Mayweather is finished

mayweather is finished

Other urls found in this thread:

themoneyteam.com/
youtu.be/l79SJwyiQQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not likely paddy, itll be a boxing match so your prize potato is fucked

mcnuggets is finished

Mcgregor is going to destroy his image/reputation with this fight. He doesn't even know how to box

>200+ reply thread on Sup Forums where plebs say Mayweather is a no-chin dancer
>people who are actually asking how he can win with countering punches

Such a mismatch. McGregor will be embarrassed from start to finish.

Gotta say that I'm happy to see Money May fight one last time though.

Conor doesn't stand a chance. I'm a big fan, but come on. If he survives 12 rounds and doesn't get utterly humiliated it'll be a win for him.

Are there people who claim to know boxing who unironically thinks McGregor has a decent chance?

Will this be a boxing match or an mma one?
I don't understand either box or mma, but him having a bit of trouble understanding how will a boxer react to a take down or leg hits.
On the other hand if it's a boxing match, McGregor does not stand a chance.

Anyway, if McGregor accepted doing a boxing match he's dumb as fuck tbqh.

I mean, he technically does. It's about as likely as winning the lottery, but he has a chance. I think the reason people talk about it is because they can't make a legitimate argument as to how he's going to win, so the only thing left to say is that "he can always knock him out".

Protip : Floyd wins via Judges decision

McGregor wont give a fuck because he will walk away with £50m

>if McGregor accepted doing a boxing match he's dumb as fuck tbqh.
He's knows he'll lose but he'll be laughing to the bank. Pretty smart move imo.

It's a boxing match. He's doing it because he will probably make at least 10 times more money than in his last UFC fight.

If it's for the money I can't really blame him.

Floyd is 40 years old he is fighting the biggest puncher he has ever fought against,

Conor inside 1-2 rounds, there are levels to this shit and Conor is the best.

The only good thing that will come out of this fight is the bitch slapping McGregor will get in the contract negotiations.

Floyd holds all the power, and will likely get around 70% of the purse. McGregor being fragile will try and demand 55% and lose his shit when he gets denied.

He always said he was in for the money

>c-conor just needs to land o-one punch
>c-Conor hits r-really hard

If you think McGregor lasts the distance you are deluded. Will it even be a twelve round fight?

exactly Floyd has no chance of making the distance not with that huge left hand Conor has.

>Anyway, if McGregor accepted doing a boxing match he's dumb as fuck tbqh.

He can either face Mayweather in boxing, walk home with nearly $100m and comfort himself with the knowledge that it's not even his main sport, or face Khabib in the UFC, get tapped out, make like a tenth of what he would against Floyd, and lose his status in his main sport

>the biggest puncher he has ever fought against
It's going to be the first and last time I enjoy watching Mayweather win. The tears on this board are going to be sweet

>he can always knock him out
That's basically legit the only argument I've ever heard as to why Conor can win.

I mean, logically, as a trained fighter, there always is that outside possibility McGregor hits a lucky punch and instantly ko's Mayweather.

But the chances of that are so stupidly slim.

I'm still betting on Conor though if the odds are decent enough, maybe we'll both get lucky.

Boxing: 90% chance of a Mayweather win (McGregor has a puncher's chance, and more knockout power than Mayweather)

MMA: 100% chance of a McGregor win. Absolutely no contest. Easy take down and literally whatever McGregor wants to happen next (mount and ground and pound, easy submission, mounted crucifix). It would just depend on how badly McGregor wants to punish Floyd at the time.

Knockout power would be more important for a boxer than being a skilled boxer who wins on points. James Toney had said knockout power, and got embarrassed by an aging Randy Couture.

10/10 nice bait
You mean 100% Floyd wins

Is this actually happening?

The boxing will likely happen: too much money and interest to just let it go away.

The MMA will certainly NOT happen: Mayweather wants to be the A side in any fight and he would only be tarnishing an unblemished record by getting into the cage with Mayweather.

Or any other UFC fighter for that matter. There is literally no UFC fighter Mayweather could beat. The sports are that different.

Demetrious Johnson or Henry Cejudo would obliterate Mayweather in probably less than a minute.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk or Karolina Kowalkiewicz would do the same. Less than a round, easy win.

who is even licensing this fight?

