Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

But seriously, greatest love story of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lFkyAD9gS6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That wagner sequence in the director's cut is the GOAT kinographie

Which scene is that?

Bale > Farrell

personally thought this was his best film

how the indian girl climb the tree at the end of the flick?

My nigga

The arrival of the English, its a brilliant opening

youtube.com/watch?v=lFkyAD9gS6g

Malick's best film by miles.

I don't know what I'm feeling from this film senpai.

Smith lost it all.
The girl found the right man but then died.
Rolfe lost his wife after trying so hard to maker he his.

It's such a conflicting ending. I feel bad for smith but happy for rolfe. I don't know what to feel.

Interesting how Terry took a work built around Old World mythology and transposed it onto the opening chapter of a work literally called The New World. The prelude to the pagan mythos intimately tied to nature, the Vorspiel that signifies the flow of the powerful Germanic river along with both the creation of the world and the creation of the myth cycle is now recontextualized with the prelude to modern America, the creation of a new paradise.

Why is this film so underrated and divisive?

I always forget it even exists.
When I think Malick, I think TTRL was followed by TOL.

Clearly you can see the marvel of the Civilization being brought to the dark ages tribes.

Also :

>tfw you'll never conquer new lands full of ebony exotic waifus

Pocahontas: Have you found your Indies, John?
John Smith: I might have sailed past them.

By the power of Grace

Any other kino like this?

Lost In Space

>There was one day when Terry was just kind of riffing, talking about stuff, and we were chatting, and we just started recording. We weren’t filming, we were just recording. And Terry was feeding me ideas for lines, like, “Okay, think about this idea and give me some things, Christian,” or, “Specifically say these lines, try these.” Then he said, “Just take it wherever you want.” I was used to that by then, I would just say whatever was on my mind, a stream of consciousness kind of thing, and it could be poignant or it could be absolutely mundane. On that particular day, I just said, “Nah, I’m not doing it. I don’t care. I’ve got nothing left. I’ve got no ideas, and I don’t give a shit, Terry, I just don’t care anymore.” I was having a bad day. And he just went, “Perfect. That was wonderful.”

Malick's best film and one of the very best films of the 21st century, probably ever. The first 2 hours in particular are absolutely astonishing and serve as one of the greatest examples of the sheer power that the best filmmaking can conjure. It's so beautiful and moving.

The Criterion release looks incredible btw

Ha. The greatest love story of all time is that of Christ's love for His church.

fucking based

Gonna have to check this out now.... Anything with killer cinematography and sheer beauty is worth watching imo. If the acting is anywhere near decent this sounds like a film I can dig.

This is pretty sick btw.

watch thin red line as well

Literally downloaded and watched it last week. Always had heard about it, finally snagged it and checked it out. Amazing and beautiful as well.

Pumped for The New World now.