CUTE and COOL

shit movie for a shit generation

no wonder disney shills you cucked fucks soooo hard

teeth like a fucking beaver
five head
fas face

HOT

What did he mean by this?

How is she a Mary Sue, though? I see you fucking faggots say this all the time, yet you never back it up

>as good at flying as a Skywalker
>can repair the Falcon as good as Solo
>able to learn jedi mind tricks on the fly when it took Luke great concentration to even move his lightsaber in ESB
>beat a wannabe sith with Skywalker blood trained by no less than Luke himself when she has no formal training in either using the Force or a lightsaber

The only way to justify her character to me is that she was remembering how to do all those things from before Jakku that she can't remember because plot.

Alright I'm game dubs man, can you name a single time where she failed?

She failed to confront her past and save Han, I think that counts big time.

>save Han
Definitely not a failure on her part, Luke didn't "fail" to save Ben, both sacrificed themselves willingly.

>confront her past
Really the only thing that can count, which is what makes me thing this is fishy as fuck and that there's more to her character than they let us know.

Still, pretty OP character unless there's a reason she knows how to do all these things.

Post that "acting" webm.

Apologize

you spelt Shit wrong. thanks for reminding me not to take popular opinion on Sup Forums seriously

Luke destroying the Death Star makes him a Gary Stu

The first time I watched TFA, I was actually a little taken aback by the fact that Disney allowed all those armpit shots.

Stop trolling anytime

lewd pits

Most audience members aren't sexless, perverted freaks like you

She's a shit actress! SHIT!

disgusting teeth

i want her to use jedi mind tricks on my benis, if you catched my drift

Nah man I'm not even an armpit guy, I just think Daisy's kinda hot and decided sexualize her the whole movie. We do see her pits a lot though, and they're sweaty almost every time we see them. I'm sorry, but that shit was done on purpose.

question for any reyfags in this thread: you are doing this to trigger people like me, right? no other reason? you can't actually like her much, considering she's literally mediocre: the person?

>as good at flying as a Skywalker
No she isn't and nothing that happens in the show indicates that she is.
>can repair the Falcon as good as solo
Han Solo is a famously shitty mechanic, he can't get the Falcon working in the original trilogy, everyone call his ship junky, and Lando is aghast at the condition the ship was in. That said, she also had preexisting knowledge about the ship's modifications that Solo did not.
>able to learn jedi mind tricks on the fly when it took Luke great concentration to even move his lightsaber in ESB
He literally guided a torpedo into a hole with his fucking mind in the first film. Anakin won a pod race because of precognition. Mastering the Force quickly is a common Skywalker trait. It wasn't hard for Luke to grab his saber because of lack of training, it was hard because he was freezing, upside down, and scared of the monster in the cave with him.
>beat a wannabe sith with Skywalker blood trained by no less than Luke himself when she has no formal training in either using the Force or a lightsaber
He was critically wounded by the bowcaster and in a fucked up mental state due to killing his father and the conflicted emotions tied to that. Remember when Anakin was the chosen one and said to be superior to Mace Windu with the lightsaber in Revenge of the Sith, yet Obi-Wan bests him? This isn't DBZ. Jedi don't win due to having a higher power level, circumstances are a bigger factor than anything.

>only guy in the fucking galaxy skilled enough to make and maintain a 0.5 rated lightspeed engine
>shitty mechanic
>all because he's using hacks so unstable that the thing would blow people sky high without careful tuning
Dude don't embarass yourself.

Women are awesome. Deal with it.

>only guy in the fucking galaxy skilled enough to make and maintain a 0.5 rated lightspeed engine

He's literally not the only guy and it's a moot point because he won the ship in a bet, the speed of the ship has nothing to do with him. He won it in a bet and the moment the hyperdrive went down he literally couldn't fix it. Shitty mechanic. Chewie is the one who maintains the ship.

>you can't actually like her much, considering she's literally mediocre: the person?
It's almost like people can have different tastes in things than other people do.

>be Anakin
>win pod racing championship with pod-racer made of scrap that is literally sabotaged, as a prepubescent child against fully experienced adults
>have the highest midichlorian count ever
>Jedi Master sticks his neck out literally to save you from slavery
>trained by Jedi despite being too old and too sketchy, become the most powerful Jedi ever in record time
>marry an extremely hot queen despite being forbidden to marry, get away with it easily, she even forgives you for massacring children

Not a Sue.

>be Rey
>pilot about as well as Lando Calrissian
>ship and droid mechanic skills on par with Chewbacca who comes from a primitive planet where they live in trees and have no power of any sort
>in defense of a loved one, barely defeat an extremely wounded two-bit demi-sith who is half insane and half passing out from blood loss
>get chosen by a Lightsaber just to give it back to the guy who actually owns it

Sue.

