THE SOUNDTRACK IS SO AWFUL. WHY WHY WHY SHIT ON EVERYTHING??!

I couldn't even finish the new trailer.
She didn't even TRY to be motoko, she just acted like scarlet plus Politically Correct super powers.
>she didn't understand the anime
>she did not grasp her own character at all
>she did not appreciate the art
she has a lesbian make out scene with her african american girlfriend in the trailer.
This is not the Major, This is Not ghost in the Shell.
>take the name off of it completely. don't call it something it is not.
Just rename this 'Scarlet empowers femenist coal burners to go full trans' and be done with it.
This trailer gave me physical nausea, Japan needed to make this movie, not fat jews.
youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8
youtube.com/watch?v=ARTLckN9e7I
youtube.com/watch?v=ONQ3Zgy195Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump this thread to curse them for this abomination.

>bump the thread to WILL cancer upon them all.

> BUMP

I STOPPED WATCHING RIGHT WHEN SHE STARTED MAKING OUT WITH BLACK WOMEN to depeche mode for god's sake. I am foaming at the mouth with anger at POLICITAL ANTI WHITE ANTI MALE agenda being pushed harder than a heavy hormone regiment on a 9 year old boygirl belonging to a SJW parent screaming that he was born that way.

I WARN YOU NOT TO SEE THIS IF YOU LIKED THE SERIES.
>THIS IS JUST 128 MINS OF SJW POLITICAL BRAINWASHING THAT WARPS AND DESTROYS THE FUTURE GitS WAS PAINTING AS A POSSIBILITY.

FUCK. I HATE YOU ALL FOR NOT BITING THEM TO DEATH AND EACH SWALLOWING A MOUTHFUL TO TURN INTO LITERAL SHIT.

BUMP BEFORE I ABANDON THREAD AND GO START A FIRE.

are threads NOT about westworld just pruned now?
>change the name from Sup Forums to GoT/WW circlejerk

fucking jewish janitors.

Japan sucks at making anime to film adpations, but yeah this sucks too.

>Major is canon bisexual
>working with that, of all the lesbian scenes they could have had her in, she bangs the one black dyke in Japan

That, and being very obviously shot in New Zealand, not Japan, are unforgivable sins.

But at least it won't be as bad as Resident Evil. R-right?

Unfortunately, it wont be as bad as Resident Evil, because that's the only thing that franchise has going for it: So bad it's good schlock.
GitS is going to be Total Recall/Robocop remakes tier, mediocre and forgettable.

>But at least it won't be as bad as Resident Evil. R-right?

wrrong, so wrong.

You poor, sweet, innocent child.

Movie looks great
Go shoot up a theater if ur mad bro

Reminder it's being directed by the hack who did Snow White and the Huntsman. It's gonna be a disaster.

>Actually getting upset about music on the trailer.

Clint Motherfucking Mansell is doing the soundtrack for this you hair-trigger neckbeard fuck.

Pick a fight with the uninspired CGI or half-baked cinematography, but the soundtrack of this is going to be awesome.

Nice autism.

This has been said before but seriously, why the fuck is Ron Pearlman not in this role?

Too old.

They needed someone in the 40s range to do do Batou right. I would have taken Daniel fucking Craig over that guy, though

>Clit Motherfucking Mansell
>Clit

kek

Dude is like 65, which is about 30 years too old to be Batou

>MUH ANIME

how annoying

it actually looks pretty good wtf

>that shitty wig

no passion, no talent

Actually, it looks good.

It would look 5x better if people with actual talent were making it.

As a fan of the original manga/anime, I think it'll be good for GitS to get some mainstream recognition. Beat Takeshi as Aramaki is awesome and gives me some hope, and I actually think the jew is well cast. Batou looks like shit though, and more than anything else I hate that they tacked on a fucking shitty/typical Hollywood "they're using you" plot, but I hope the trailer was misleading.

I'm pretty sure I'll watch it anyway, I'll just need to get high beforehand. I honestly wish they could use the Kenji Kawai OST from the original, that shit is hypnotic.

>$0.50 have been deposited to your acount

vin diesel would be good batou, rooney maara a good motoko. perfectly they should have cast totally new actors so that there is more emphasis on the story.

I say what I really think for free, friend.

Ghost in the Shell: It Influenced the Matrix, so let's just go with that

>vin diesel would be good batou, rooney maara a good motoko
>they should have cast totally new actors so that there is more emphasis on the story

>Directed by the same guy who did Snow White and the Huntsman
>Written by the idiots who wrote Street Kings and Straight Outta Compton
>Composed by a guy whose credits include the 2005 Doom movie
What were you expecting, OP?

