3. Suicide Squad
4. Hacksaw Ridge
5. The Accountant
6. 10 Colverfield Lane
7. Snowden
8. The Neon Demon
9. Warcraft
10. Assassin's Creed

Those are all shit. Like every single one of them.
those too.

>Assassin's Creed
not even out yet

it's just the highest reviewed from movieo.me. it has a very limited selection.

>No Sing Street

Plebeian taste: the post.

>Shitty list faggot

nocturnal animals
Cemetery of splendour
Arrival
Hacksaw ridge
Midnight special
Lo and behold
Elle

Shin Godzilla

>La La Land

I'm not sure I can take another Hollywood jerks off over itself movie, again, 2bh

and the award for most obvious bait goes to...

keke I made this thread to cheat you lads into giving my free film recommendations.

...Spotlight!

throw fantastic beasts at the bottom

>no Elle
>no Cemetery of Splendour
>Moonlight
pleb

this is a list of worst films right? right??

wait. did you even see the shark in the shallows? my wife's son has drawn better in kindergarten

patrician choices. all the rest are crap/boring/mediocre

>not liking Hacksaw and Hail, Caesar

Commie

Cemetery was 2015 though.
Or did it have a 2016 release in the US?

never seen them. what are they about?

Shin Godzilla
Batman v Superman
Sing Street
Nice Guys
Train to Busan
10 Cloverfield Lane
Didn't really like much of anything else. Maybe Hacksaw Ridge might be good.

It had a limited release march this year

add x-men: apocalypse

So far what Ive enjoyed this year has been (no particular order)
>Swiss Army Man
>Hacksaw Ridge
>The Nice Guys
>Snowden
Haven't seen La La Land, Nocturnal Animals or Arrival.

>no miles ahead, the best biopic in fucking years

Good grief, what a shit year for movies.

>Arrival
>Patrician

>Hell of High Water
>Patrician

It's good, but it also what we would call a mature flick.

only good taste in this thread incoming:

Kate Plays Christine
The Other Side
Louder Than Bombs
Sunset Song
Fire at Sea
Aquarius
Manchester-by-the-Sea
Certain Women

We don't like your kind 'round these parts.

Came to this thread hoping to find patricians, only seeing plebs not posting The Handmainden. The only choice for best kino 2016.

Park Chan Wook more like Big Fat Hack

absolutely fucking disgustingly plebeian. Park Chan Wook is the only Asian director that maximum plebs are aware of. Do you also love Oldboy? You sicken me.

Swiss Army Man was a joy to watch

Wrong.

kill yourself

>it's popular so it's bad

So a directors ability is measured by how many plebs know of him? That is a ridiculous statement user. Oldboy is decent but his best film before the Handmainden is Sympathy for Mr Vengeance.

missing Neon Demon

>there are legitimate hipsters posting on the Internet
A terrifying thought, isn't it.

Nowhere did I say that it's bad because it's popular. I would expect someone who loves the garbage that is Park Chan Wook to be ill-equipped to read a simple comment though.

>choosing Moonlight over King Cobra

Stop it user

>Cemetery of splendour

what did you like about it? genuinely curious, I'm not sure what to make of it

Oldboy is stylistic, empty trash. The Handmaiden is a preposterously overlong romance that again highlights Wook's complete disinterest in sketching any convincing characters. He creates a few empty ciphers who are defined by one character trait, then uses them in a vaguely Hitchcockian way while using unjustified aesthetic indulgences.

The Handmaiden has a few very effective sequences but it drags on interminably, seemingly has almost nothing to say, much like Oldboy, and eventually devolves into very forced surrealism that adds almost nothing to the rest of the film.

Wook is not good and if The Handmaiden is the best movie you've seen this year then I strongly encourage you to seek out more films.

calm down, Bret Easton Ellis

have you seen any other Apichatpong? I mean, it's pretty par for the course. Way less weird than his others, even.

I haven't, but the whole movie felt more like a weird documentary than a fiction story

where would you rank it in his filmography?

I haven't seen it yet but I am excited to watch it.

It's sort of about the sleep as a connection to Thai myths and the unearthed kingdoms that lie beneath our feet.

He views cinema, as well as dreams, as a vehicle for connecting to the past, which in turn reawakens us to the present (which is sort of what the last shot is about).

His recent films have mainly involved spirits of the dead visiting the living, which has implications not only within the stories he tells, but also the current political climate of Thailand which is pretty tumultuous right now.

You should watch Uncle Boonmee. It's as good as Tree of Life imho.

It's similar in mood and setting to his recent films so you won't be disappointed. I wouldn't put it up there with Syndromes or Boonmee but it still feels fresh and exciting.

One image/transition is particularly divine but I won't spoil it.

Thanks my man. I do like his stuff quite a bit, though I have to say that I'm not as avid a devotee to the slow cinema movement that it seems so many current film buffs are. Anyway, I will look forward to watching Cemetery.

I'm seeing Moonlight and Manchester-by-the-Sea this week which I've been waiting for so I'm pretty hyped. Been a good year for movies so far and there's still plenty of stuff I haven't seen.

tell me, is lalaland like whiplash? cause I love that movie and if there is some hint of that in this ne im in for it, but if its another try hard for musical comeback im out

you have to be of a certain disposition to like slow cinema, no doubt.

Once it clicked with me I couldn't get enough of it. You have to *really* want to be there. Also helps if you're boring in real life lol.

Paterson is out in my country this week. Cannot fucking wait.

CertainWomen, Don't Breathe, Creepy, Elle, Sunset Song, Evolution, Homo Sapiens, The Mine.

haha, meme!

I was worried I was the only one

I like some slow cinema a lot. A recent example would be Reichardt's Certain Women. I also really like Tarr, Tsai Ming-liang and HHH quite a bit. Some of it just doesn't click for me I guess. I also think it's a bit of a drag that it has become basically the representation of what art cinema should aspire to.

I'm hyped as hell for Paterson too. I haven't seen enough Jarmusch but I love the stuff I have seen.

I wanna watch the fits, is it good? the trailer seems so spooky.

Not that guy but I watched it recently. It's not amazing but it's definitely worth a watch. Pretty impressive especially for a directorial debut.

It's good imo.

I also forgot To's Three

Office > Three

thanks I check it out.
both seemsmore lucid that the current people on the thread, so I will ask, looking for movies like martha marcy may marlene, slow but punching in your face, the fits kinda looks like that, any other suggestion? sorry my bad english.
pic related my grid

suicide squad, tarzan = kino

how is They Look Like People? Looks interesting but I don't see how it's a full feature.

wew. literally my two worst films of the year.

The Alchemist Cookbook
Maudite Poutine
Don't Breathe
Baden Baden
Oh What a Wonderful Feeling
Homo Sapiens
Dreamstates
Toni Erdmann
The Love Witch
All These Sleepless Nights

glad you liked them

it's really indie low cost movie, but its super effective and nice acted, the cinematograpy is really nice, I like it a lot.

I love your choices but all of them look like music videos, really pretty ones tou.
The Alchemist Cookbook looks interesting, it's like safety not guaranted or is just nosense?

Has this year been absolutely shit or have I just become a cynical cunt unable to have fun? The only Movie I enjoyed was pic related.

my personal top 10 of 2016

1. Batman v Superman Dawn of justice Director's Cut ™
2. Hacksaw Ridge
3. Zootopia
4. Neon Demon
5. Swiss Army Man
6. Train to Busan
10.Doctor Strange

you're just a gigantic pleb mate

Hacksaw ridge

Not a bad list.... here's a better one:

1. Moonlight