using a comedy video as some form of argument

Why do you think that is? Could it be women aren't interested in a lot of films directed by women?

>we just want equal opportunity

Really? Then why not SUE which is your fucking legal rights. IF there is actual discrimination, fucking investigate, hire some lawyers and SUE THEM. It's already illegal to discriminate by race and sex. This is not about equality of opportunity.

You fucking idiots are trying to write laws to actively discriminate against men and white people (which is fucking sexist and racist, but not according to your asshole marxist dogma).

I don't believe it in the slightest. If you gave a fuck you could find evidence of this so-called atrocity and you'd be able to take the studios down under are current, extremely generous legal system. All you need is money and I'm sure the SJW crowdfunding bank can handle it instead of funding charlatans and con artists who constantly exploit your armchair outrage.

Equality is more about paying a female the same as a male. They work the same job, yield the same productivity, but get paid far less than a male. You know how slavery is unfair because they don't get paid? Women are feeling cheated in this manner. Great for the bottom dollar of corporations, but it is essentially cheating.

>using a comedy video as some form of argument
did you even get the joke?

women dont want to be in positions of power they have no place there and to think so is just furthering the destruction of the west

Women buy nature are not as creative as men and also dont go to films as much as men. The vast majority of women are only capable of making Rom Coms and female power fantasy characters. This is an objective fact.

>he thinks women and men are literally equal across the board.

lmao

Weird how frightened and threatened white men are of everything. Losing their minds at the thought of change. It's like the status quo must be designed only to benefit them and any change to it would damage the sweet scam they've got going on.

Maybe there aren't as many women aspiring to be filmmakers, hmm?

We agree on equal opportunity, people like you want equal outcome. That's not reality my friend.

>Why do you think that is?
Sexism

There's laws againd pay gap, not employment gap. Institutional sexism is very alive in Hollywood and women are kept out of positions of power (CEOs, film producers, film directors, etc). The only way to solve this is with quotas

fuck off back to Sup Forums with your lunacy

>Women buy nature are not as creative as men and also dont go to films as much as men
There's absolutely no evidence to support this, you're just a butthurt peewee boy. Fuck off back to Sup Forums with the guy above

They obviously aren't, but women aren't intellectually or artistically inferior to men. The thing keeping them away from the industry is patriarchy, plain and simple

They don't get the same opportunities and they never have. It's a boys club everywhere. That's why the diversity movement is important, because it's inclusive, not exclusive.

You mean, just like how all of your posts have been completely prejudice towards males?

>they know how to direct

>Less than 5% of the top 250 blockbusters were directed by women
Says they don't

No, that's just how it turns out. Are nurses and teachers mostly women because they actively try to keep men out?

How are they prejudiced?

No, that means they aren't given positions of power in the industry. Directors like Kathryn Bygelow, Claire Denis, Leni Riefnstahl, Guy-Blaché and many others are evidence that women are as capable of producing quality art as men.

And here come the buzz words.

>great for the bottom dollar of corporations
so if this is true, then why not fire all the men in their company and replace the staff entirely with women since its apparently legal to pay them less for the exact same job. EXTREMELY great for a corporation's bottom dollar, right?

I love how you accused the other guy of sounding like an MRA yet you use the term patriarchy. In case you didn't realize, hardly any women have real hobbies, never mind directing fucking films. What the fuck do you expect?

I think you're on the wrong website, friend.

>women are as capable of producing quality art as men

If that were true, your list would be much longer.

>they aren't given positions of power in the industry

A good director doesn't just hang around waiting to be given a position. They just go out and make fucking movies.

Says the one using the word 'patriarchy'

Maybe women should start studios like the men had to and then they can hire as many women directors as they want.

Of course, that means women will be putting THEIR money on the line if those films tank and fuck a woman ever pay for anything.

Patriarchy my ass

So if there's a how does this work, Do non Canadian actors working in a Canadian production get paid the same as someone in a bit part, Would a Canadian show and cast pay everyone the same even though one actor is clearly stronger than the rest and the main reason most people are watching?