Who is this guy? Were his other films good? Did his writing team give his films any depth?
Does his films have a certain "look"?

The source material is supposed to service the movie, not the other way around.

YOU fuckers keep doing this shit with movie trailers and bashing them before they even come out they are going to blow 1/2 the fucking budget on the hype trailer and blow the the rest on the movie.

From what I've seen so far, all the shots borrow way too much from the original movie. Also, I like Scarlet, but I don't quite see her pulling off the intimidating intelligence of the Major.

I don't know what the fuck you're going on about though. Oh wait, you're trying. to be an edgy anonymous racist on the interned, nevermind.

I'm not sure any woman can look intimidating.

They should have built a real cyborg desu.

Sometimes I like to imagine an interesting director was attached to this project and had free reign to make this something more than a cash-in grab.

I think Refn could have made something visually stunning to match Oshii's

I would watch Refn's Ghost in the Shell. It would probably divide critics and flop at the box office but it would be interesting.

I have hope
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo

what about George Miller?
I thought Mad Max had lot of passion and love for film craft in it

I din't say anything about looks....

she doesnt even have that wide-eyed, blank stare Major always had

It's based off SAC Major, not movie autism Major

Well they certainly got the cyberpunk aesthetic down amazingly, but everything else looks pretty awful. SJ just really can't act all that well. Highly overrated.

I just hope this the environmental effects showcased here will be utilized in future cyberpunk movies with greater production in all other areas.

Meiko Kaji looks pretty intimidating in Lady Snowblood.

Is mullet guy going to be in this too? And they should've used that song from the third movie, which is fucking killer unlike the gay Erasure shit.

I feel ya. I loved Aeon Flux the series but they made it another Underworld/Res Evil episode instead. Been dead inside ever since.

Togusa is in it but he's a 45~ year old Chinese guy rather than relatively young and upcoming Japanese cop like he was in the anime.

Fuck what's with the manlet voice.

>the Sup Forums white supremecist is also a huge weeb who watches animu

LIKE RAAAAAAY-AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

He's a 65 year old man and Batou is a 30 something, huge dude
The dude they got isn't perfect but you really can't fault them for not casting Ron Perlman

Ehh he's gotta point with Vin, I could see it. But Rooney Mara? No, keep that autismo bitch away from anything I wanna see. Looks like a robot or not, she's redditard in the flesh.

>Japan needed to make this movie
I think Japan only makes live action movies like this if it's based on a well-known series like Gatchaman, Yamato, Attack on Titan or Godzilla. GitS isn't well-known enough.

whats your big problem autismo?

I think the mountain of shitty, low budget live-action anime adaptations would prove otherwise
This at least has a chance to be good, if this were being made by a no-name Japanese studio no one on this board would care because most people would write it off

Damn that sux. The trinity of Major, Batou and Mullet is what made me like GitS in the first place. This is just a ScarJo star vehicle movie.

Yeah, GITS with the production values of a sci-fi original and worse acting would have been great

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST SHIT IN THE WORLD AND SKYROCKET THE FILM TO TRUE KINO.
WE FINALLY HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO DO THIS. THE PERFECT MAJOR FOR THE LIVE ACTION VERSION SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT, NOT CAST.
>CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HYPE

THE MOVIE WOULD SHAME BLADE RUNNER, IT WOULD BE SHOWN IN EVERY HOME AND SCHOOL FOR GENERATIONS. IT WOULD BE THE BEST FILM EVER MADE.
>IF THEY PUT THE MONEY AND EFFORT INTO IT, THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE STORY TO TELL. THEY WENT CHEAP, THEY WENT FAST, THEY WENT EASY. INSTEAD OF AN EPIC WE GET A BLASPHEMY, AN ABOMINATION.
A CINEMATOGRAPHIC ABORTION.

THE CRIME HERE WAS THE POTENTIAL THAT THE FILM HAD

>AND WHAT THEY MADE INSTEAD

it's going to be good in my opinion

LITERALLY ANYONE

COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LESBIAN KISS

DOESN'T ACTUALLY KNOW GHOST IN THE SHELL.

Same goes for Motoko emoting. This might be the first adaptation from it to actually have her character be in line with the actual fucking character.

Shame about the CGI body and the shit lighting in composite scenes shown in daylight so far. Seriously why the fuck can they not get directional lighting to look right? I mean, when she's in the water they have the lighting on her in the opposite direction of the lighting in the fucking background for God's sake.