*The MMA will certainly NOT happen: Mayweather wants to be the A side in any fight and he would only be tarnishing an unblemished record by getting into the cage with McGregor.

As soon as Floyd sings the contract Mcgregor has already won.

Floyd is an old illiterate woman beating halfwit manlet and the amount of L's he'll be taking in the press conferences alone, the real attractions of this freak show, will render the outcome of the actual contest almost pointless.
No one. Literally NO ONE watches boxing anymore so the people who buy the ppv will be at least 85% mma/casual fans who don't give two fucks about le subtle science of the art of boxing. The fight itself will go down the same way any Mayweather fight goes. Floyd pillow tap Conor for 12 rounds. Conor will try to land early, fail and proceed to taunt Floyd, no-selling his punches creating a narrative in the casual fans mind that he was never in real danger and Floyd just wasn't willing to engage. And in the end the majority of the audience, me included, will ridicule and shitpost, Floyd for running.

While Floyd gets another huge payday, Mcgregor emerges as the net winner as the mma guy who the number one boxer in the world couldn't take out. Sport of boxing continues to decline in popularity. MMA rises to new heights.

McGregor is definitely not the biggest puncher Mayweather has fought against.

First of all, a fighter's knockout power is greatly amplified in the UFC, simply due to the fact that they use smaller gloves with less padding. It's easier to knock someone out in the UFC than in boxing.

I would argue that Jose' Luis Castillo (66 wins, 57 by knockout, 86%) or Shane Mosley (49 wins, 41 by knockout, 84%) probably have more knockout power than McGregor, and are probably the hardest punchers Mayweather ever faced, although McGregor's timing is truly elite and gives him a definite edge in his knockout ability.

>Floyd is 40 years old he is fighting the biggest puncher he has ever fought against,

There's a big difference between 4oz mma gloves and 8 oz boxing gloves. A very big one.

You're probably right.

Wow. He's right.

>although McGregor's timing is truly elite

against shit ufc fighters, boxers dont leave themselves so easily exposed

Conor can't do that for 12 rounds. Halfway though he'll get frustrated, gas badly, start turning his back, get trapped in a corner, and eat pitter pat punches until the ref steps in.

This is correct. Everyone wins, really.

This. Anyone who thinks Mayweather will knockout McGregor is wrong.

Mayweather is not a knock-out artist, his hands are brittle as fuck at this point and most of his career he won by decision, he's just a boring point boxer.

This fight is going to be a snoozefest, Mayweather is not an exciting boxer, I don't know why people keep buying into his hype besides seeing him lose, which will never happen because Mayweather will always make things favor him or he's not fighting.

>a lucky punch

nigga pls. I think Mayweather is a massive piece of shit but have some respect for his ability. Cotto, Mosley, Paquiao, De La Hoya, Gatti.. none of them could hurt Mayweather. McGregor is doing well if he even lands a jab.

>lucky punch
>lucky

>McGregor is doing well if he even lands a jab.
watch conor fights, he is the most precise puncher on the planet right now, maywether has next to no chance

Well damn, I hate both ends but this is a fight where I seriously want that Irish Midget to win and destroy that pussy ass smug nigger who humiliated Manny by exploiting the retarded rules of boxing by just running away and jabbing points.

Does McGregor even know how to box?

fighting mma bums.

Like saying some ching chong badminton player could take a set off Federer

This isn't poker mate. And Mayweather isn't some boxing novice like Aldo.

Reminder that if you are hyped for this fight you should just kill yourself

>It's going to be the first and last time I enjoy watching Mayweather win.

Pleb detected. Mayweather was the good guy in every fight.