No, dude you don't get it. Studio executives and producers reject talented women directors just because of the vagina. It's not like they want to make money, boogeyman oppression is the game. Same shit with scripts written by women, gazillion of them are getting burned on the backyard of studios each day, while white men chant around the fire, flapping their dicks.

Because you've already made clear your disposition against men by seeking to pin all blame on some vague term such as patriarchy instead of finding more concrete evidence as to why only 5% of filmmakers are female. You only assume there's one reason to everything, and that some picture of keira knightley with a quote next to it proves your case.

Your baiting is poor.

Let's post big boobies instead.

Patriarchy is real, despite whatever bullshit you've heard on Sup Forums

Do you want me to give you a comprehensive list of every single accomplished female director? Kek. The definitive list isn't longer because of sexism.

That would be fair and square if the industry wasn't actively pushing women away

They are, but they don't have the reach of multi-billion, old and estabilished industries like Hollywood.

Patriarchy is real and active, and me pointing that out isn't prejudice. Quite the opposite, actually

Fucking this. No self-respecting creative just sits around or shouts online about how the corporate world needs to change so they can make a piece of art. They suck it up and just make it.

I love women and everything but sometimes you need to learn to shut the fuck up, ladies.

Ladies, shut the fuck up. Learn what you're good at, stick with it, I'll give you all the support you want, but if you try and step into my world? Don't expect me to treat you like the princess I normally would. I love you all, but you're not stepping where you shouldn't be stepping. You're NOT stepping where you shouldn't be stepping.

Misquote?

You're trying to put the blame on the opressed instead of the oppresor. Women aren't idling around waiting for jobs to get their way. It's just freaking hard when the game is rigged against you

Not an argument, boy-o. I'm a "lady" and probably way smarter than your piece of shit, prejudiced ass

Prove it. Right here right now.

>Patriarchy is real

Sure thing.
Also, aliens talk to me through dreams.

You're a lost cause m8, do yourself a favor and stop this bullshit sjw crusade.

>It's just freaking hard when the game is rigged against you

So stop bitching and make your own fucking game, holy shit.

>That would be fair and square if the industry wasn't actively pushing women away

How is it doing this? Bigelow's been allowed to make excellent movies for decades

>Not an argument, boy-o. I'm a "lady" and probably way smarter than your piece of shit, prejudiced ass

You're a tranny at best. You're larping at worst.
Maybe the other way around.

Those multi-billion old industries started out as little rinky-dink operations too, by men who put in hard work and sacrifice. Is it really too much to expect women to do the same? Isn't that equal?

Or is feminism all about asking the the men to do for it them?

holy fuck, the blonde on the left aint fuckin around

MAybe the stupid cow should have signed up for Pirates 5 and she'd have some coin in her purse. Stupid cunt.

>Women aren't idling around waiting for jobs to get their way

Then what are they doing?

The game is rigged against you regardless of gender or skin color. You're the one playing the victim game. Making a movie is hard work regardless, and despite your best efforts, it can still end up shit due to many reasons.

I never get why they try to put equality in capeshit when almost all of the audience are white male teenagers

Do you also think the tech industry is sexist and pushing women away? lmao.

>This industry is so sexist!!
>Has a net worth of $50m

Women have had 200,000 years to be equal to men, how do we expect them to catch up when they were never even close?

wtf I hate Keira Knightley now. Ill never fap to her again

>year 2016
>women have had 200,000 years to catch up
Are you literally retarded or just over exaggerating?

Because the non white males are the ones crying via twitter. They're nothing but a vocal minority who don't actually care about spending money consuming this type of media. The whole thing is a fucking meme and everyone is taking their opinions seriously these days. Media in general is fucked now. Just wait and see what 90% of games and films look like in ten years.

