Would TFA have been better if it has directed George Lucas?

Would TFA have been better if it has directed George Lucas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably

He wrote an episode 7 treatment that they didn't use.
It revolved around young kids.

Fuck you all, George is a genius and i'd kill to see his episode 7.

Yes

It would've been less bland. Possibly worse, but certainly more worth the watch. Especially if we're just talking about him directing the same script that we got.

what?
assuming you mean "if he directed, would it be good", the answer is an obvious no to those who understand anything about film making.
He's a shit director hack who lucked into his best creations due to the teams surrounding him.
He's a shit writer; no one should have to look harder than the prequels and their plots/dialogues, though I do enjoy a lot of the over-arcing plots he designed.
He's a fantastic creative idea man.

But he's a shit director. He's horrible with actors and crew, and the mess of the prequel films, like em or not, prove this.

>But he's a shit director.
'no'
amazing visual storyteller

That has nothing to do with him.
The behind the scenes of any Star Wars film demonstrates he hardly constructed any of the imagery responsible for the placement in our hearts. He just kinda had ideas like "let's do a funeral scene, they'll cry here", then other artists you're neglecting came in, designed and animated everything on CGI.

Oh and that has very little to do with what a director's real role is.

So the answer is still no, he's a shit director, but nice try.

>He's a shit writer

People say the same of Joyce and Shakespeare, it really is the ultimate plebfilter.

Yes it wouldn't have been an SJW advertisement.

>That has nothing to do with him.
stopped reading there
learn what a director does

>Would TFA have been better if it has directed George Lucas?

not necessarily, TFA's script is completely inept. Completely.
At the very least it would have had a better art direction but you can't really make a better TFA while keeping it's script.
Better packaging sure, but with the same shit product inside.

youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

Even after two years, I still find it shocking how accurate this is.

Directed? Probably not.

If the story, characters, and worlds were all created and overseen by him? Absolutely. Star Wars was at its best (the OT, TCW) when Lucas was heavily involved, but not actually directing.

>It revolved around young kids.
>Fuck you all, George is a genius

lmao

There's no studio in the world, not even his own, that would have let him make another movie, he's fucking cancer

I hate to break this to you, my ANTIFA edgelord friend, but Star Wars is a franchise primarily made FOR KIDS despite the current management caring way too much about demonizing white men.

It could not be 'worse' than TFA since TFA is nor bad nor good, it's literally pure business void.

It would have been some shity wild ride anyway.

>He wrote an episode 7 treatment that they didn't use.
>It revolved around young kids.

No.

thats babby tier though

RIP society 1977-2013