Bi-weekly reminder that this actually unironically happened in a game for reals

bi-weekly reminder that this actually unironically happened in a game for reals

this is now a weh bem thread.

Why wasn't Lockette more aggressive on that play? Looks like he was in practice mode! Glad he got injured in 2015

pats arent good, their opponents are just so fucking stupid

not a expert of gridiron, is that a touchdown or did he fuck it up by showboating?

Its a touchdown. The ball crosses the line and he's clear of the pylon (orange thing in the corner).

Its a touchdown, as long as its over the line. If that weren't a touchdown then defenders could aim to shove receivers out of the zone in mid-air to avoid a touchdown

it would be a touchdown but as you can see he lands out of bounds before getting a foot in the endzone. so according to the rules its a touchback. where the other team gets the ball at the 43 yard line able to punt it in for a onside play

its actually a touchdown

alright thanks
i thought it was necessary to put the ball or your foot down on the turf in the end zone to score

>implying their strength is that they rarely shoot themselves in the foot

>have the best runner in the league
>ball one yard from championship
>throw it instead.

thats rugby this is our version of rugby we call football

Is it the worst coaching decision in sports history? What else comes close?

You'll never understand the pain of that happening

I can't think of one. The decisions that led to the falcons collapse might add up to making it close, but as a standalone call, that one takes the cake.

>2nd down. 1 timeout left
>Can't possibly "run" 3 plays in a row
>Genius pokemon from his coach says he knows better (after the fact)
>Ignores stops Pats made on Beast Mode that game in short yardage situations
>Ignores Beast Modes stats in short yardage situations that season (step up - most just lie and say he was the best in those situations - he wasn't)

It was bad pass play to call, but calling a pass was the right move. They could not have run 3 plays in a row. They had to pass at least once or forfeit one of their downs to the clock.

Your narcissism is showing.

I remember watching this on redzone. The dead redzone thread got an impressive 5 or 6 posts from this play

Nah cunt

Even if MJ is shooting 0-20 you give him the last shot to win the game.

You give Beastmode the ball at the fucking 1yrd line.

>Even if MJ is shooting 0-20 you give him the last shot to win the game.

Great. It wasn't the last shot. It was 2nd down.

It was bad pass play to call.

Right Call: Play Act - Roll Out (expecting heavy contain so no surprise when Ninko is right there waiting) - If playact freed someone up, toss for simple TD - If not throw it away.

The play they called, even Russell didn't really do anything wrong. You don't have time to evaluate coverage, you just snap and throw.

But again your own answer gave its own retort. Wasn't the last play. It was 2nd down.

But I'm sure you'd go far in the NFL coaching ranks disrespecting Vince Wilfork, Donte Hightower, and Bill Belichick's ability to stop a HB dive. Jackass.

Best moment in the NFL. Period.

Great play! It's rare to see such a flawless execution of the script!

That's like saying MJ doesn't get the last shot because you decided to inbound it to Rodman at the 3pt line and it resulted in a turnover.

It was a bad playcall should have just run it.

Also the pats lined up expecting a run all the way. only 4 dbs on the field, linebackers sitting flat behind the lineman

I'm speaking for all Seahawks fans not just me it wasn't meant to be narcissistic.

they will be back at some point

>Be Darrell Bevell
>call a decent game in the SB
>exploit Chris Matthews match-up
>have a thirty second TD drive
>give team 10 point lead
>get shut down in fourth
>go full retard on final drive, bailed out by a miracle catch
>can win the Super Bowl
>Have Russell Wilson, the best mobile QB in the league
>Have Marshawn Lynch, the best half-back in the league that year
>Have the sure-handed Doug Baldwin
>Patriots are one of the worst teams against the power run
>call a run
>goes for five yards
>ignore all the strengths of your team
>call a quick slant over the middle to a fourth string wide receiver that requires Jermaine Kearse to block Brandon Browner

this playcall was so cancerous it still affects the team. In the NFC Championship game against the Paclers down the stretch, he made some amazing calls. But in that last minute in the SB, he just lost it. He should have been fired. So long as he is there, the Seahawks will always have some internal strife.

thans amerifriend, I had almost forgotten

Your reminder that two years later, this actually happened in a game for real.