>what is "cucked" about giving women a fair chance?
Women do get a fair chance in cinema, they've gotten a fair chance for decades. Its not our faults that the shit they write isn't accepted by a majority Jewish distribution company. They decide what they're putting out because that's what they've evaluated as making them the most profit, its simple economics.
The National Film Board of Canada are "to produce and distribute and to promote the production and distribution of films designed to interpret Canada to Canadians and to other nations." In short they're a propaganda production company so of course they will have policies in line with the current government in power, kinda like that anime with the dyke with the pink hair and the poo in the loo who changes owners every time a dual is lost and thereby changes personality and ideals to match the current owner. They have nothing to do with the current state of the film industry, the gender gap is nothing more then the Hollywood producers saying "your films don't sell enough so why should we give you morons money and attention?"

If you want more women in film then have them make better movies that make loads-o-emone overseas even if the critics hate it. If not then they tell you to fuck off.

This very thread is full of evidence

>women are just dumb lmao
>you don't get, they DON'T WANT TO WORK AS FILMMAKERS

it's easy to say that when you're a male top kek

why aren't there more female directors?

believe whatever you want to

do you want a gender-based apartheid or what? i'm not asking for an all-female movie industry, but rather an all-inclusive industry that allows women to prosper

who said making movies is easy? it's even harder when you're a female

I know very little about it

>Women have had 200,000 years to be equal to men
Right, like they weren't banished from universities until the late 19th/ early 20th century, banished from working until the early 20th century. And that's in the West, the most progressive half of the world. Women are still stoned to death in good part of the world if they raise their voices. This type of misinformation is just astounding to hear. I wonder if you're trolling

Bla bla bla bla, get off your fat ass and go and make a film instead of crying about people "holding you back" you dumb cunt.

not an argument
if your neckbeard brain really want to know I'm currently shooting my second short-film

Well that would be silly

>Women are still stoned to death in good part of the world if they raise their voices

So go and try and change things for the better there instead of crying and moaning when as a group Western women are the most privileged and pampered people have ever been in history. You're living in an extremely egalitarian society and you're STILL huffing and puffing with a massive chip on your shoulder, this is why people are fucking fed up with your bullshit and why Trump won.

Women are fucking retarded. They even bitch about the "pay gap" in a sport where the majority of money comes directly from winning tournaments.

Great. I bet it's fucking horseshit and not because you're a woman, you've demonstrated what a dumb lump of matter you are and it's plain to see anything you create would be fucking worthless.

>fuck off back to Sup Forums with your lunacy
not an argument

Except she posted the day after that article saying she was misquoted and deliberately misrepresented. BBC admitted to it.

Depends on how many there are
The tech industry is dominated by males because so few females have STEM majors in college

Dumb cow, MOVIES ARE A BUSINESS! Whatever the market demands, sells.

Ah you're clearly bitter at your own failings so far then. Interesting, blame it on the patriarchy.

Nobody here is saying women are dumb, I just think it's agreed that they're not as good as men on average at most things. Also women make different choices than men.

>why aren't there more female directors?

I don't know

Maybe fewer women want to be directors

Maybe they're just shit at it

>implying she's the only one to ever complain about it
>implying the article existing in the first place isn't an issue

Got a source for that? I don't disbelieve you just wanna see what she wrote.

Show us the first one. I'm sure it's as shitty as your ability to think critically and argue.

"Is", not "His".

And watch what you say about Canada.

>This very thread is full of evidence
>I don't understand banter
How new are you?
Because:
(a): They can't produce the profits studios want
or
(b): Because they are incompatible with the studio staff or do dumb shit against the studio's wishes and get blacklisted.
>i'm not asking for an all-female movie industry, but rather an all-inclusive industry
The industry is inclusive and will continue to be if it continues to bring in profits from international markets and minority revenue pools (aka the only reason why Tyler Perry movies are still made.)
>it's even harder when you're a female
That's a sexist and unfounded statement.
>Women are still stoned to death in good part of the world if they raise their voices
And yet women in the West are still more concerned with first world problems like the season finale of The Bachelor and shaming populists in safe space Universities then doing something beneficial to humanity.
Sure women were kept from Universities until a couple centuries ago I won't refute that, but thats purely because of the social structure of families and women wanting to raise a family as their priority. Even then how come some blacks have been arguably doing better despite having the same opportunities later then women did?