If you and your dubs knew anything about Star Wars lore you'd know that Lando only made superficial improvements to that YT-1300 and that it was Han and Chewie who made the hyperdrive modifications.

You'd also know that the Falcon is canonically the fastest ship in the galaxy, with your top of the line bounty hunter (think Fett with the Slave 1) getting something under class 0.7.

>literally not the only guy
Who?

>citing EU shit

Ok by your logic it isn't the fastest ship because there are capital ships rated at 0.4 that use monster farts as propulsion.

>capital ships rated at 0.4
I'm not even using the EU here, NJO's living planet notwithstanding.

The class system retcon with the Falcon being top of the line is canon mate. Check WookieAutism if you don't believe me.

Pic from another thread currently active.

what a fucking idiot. Rey doesn't win her first fight, she gets Sith-manipulated and goes unconscious.

Then at the end when they face off Kylo Ren is shot in the abdomen AND she has the help of Finn, who does half the work.

"Mary Sue" only applies to her mastery of the Force, which its implied is strong for a reason.

Kasdan or JJ said The Force gets stronger every generation so it's only natural she would be better with it than Luke. The rest of her backstory is still a mystery.

She is not a Mary Sue.

>The Force gets stronger every generation

And yet... Luke's friends all died for nothing. Luke fought so hard... for nothing. Bravo Disney! I LOVE NuStar Wars! Now let me turn around and shit on Batman v Superman for making Batman callous.

She sucks as a character nu male. Honestly though, I could forgive all of what has been mentioned if she wasn't such a bad actor. Rey sucks. Daisy sucks. TWA a shit.

guess World War I was pointless because World War II happened huh?

Guess World War II was pointless because it was immediately followed by the Cold War huh?

sorry you didn't get a sunshine and rainbows mary sue ending where everyone falls in love and has ten billion children who all become jedi

I bet I could cook a fried egg on her massive forehead on a hot jakku summer day

Women are shit. Deal with it.

>Sith-manipulated and goes unconscious
Yeah, only because of "plot" which rendered pointless as she won in the end without any help.

>Kylo Ren is shot in the abdomen AND she has the help of Finn, who does half the work
Stop using the "he was shot" as an excuse.

>JJ said
Why should you listen to someone who barely knows anything about Star Wars films and has absolutely no respect for the franchise?

Kek

Alright Sup Forums, how would've you handled her character without getting rid of or killing her off?

Make Rey the villain and Ren the hero instead.

>Yeah, only because of "plot" which rendered pointless as she won in the end without any help.
No, she won with the help of Finn and Kylo being shot in the fucking stomach.

Also "the plot" is the film.

>Stop using the "he was shot" as an excuse.
does that change that he was shot and not at full strength? nope.

>Why should you listen to someone who barely knows anything about Star Wars films and has absolutely no respect for the franchise?
because he has been thinking of and working on the franchise longer than you have and he was working with Lawrence Kasdan, who actually wrote 2 of the OT

you fucking idiot.

>the help of Finn
>getting yourself lighten up by a supposedly badly hurt dark jedi when you suck at everything but running away
>help

>No, she won with the help of Finn and Kylo being shot in the fucking stomach.
She mindfucked Ren and stormtroopers, and escaped without any help because meeting up with them, you moron.
>does that change that he was shot and not at full strength? nope.
He was hardly injured to begin with. If he could chase them in the snow, beat Finn with hardly any effort, and force push Rey into a tree far into the distance then he shouldn't have a problem beating a girl with hardly any fighting experience. If anything it should've made him stronger.
>because he has been thinking of and working on the franchise longer than you have and he was working with Lawrence Kasdan, who actually wrote 2 of the OT
You can't be this fucking delusional. Wow.

Next you'll be saying that Disney saved Star Wars.

The reason why you hate TFA is because you're literally Kylo Ren

you're an angsty manchild who put Star Wars on a pedestal to make up for your own failures and insecurities in real life, and you claim ownership of the series even though you don't actually understand it; instead of inheriting the spiritual themes and nature of the original trilogy and applying them to your own life to find greater self-actualization, you retreat into power level discussions and think the Force is about midichlorians counts and HURR DURR SUPER BADASS POWERS HURRR instead of spirit and belief

It's not a fucking coincidence that the very first scene Kylo learns of Rey's existence he spergs out on a computer.

POTTERY

This.

She's likable enough, but completely lacks depth and is little more than a vessel for Regressive Leftist wish fulfillment.

I want to like her, but I just can't.

I don't think you can discount Ren's injury and mental state as factors in losing to Rey, the movie made it pretty clear that it mattered.

>Han explicitly shown realizing how powerful the bowcaster is
>Ren throwing tantrums and being a general sperglord because muh Vader/muh daddy
>So buttravaged after killing Han that a distraught non-force-using Wookie plunks him right in the guts
>Constantly pounding on his injury during the fight and clearly taking some of his attention away from the action
>Takes him forever to incapacitate a noob sanitation engineer

I think it's more a case of Ren being shitty at his job than Rey being instantly OP. All he really did was kill a bunch of noobs at the Skywalker ranch.