Let me explain it on you AGAIN, dipshits. Here's how it is going to go down:

Mayweather's camp is going to insist Conor have a big fight first, to raise his profile.
Against GSP.
Conor will lose, as Mayweather's camp knows.
Mayweather then says, "Am I going to fight who? Conrad who? Never heard of him. You know I don't fight scrubs, come on."

yfw you finally realize there was NEVER going to be a fight and that this whole thing was 4-D chess player Floyd Mayweather raising the Money Team brand.

themoneyteam.com/

There's one aspect of MMA that Mayweather is better at than McGregor, but no aspects of boxing that McGregor is better at than Mayweather

It would have been fairer to have a compromise, like McGregor being allowed head kicks and elbows

But it had to be boxing because Mayweather is the A-side and therefore dictates terms

McGregor is basically ducking the whole sport of MMA right now. What a little Irish faggot. No one cares about this circus shit

>McGregor wont give a fuck because he will walk away with £50m
>£50m
Well, there'll be no fight, but if there were Conor wouldn't get close to that.
Maybe a tenth of that, at most, despite what the hype is.

Also don't forget how it works:

PURSE
-10% publicist
-15% agent
-10%-15% manager
- ~$3-400,000 camp (for Conor's level, much less for non-elites), pre-fight medicals, fees, transportation for Conor and corner/camp personnel
TAX:
-$130,578.50 then subtract 39.6% of the amount over $466,950

But the point is moot because this is what's really going on

>McGregor is basically ducking the whole sport of MMA right now. What a little Irish faggot. No one cares about this circus shit
Literally what he has done since he won a belt.
GSP, JJ, Silva - these guys have defended ~10x each. What has McGoobs done? He's been entertaining, that's all.
In terms of legacy, he's got nothing. Tim Sylvia was a better Champion than McGregor, think about that.

>this desperate butthurt britcuck

I bet you were tearing your hair out as Conor was climbing the ranks.

how salty can you be over one man's success

Yeah but why wouldn't Floyd just take the fight? He would wash Connor in a boxing match in his sleep. It would be the easiest major paycheck he's ever received.

>Conor will try to land early, fail and proceed to taunt Floyd, no-selling his punches creating a narrative in the casual fans mind that he was never in real danger and Floyd just wasn't willing to engage.
McGregor isn't Pacquiao, or even a low level professional boxer. I think that many people in this thread are not fully grasping the difference in boxing skill here. Even though Floyd is a "light" puncher (and he really isn't, all of his opponents have confirmed this) he is still going to fuck Connor up over 12 rounds once he gets his timing locked in. If you want a sense of what this fight will look like, watch Mayweather vs Corrales, and then re imagine the fight happening with a guy who has maybe 6 months of focused boxing training
youtu.be/l79SJwyiQQw

They should do a boxing fight with mma-gloves to make it even, now it's just a joke instead.

>watch conor fights, he is the most precise puncher on the planet right now
LMFAO

I'm happy for him, and he entertains me, that's all I need.
But the banter here, making him out to be the GOAT. It just needs a dose f reality.
He'd entertain me a lot more if he'd re-match Aldo -- AS HE SAID HE WOULD.

>the fight will go exactly like here when Floyd was a young man before his brittle hands started failing him and he had to totally reinvent his style
but I guess you're the expert here

He makes great money keeping TMT high level like this by doing literally nothing.
Plus, I doubt he wants to sully his legacy with a novelty fight at the end of his career.
And getting in fight shape is a bitch, why bother? He's got nothing to prove - whereas if Conor doesn't get this fight he might actually have to defend. Novelty fights have ept Conor away from real competition for a long time.

inb4 Alvarez, he's the sloppiest fighter around. Had no business being in there with Conor.

>but I guess you're the expert here
Literally every boxing expert who has been asked publicly believes that McGregor is fucked

Fucked in what way?
Pekka never said that Conor would win.

Everyone outside of complete tards know Conor gets fucked up. We're just playing with the idea of HOW fucked up he gets and I just see an older Floyd getting his reads and tap, doge and tie up his way to an easy victory.

Who /moneyteam/ here

Floyd defensive style naturally stems from the fact that he's fought nothing but other A+ boxers who pose a legitimate threat, even if Floyd is the better fighter. Connor, in contrast, is a completely inexperienced boxer who is going have ZERO ability to attack after the first few rounds or so. At a certain point, the fight is going to be so absurdly lopsided that Floyd will become more aggressive than usual just to close it out or Connor's corner will end up having to throw in the towel (like Corrales) just to avoid further embarrassment. I would be stunned if this ended up going the distance. Connor isn't Berto/Alvarez/Cotto/Pacquiao etc. He isn't going to be able to hang with Floyd in the late rounds like they could.