You think that's baaaaaaad, remember the time when David Bowie sold out by making Let's Dance?

You think that's baaaaaaad, remember the time when David Bowie sold out by making Let's Dance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-9pL6k3CI
youtube.com/watch?v=EeFT_WVGmwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TajCh41y17I
youtube.com/watch?v=-HZoZmvSgYM&t=200s
youtube.com/watch?v=DSx-8rfrxpA
youtube.com/watch?v=hbSsTbojHPk
youtube.com/watch?v=dunP8rsep6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, it can't be worst than the time Marvin Gaye and I went to visit his dad.

And in the death,
As the last few corpses lay rotting on the slimy
Thoroughfare,
The shutters lifted in inches in Sup Forums Building,
High on chris chan's Hill.
And red, mutant, eyes gaze down on MU City.
No more big guys.
Plebes the size of rats sucked on Patricians the size of cats,
And ten thousand plebeploids split into small tribes,
Coveting the highest of the sterile soundcloud rap,
Like packs of dogs shitposting on an image board of Sup Forums Avenue.
Ripping and rewrapping 80's muzak and japanese city pop, now vaporwave.
Family badge of sapphire and cracked emerald.
Any day now,
The year of the Diamond plebes.
"This ain't Rock'n'Roll,
This is Genocide."

holy crap lois, this is like the time stewie sold xanax to lil peep

so 90s.

what Bowie should I listen to now that I've heard Blackstar? i heard some of his shit in gas stations before, but that was kinda cheesy

Such a fucking legendary pasta

Depends on what route you want to take, if you want to hear glam rock, start at Ziggy Stadust, then listen to his early 70s output like Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs.

If you want to hear funk/soul listen to Station to Station and Young Americans

If You want to hear experimental rock/art rock, then listen to Low, Heroes, Lodger, and Scary Monsters. I recommend this option as I see it as his best work

There are hard rock options to like Space Oddity, and The Man Who Sold The World too by the way if that's your thing

bowie was legit alive for pretty much every major era of rock and other music.
You can have soul bowie with young americans, glam bowie with ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars, 90's electronic bowie with earthling, 80's top 40 sell out bowie with lets dance, experimental bowie with low, bowie travels the world with lodger

Here is proto vapor wave bowie

youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-9pL6k3CI

You think that's baaaaaaad, remember the time when I dogsat for Trent Reznor?

kek

What was his best look?
What was his worst look?

Listen to his albums chronologically you god damn spaghetti.

1970, 1974, and 1984 are my personal favourites

>best
>worst

I'd go on a date with 1976 Bowie

I'd be driven to a junior soccer game by 1987 Bowie

Best: 1975-76, 78-79, 2016

Worst: 1969-71, 83, 97

>Worst
>1969-71

Geez Lois, this is worse than the time we hire Ian Watkins to babysit Stewie

Family Guy sucks.
Let's Dance is good.

you'll like this
youtube.com/watch?v=EeFT_WVGmwQ

What are you talking about. He literally looks like an older version of Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil. What's not to like?

>Best
>Worst

don't listen to him, '03-4 Bowie was cool
youtube.com/watch?v=TajCh41y17I

youtube.com/watch?v=-HZoZmvSgYM&t=200s

I like 1993-1997 for some reason, he reminds me of someone's artist uncle

No it aint

thanks lad

bangers from start to finish. the only reason you say you don't like it is because it doesn't help your hipster image or do anything for your street cred. If you really think he """sold out""" after releasing his FIFTEENTH studio album, then you are just as dumb as OP. Seriously, how are you going to say Let's Dance of all albums is the point at which he sold out when fucking Tonight and Never Let Me Down came after?

>bangers from start to finish
I mean Modern Love is good I guess, but you can't tell me with a straight face that Let's Dance is a good record or Bowie went in a positive direction whatsoever.

> your hipster image or do anything for your street cred
Even as bait that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Hey I'm glad he sold out, he deserved a ton of money after making 5 classic albums in a row and solidifying his genius in rock history. But the album is total garbage and I don't care what you say or think, because I'm right.

>Let's Dance of all albums is the point at which he sold out when fucking Tonight and Never Let Me Down came after?

Because the album was designed to sell and was a vehicle for the singles. He teamed up with Nile Rodgers for god sake. Hey, I'm glad it succeeded. But it was the beginning of what permanently tainted his artistic integrity, even he admitted it too.