That said, some of the other parts are definitely more than a bit suspect, specifically using Jedi mind tricks without having even known they were a thing or seeing them used by others. Maybe that will be explained later, for now, it's pretty stupid.

he straight up gets a clear slash at Kylo's arm.

>She mindfucked Ren and stormtroopers, and escaped without any help
because of her handle of The Force, which I already explained is meant to be a mystery at this point. We're not meant to assume she got it from nowhere.

>He was hardly injured to begin with
the movie makes a clear point that he's injured as Kylo keeps hitting it to get power off his adrenaline. Finn also gets a substantial hit at his arm so that's two injuries.

>You can't be this fucking delusional.
prove me wrong instead of beating your chest about it then, fucktard.

>meant to be a mystery at this point
I swear to God, i want to believe that theory, if they pull off some shit that doesn't explain how she remembered how to do all this shit, i'm going to be pissed.

But right now, you gotta admit that unless you look at all the little details in a biased fashion, she indeed is way more skilled than Luke who, you have to remember, is supposed to be one of the greatest Jedis of all time.

>which I already explained is meant to be a mystery at this point.
>how she remembered how to do all this shit

It's not meant to be a mystery. Rey is a nobody and her parents identity will have almost no bearing on the sequels.

The entire POINT of Rey is that she's a nobody with no biological inheritance to the Force but she succeeds because she's a good and noble person who believes in the spirit of the Force, in contrast to the spoiled and vain Kylo Ren who thinks he's hot shit because he's Vader's grandson but because of his own inferiority complex and lack of faith in himself he will never truly understand the force.

the problem is that a majority of the current star wars fanbase still uses videogame and prequel logic, even if they don't actually realize it.

>because of her handle of The Force, which I already explained is meant to be a mystery at this point. We're not meant to assume she got it from nowhere.
If it's not explained yet then it doesn't count. Not even Anakin or Luke was like this and Anakin was the chosen one.
>the movie makes a clear point that he's injured as Kylo keeps hitting it to get power off his adrenaline
You're contradicting yourself.
>Finn also gets a substantial hit at his arm so that's two injuries.
Right... so Ren was able to nearly beat Rey and have her on the edge of a cliff but eventually lost because of HIS ARM. Are you sure it wasn't because Rey got stronger because of THE FORCE?
>prove me wrong instead of beating your chest about it then, fucktard.
There's countless evidence that I'm right and the film is enough proof of that. Do your fucking research before you start hurling insults at people because of your ignorance.

>It's not meant to be a mystery. Rey is a nobody and her parents identity will have almost no bearing on the sequels.
you just made this up. We don't know that and we won't until 2017.

>If it's not explained yet then it doesn't count.
it's not logical to say something unexplained "doesn't count."

that's just you forcing logic on a plot arc that hasn't resolved itself fully yet.

>You're contradicting yourself.
No I didn't. he gets injured. twice. that's a fact.

>so Ren was able to nearly beat Rey and have her on the edge of a cliff but eventually lost because of HIS ARM
I'm saying being injured twice means he wasn't 100% in the first place. he was always at a disadvantage.

They didn't write in that "wow chewie you weapon is super strong!" line it for no reason.

It's weird how you can't even parse a film written for kids.

>There's countless evidence that I'm right
yet you didn't post any. funny.

>Do your fucking research
yes because disagreeing with the guy who wrote the OT & claiming you know more than the guy who directed it totally makes sense.

kill yourself.

Except there's an entire conversation in the movie that's explicitly about Maz telling Rey to move ahead rather than be latched on to the delusional hope that her parents will come back for her. i.e. find strength in herself and the new love she's found in Han and Finn.

Rey being powerful in the Force is clearly presented as her having an understanding that Kylo does not because she believes in herself and isn't chained to the past like Kylo is. For it to just be "dude she's a secret jedi lmao" or "she's luke's daughter lol" would be fucking stupid and inconsistent with what's presented in TFA.

valid interpretation for sure, but that doesn't change the fact that her backstory is still an open question and we have two films worth of story to tell.

guess you'll just have to screencap your post then gloat if your theory turns out to be true in 4 years time.

You know what that's a convincing point.

But it's assuming that the movie was making an actual point.

>tfw no movies about amazonian feminists with one arm, centaurs, golden blobs from other dimensions, and Lowbacca

the guy who fucked Shmi Skywalker then left was totally Snoke tho.

Yeah I'm sure the guy who wrote ESB was just tryna meme a little bit, the movie didn't mean anything lol

PAIN

That movie was made by the producers moreso than anything else, which is why I have doubts.

But we'll see, I'd actually be content with your theory.