You're just bitching for the sake of bitching and just want to troll us for enjoyment or your actually a spiteful women or cuck who just wants another handicap in the game of life.

>a long shitpost by the state media for the British Caliphate
>this must mean american women in esports are fucking trash amirite

If Hollywood could make more money by casting ONLY women in every movie ever, and ONLY having female directors, they would.

The Jews only care about what sells. Women don't sell, not even to other women.

Because there aren't a lot of good or profitable female directors in industry. And from executives stand point there aren't a lot of "safe" female directors who will shut the fuck up and what they are told to, for the sake of appeal to specific demographic and not their artistic vision, these people will go with what they know, every single time and there is nothing you can do about it. But hey, at least in editing department, you've got it all figured out.

Just kidding, just came to this photo. God this women has given me so many powerful orgasms over the years I cant help but agree with anything she says. If Keira wants more money, she should get more money

>They twisted my words in BBC and cut off sentences to make it sound like they wanted it to
twitter.com/juliakiran/status/800779147840655361

>act like a retard
>it wasn't me
Still waiting in the source of the BBC admiting they skewed her words lad

Why are guys wasting your time arguing with an user who's obviously not a woman. It's the blacked sjw poster who has been derailing countless these past couple of days, the faggot is pretty easy to spot

The rarity of female gamers turning professional is also connected, Steph believes, to the history of games development which has seen the creation of games dominated by men and so despite e-sports not being physical "they focus on spacial awareness and reflexes, skills often stronger for men," Steph says.
She wants to see more female developers creating the games, which will reflect women and inspiring more women to play: "We'll see mainstream gamers becoming more diverse and if I can inspire one person then it would have been worth it."

>the city of women

>women are half of the general human population
>that must mean they're half of every single population that exists
>if they aren't 50% or more of any given sample set or population that indicates a PROBLEM that must be fixed
>meanwhile in female-dominated spaces no one gives a fuck and don't see the lack of male representation as a problem

I fucking hate this meme feminists propagate. I't fucking dumb, not everyone likes the same things. Not every interest that exists is ever going to be populated by an exact mirrored proportion of the general population.

And to be clear, I absolutely do not see that last point about men being underrepresented in female-dominated things as being a problem, but anyone who subscribes to the idea that "50% of people are women, therefore 50% of every hobby/interest/profession must also be women" is being a retardedly obvious hypocrite if they don't apply the same logic to men (which they never do).

It's their own fault. There's nothing stopping women from starting their own production companies.

*threads

Uhh the wage gap??

>women get paid less than men
>meaning women have less money overall than men
>women don't have enough money to start their own production companies

>The BBC have responded to Dexerto’s request for a statement regarding Julia’s claim: “The length of the interview was cut down for duration purposes but the sense of what was said was not changed in any way.”

Now you're going to say "they didn't directly admit to it" while simultaneously harboring the belief that they are shitty journalists just so you can believe you won an argument on a tanzanian crab baiting website.

You're angry, I get it. Namecalling loses you points though. Discredits you. One day Sup Forums will be filled with morally conscious individuals but for now it reflects the harsh, unchangeable reality of the world. It's why people keep telling you to go back to Redit, because it's where the politically correct go to feel warm and fuzzy about their perfect, fake world. So argue, hear all sides of the argument, and learn from it. The world is full of people who were raised with opinions different from you, so never take it personally.

Doesnt exist

Stop false-flagging for the OP, even he isn't that retarded.

>Women choose to work less than men
>Women don't work as many dangerous jobs or unsociable hours
>Muh pay gap

Is the pay gap the worst meme of the modern era?

The fatal difference being men don't want to enter female dominated careers, while women want to be more well-represented in Hollywood, as CEOs, in IT, etc.

>do you want a gender-based apartheid or what? i'm not asking for an all-female movie industry, but rather an all-inclusive industry that allows women to prosper

What the hell are you talking about. Male studios exist because men put in the work to start them. Women can start their own studios and hire who they want? Very simple. Where did you get apartheid or all-female movie industry from?

All I'm hearing is "we want to be able to make whatever movies we want but still have the Men pay for it".