Louis, this is worse than that time Brandon listened to CHVRCHES

dont bring Bowie's comments into this. He's disowned Tonight and NLMD, but not Let's Dance. It was a good pop album and nothing else. Bowie sold out a lot of times for a lot of different people. It was Aladdin Sane for some, Young Americans for others and even Station to Station

>Best: 1970, 1973, 1978, 2002, 2014, 2016
>Worst: 1987, 1999, 1969

>thanks lad
no problem, I like to watch the Serious Moonlight clips, there's something quite Little Richard-esque about it.

>I don't care what you say or think, because I'm right.
I bet you think StS was his best album, have you forgotten the fact that every song from this one was released as a single. StS was an instant hit for him, and so was Young Americans. People like you dont want to discuss Bowie's albums or anything about him for that matter. Fuck off.

Sound and Vision Tour was also, for a lot of people a sell out tour.
youtube.com/watch?v=DSx-8rfrxpA

What are your guy's favorite Bowie records?
My favorite ones, without any intended order.
>The Man Who Sold The World
>Diamond Dogs
>Ziggy
>Young Americans
>Low
>Scary Monsters
>Outside
>Earthling
>Blackstar

I still need to give Station to Station and Heroes more play time, I bet I will love them soon enough.

Best songwriting:
>Hunky Dory
>Aladdin Sane
>Lodger
>Scary Monsters

Best vocal performance
>Baal EP
>Young Americans
>Let's Dance
>Blackstar

Best concept albums/albums with great transitions
>The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Marks
>1. Outside
>Heathen/Reality

Best 'experimental' albums
>The Berlin Trilogy
>Black Tie White Noise
>The Buddha Of Suburbia

Best compilations
>Nothing Has Changed
>RarestOneBowie

'Hours...' is a great collection of songs, but the live performances are better than the album versions. Would have loved a re recorded version of this one. PinUps however, is a terrible album.

The Next Day and Blackstar are my favourite Bowie albums.

>1. Outside
>Earthling
I love you

>not loving station to station on the first listen

pleb detected

I loved the title track, but I feel likeI still didn't give every of his tracks proper love and listen, most records that are not on the list were the ones I didn't have much time with yet.

>23 posters
I have a question...why didn't all of you Bowie fans come to discuss the most beloved albums? I think people had some interesting points.

That was an interesting read, unfortunately I did not get to see the thread, sometimes it's hard to find such threads when they die so quickly.

When it comes to Low, I think that the first half, the art-pop, is not that interesting, maybe they need to grow on me, but the B-side is a fucking masterpiece, it is mostly instrumentals but they are some of the most and took my breath away.

>People like you dont want to discuss Bowie's albums or anything about him for that matter. Fuck off.

Nice bait, if this was real I feel sorry for you. I don't care that a song was popular, but Let's Dance panders to the mainstream. And it's meant that way, sorry but that's a fact. What's up with your autistic revolt to Station to Station by the way? You've been in these threads for weeks shitting on the album. Fuck me you are depressing.

75-76 were his most aesthetic years. the cocaine was good for his looks.

>but the B-side is a fucking masterpiece, it is mostly instrumentals but they are some of the most and took my breath away.
I agree.

I guess it's just a Sup Forums mentality, threads like these get a lot of replies, but albums are never actually debated or discussed. Plus everyone ends up with the same argument
>if you disagree with me you are an idiot.
It's a shame, because most people dont discuss about artists and albums that they hate.

Anyway, what do you think of this cover?
youtube.com/watch?v=hbSsTbojHPk
youtube.com/watch?v=dunP8rsep6o

Let's Dance is a fantastic pop album

How did his hair grow that much between 97 and 99?

>autistic revolt to Station to Station
trust me, I'll never discuss albums that I don't actually like. I like StS, and that's why I like to talk about it's faults. Stop acting like a snob. Go away and rate some albums on rym.

>Fuck me you are depressing.
>I don't care what you say or think, because I'm right.
alright. I changed my opinion. Thanks!

ok but which ones would you Fuck / Marry / Kill
>Fuck: 1970
>Marry: 1999, notice me anime dad
>Kill: 1983, I hate the hair

Fuck: 93
Marry: 95/78
Kill: 87