Rush

Is there a more underrated album?

Underrated for sure.

Both of these are amazing

Permanent Waves > Hemispheres > Signals > A Farewell To Kings > Moving Pictures > Caress of Steel > 2112 > Grace Under Pressure > Fly By Night > Vapor Trails > Rush > Power Windows > Hold Your Fire > Snakes and Arrows >>> the rest (not a big fan of the rest of their stuff). Roll The Bones isnt terrible, but I wouldnt rank it among these.

Probably my fourth favorite Rush album behind Hemispheres > Permanent Waves > and 2112. On par with Moving Pictures and Signals. Still a solid 8/10. I don't care much for Cinderella Man or Madrigal but Xanadu and Cygnus are 2 of Rush's best songs. It's probably underrated on Sup Forums, but Rush in general is underrated here, I usually see it mentioned as a favorite of Rush fans though.

No Clockwork Angels? I love that album, probably their best since Grace Under Pressure. I personally would put it above Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows.

Grace Under Pressure rules

It's only underrated because it was merely setting the stage for Hemispheres, but you gotta admit that Closer to The Heart is a very popular song. In fact, if you were to ask a novice fan, or casual listener to name a song off this album, that would be the only song they would know.

>Bitches don't know about Xanadu or Cygnus X-1

God i love this album. The title track is a masterpiece

Among Rush fans? No, Farewell to Kings is not underrated among them. I think Power Windows or Hold Your Fire are more underrated. Incredible music, but not as "Rush" as other albums. Most of the older guys I know won't even listen to those albums, and pick Rush Back up at Snakes and Arrows.

I don't think it's underrated; it has Subdivisions, which a lot of people know.

Yes Power Windows is their most underrated.

put fly by night above the rest and you've got a deal

rush is one of the most OVERrated bands out there, so no, they are not underrated

>Xanadu
what a fucking track

this, i cant understand the almost universal hate it seems to get

>being this pleb

theyre not bad, but when the average rush fan equates ALL of their music to the second coming of christ, Id say its safe to say they are overrated

Who hates it? because of the synths? granted they sound a bit dated today, but by god if it doesn't have some of the best riffs in their history. The Big Money is also music video kino

And not to mention that it has the best opening track after 2112.

Well, Rush fans are among the most loyal when it comes to rock (and it's subgenres) and I find it understandable why they do thaylt, I myself want most people around me to listen to them. Depending on the album you can surely say that they are the best at what they do.

I don't understand your response. Is it pro or anti Xanadu

I have a love/hate relation with the synths in Xanadu. They're cheesy, but yet I can't really imagine the song without them. They do belong.

Noice! My favorite Rush album.

Power Windows is fucking amazing. The production gives me AIDS tho.

Daily reminder that Xanadu was a studio one-take.

You try shitting out a 12 minute song for studio in one go.

i think from vapor trails the underrated song is out of the cradle and somehow a favorite one

Rush is trash friend, simply a poor man's Yes or King Crimson

Except they are nothing like King Crimson and unlike Yes they were able to continue to put out worthwhile music past the 70's. I love all three of those bands, but they each have pretty significant stylistic differences.

DUDE VIRTUOSITY LMAO

I love out of the cradle and ceiling unlimited.

fuck yes

What the heck is Rush Sup Forumscore now? You couldn't make a thread about them years ago you'd be flamed and 404ed

I feel like Rush's popularity in general has spiked in the past few years. Their nerdy song topics and cheesy synths seem to have come full circle from being outdated to kind of endearing.

Cheesy synths are in vogue now so it makes sense

>Rush: Continue my legacy, sons
>King Gizzard: Yes Father