Shame the story is Robocop without any of the commentary. I think the movie looks lime it will be bad. But complaining about her kissing a girl is a joke.

Also I lpve Clint Mansell, I'm willing to wait to judge the score.

Can I complain about the girl she's kissing being painfully ugly?

Eh. I don't see why not.

youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8

Yeah but he got to fuck Kristen Stewart because of it so he's clearly doing something right.

If the soundtrack isn't a bunch of rainy-core dubstep from 2007 Im going to be fucking pissed to be honest

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say.
I am complaining about the lesbian kiss because it's so bland compared to the orgy scene it's supposed to emulate

Oh come on user, only the manga has that scene. In SAC its just implied and there's nothing on the original.
Also complaining about the girl being black is stupid, if you knew about Shirow, you would already know that Motoko has been canonically blacked.

yep, this film will we enjoyable.

Exist a live-action of Godzilla?!

What a time to be alive.

I can't believe they cast a human to play the role of a robot

what the fuck america?!

That's not what it's meant to emulate, stupid.

PG-13 nigga.

>Japs like Scarjo
>Oshii says it'll be the most gorgeous GITS film yet
>Sup Forums weebs and sjw are the ones mainly bitching in the end
Is it POTTERY?

anti anime = anti Sup Forums

redditor

Looks like horseshoe theory to me

>using a new version of the original music

okay i'm back on board

wonder if they'll do a version of this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=ARTLckN9e7I

There's a scene of the Major walking through town alone in the trailer, that's probably it's equivalent.

>not an argument
why bother responding at all?
that actually makes sense. I've read a few articles that cited the rating system as a means for censoring movies. specifically in relation to dvd sales at walmart. censoring violence, sex and cursing to gain a greater available market.
neither the post i responded to, or myself, mentioned anything about race. the scene just looks boring. if it's an issue of human connections, romantic or otherwise, I'm sure they could've thought of a better way to express it.

to me it looks like, "hurr I'm so inhuman at this point, I don't even know how to kiss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Well yeah Godzilla isn't a manga or anime, but it's popular enough that the budgets can be justified.

I've heard that music was only for a screening event in Japan. It will probably not be in the movie.

>not an argument

Guess reading comprehension isn't your strength either.

not an argument

Depeche Mode is great, and Enjoy the Silence is in my top 20 favorite songs. But I hate shitty electronic remixes like the one in the trailer. Fucking modern music is shit and so are remixes.

Since you need things explained to you like a small child: a scene of the Major kissing a hooker, whose context is about questioning what she is and if she really feel like a human, is not in any way related to or meant to emulate a poorly drawn, completely retarded two page smut scene from the original manga that is so irrelevant even in it's own context that it's often omitted from prints of the thing.

One would think that is obvious, especially since the movie is primarily based on Standalone Complex, while drawing on imagery and iconic scenes from Oshii's movies

the most relevant thing he's done is cuck the zombie from twilight by banging kristen stewart

youtube.com/watch?v=ONQ3Zgy195Y

> the music from the trailers are the official music

kek

they feature the original soundtrack

the intro to the movie with live orchestra was shown at tokyo, there are videos of this all over

Is it just me or does the guy talking in the end if the trailer sound a lot like Christoph Waltz? Hes not in this is right?

I really enjoy seeing proof that the Sup Forums virgin neo-Nazi shill is a rabid weeaboo. I've always suspected that subhumans from Sup Forums make basically every shitty post on this site, but it's not always proven as straight-forwardly as here. Hilarious.

>I've heard that music was only for a screening event in Japan.
It was, it was done live with this scene in the background.

STFU, nobody cares about you or you being all that touchy feely about muh music and muh motoko.
For fucks sake, so much spergs that need to be put down.

>it's a "robot ponders what it means to be human" episode

>a scene of the Major kissing a hooker, whose context is about questioning what she is and if she really feel like a human

Which is retarded because her sexuality has been thoroughly addressed in pretty much every incarnation of GITS and it basically boils down to "Motoko fucks girls because it gets her off and there's no baggage" in every single incarnation. Literally the only time she displays a romantic interest in anyone is with Kuze in 2nd GIG.

>But I hate shitty electronic remixes like the one in the trailer.
remind me of Call of Duty Infinity War trailer ziggy stardust´s major tom remix

>Kuze in the movie according to imdb
so this really is a mish-mash of all GITS continuities

>rooney maara
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN KATE BECKINSALE REEEEEEE