If they get stuffed they're fucked and in an obvious passing situation the next play, you're literally retarded and arguing with the football acumen of a normie who says Lynch was a surefire dunk despite being one of the worst goalline runners in the league

>to this day Seacucks try to defend it as the right call to make

lmao @ ur life

If everyone is stupid then not being stupid means you're good.

If you catch it in the air already inside the endzone then you have to fall with both feet inside the endzone. Receiving the ball outside the endzone means you just need to get the ball past the goal plane.

Tom Brady can win 5 more Super Bowls but it'll never erase the fact of 18-1 and the fact he lodt the rematch

Reminder

>Lynch would have gotten stuffed if they tried to run anyways

Come on man, listen to your self.

No it wont. No one will care though. but you are right.

kek, this,. Needed one yard. Lynch had 0 (zero) runs for yards lost all game, only 1 that was zero yards. Hell, on that play he had it, just needed the fukkin ball

>no one will care though
18-1 is still the biggest choke in sports history

see, look at you. it's certainly isn't, not even American sports. Just NFL. Anyways, keep holding on to it. If they win 5 more, 10-2 will means hell of a lot more than one of the 2.

>HOLD MUH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCK

>PreggoMilky.com
All of my NOPEs.

As a Seahawks fan this hurts, but at least we had finally got to see them win the year before desu

No it is. At the big Mayweather Pacquiao fight, they interviewed Brady fresh off another SB ring. First thing they asked him was about 18-1.

I mean, Wilson is the best mobile QB in the game. Much have been said about Lynch and how he should have gotten the ball, but I think Wilson should have run himself. Guaranteed TD.

lolno, the Superbowl where Pats came back from 30 point defficiency was a worse choke

As a Gnats fan I'll say that 18-1 might be my favorite sports moment of all time. I respect Tom Brady's talent, I just hate the fuck out of him.

>your special power is that all your opponents turn into fucking morons
in football that's a pretty good skill

Brady was hurt. I never mention this when you reddit trolls go off on your never-ending gayness. But he hurt his leg against the Chargers in the AFCC and was walking around on a cast leading up to the SB.

He just wasn't the same in the pocket. He has that ability to take a step and buy a second and he just couldn't move in that game.

Not an excuse. Just a fact. Giants played a great game and deserved to be champs. But your butthurt makes my dick throb.

No. It's nothing like that. You said "last shot" but it was 2nd down and time enough to run 3 more plays easy (as long as they weren't all runs).

An apt comparison would be to say Michael Jordan should have taken every shot the Chicago Bulls attempted when he was on the floor during his entire career.

And now that I look at it this way I realize you are a super genius beyond a mortal's ability to ken.

Guys what happened at SB 51? The falcons were up 28-3 so I turned it off and assumed they won.

The greatest chokejob in NA sports in over a decade (and possibly all time, depending on who you ask) + some luck.

Im glad someone found it as disturbing as me

The Falcons not kicking a field goal to win the game, getting sacked twice and losing in the process is even dumber than that Carroll failed attempt to meme his QB as MVP

>still obsessed with this play
As a Falcons fan you sure seem to forget what >we went through with you guys.

This wasn't even nearly as bad of a play as the national media made it out to be. Marshawn Lynch was terrible at the goal line and had gotten stopped short on the play before. As the play unfolded, everything had to go right for the Patriots to even make that INT: Browner's pick play, Butler beelining straight into the route against a slightly passive Lockette. A second down play action pass isn't "TEH WORST CALL EVAR IN DA HISTORY OF THE LEE!!!!", hell the Pats did one themselves and almost gave it away in the second to last play of SB51.

The national media was out for blood after deflategayte and wanted their storybook, "bad guys lose to a meme catch and heroic last minute drive" just like the two rigged Giants superbowls. When they didn't get it, they went into full blame scapegoat mode rather than wanting to give any credit whatsoever to the Patriots for battling back from down by 10 points in the 4th.

>The Patriots will regret hiring Belichick!
>From Atlanta

The Salt That Traveled Through Time

Is there any other QB in the history of NFL that gets bailed out and carried to superbowl wins as much as Tom Brady? Like practically all of his rings are thanks to either defense or his kicker

Or the refs

>all of the best Super Bowl winning teams should have to rely 100% on the QB