>tfw no Rogue Squadron classic warbird movie

You'll never convince the retards and their headcanon that Kylo was barely hurt. As if a character in a movie has never powered through their pain and then tired as the fight goes on. They're determined to think he had no reason at all to have lost so they can keep crying about Rey. There's no arguing with them.

She's too young to have been a secret Jedi and canon timeline has all but wrecked the idea of her being a Skywalker.

I think either what happened to her parents was more important than who they were or she's of dark lineage. Either way her story is becoming who she is in spite of her lineage, not because of it. She's a contrast to Kylo in that way, who's in the position he is because he's chained to the Skywalker past and gets his self worth from it.

Ultimately, you can't blame people for taking a movie "the wrong way", either it was conveyed properly or it wasn't.

But that all doesn't matter, 'cause nobody on either side is going to be convinced by any arguments, you included.

It was conveyed as obviously as it possibly could be. They literally comment on Chewie's weapon multiple times for the express purpose of making the audience understand how injured Kylo is when he gets hit with it. Being able to battle through pain is a common trope. It just isn't that hard.

>missing the point of that post entirely

I'm saying you can blame people for taking a movie "the wrong way" when it was conveyed obviously and they're obviously wrong.

I just wanna kiss her little boobies.

>obviously
To you.
Dude if it was that obvious people wouldn't be argueing about it.

But it's not like people are disputing that Kylo was hurt anyways, guy was drawing from his anger by beating his chest and shit.

The real problem is that he's dominating the whole fight until Rey gets a bullshit win because The Force wills it.

In the end, the whole argument is about credibility. Maybe Rey is so awesome in the Force that she can learn all those power ultra-fast and defeat a trained (albeit poorly) dark jedi. But that broke my suspension of disbelief.

I mean in that situation, she shouldn't have won. A better way to cut it imho would have been that she fights a losing battle while being scared as fuck the whole time and convey that because Kylo is weakened and angry, he makes mistakes that she exploits.

Have the bitch be running away and parrying instead of the whole "oh wait, i can actually use the Force lolz" halfway through.

And the reason you like TFA is cause you're a faggot who likes factory-line garbage, what's your point?

>MUH PARSECS

Rey Mixer is one of Luke's students.

One of the few students that weren't killed. I'm sorry you didn't understand the painfully obvious flashback.

>Definitely not a failure on her part, Luke didn't "fail" to save Ben, both sacrificed themselves willingly.
dying for no reason isn't a sacrifice.

>Really the only thing that can count, which is what makes me thing this is fishy as fuck and that there's more to her character than they let us know.
The flashback sequence of her being in Luke's school, surviving the massacre and then getting marooned on desert planet was cryptic to you?

>I'm sorry you didn't understand the painfully obvious flashback.
What I got out of it is that she somehow remembers Obi-Wan Kenobi for some reason.

Nobody here knows what's going to happen.

Anyone who unironically thinks this needs to kill themselves immediately.

She is a textbook mary sue character, it couldn't be any more obvious.

TFA itself is shit. It's just the 4th movie rehashed with muh diversity and PC virtue signaling thrown in.

>the 4th movie
You lose.

She was never Luke's student. She was on Jakku long before the Jedi massacre happened.

This is starting to remind me of when the Legend of Korra first started airing, and people hated Korra because she was just immediately adept and never really learned anything.

Though people also defended her because "she can't be an exact copy of Aang", which I agree with, and of course the inverse of working hard to achieve a goal is to maybe make them naturally good at it, but somewhat precocious in their approach and ultimately have them face consequences for their brashness, natural talent or ego, which eventually culminates in the character developing. But unfortunately what they were really defending was the lackluster stand-in for the female audience and the misinterpretation of what made actual female characters from the previous series so well-liked.

I don't even dislike Rey, but I do think that she was executed somewhat poorly. There's definitely room to make her better, though, which is what a lot of ardent haters of her keep forgetting.

See this The idea of her being Luke's student and surviving the massacre is debunked by the canon timeline. The massacre only happened 6 years before TFA and Rey has been on Jakku for longer than 10 years based on how young she looks in the flashback.

To be fair, if she goes to the dark side in the second movie, I'm down.

You can't be serious.

I was surprised that Han, Leia or C3PO failed to recognize Rey. Girl Yoda certainly knew Rey's past.
>a Jedi abandons a Youngling aged girl the same year that Kylo massacres Luke's school
>its a coincidence

HOW ABOUT SINCE WE DON'T KNOW HER BACK STORY IN /THIS/ MOVIE SHE IS A MARY SUE. WITH NOTHING FROM THE MOVIES THAT MAY COME AFTER IT OR YOUR GAY ASS FANFICTIONS

When the next Star Wars movie comes out, remember I fucking told you.

Seriously, I've heard people use that as a reason why rey is no different than luke.