Why are there so many people hating on joji transitioning from youtube to mainstream music??

it takes a lot of courage and guts to completely change your audience and business. why hate on him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h_ZKRFxxFU0
youtu.be/0uhg2RUJ1aY
youtu.be/ryL-OOrcpWo
youtu.be/ip86bjhwLeAhttps://youtu.be/ADp9P3p85w0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he ripped off mde. Now you have to go back.

As a long time Frank fan, I am happy for George and the avenues he's able to peruse because of his new career.
However, I think that when he legitimately tried during his Pink Guy projects, it was way better than anything he'll ever put out under the joji name imo

>it takes a lot of courage and guts

you can stop right there soyboy

Because his music is shitty, overhyped, shallow drivel.

Trips of truth

>I think that ... imo
Stop being insecure about your opinion faggot

He was actually really funny as Filthy frank. He was pretty talented. However, his music is generic and uninspiring. His music sounds like any idiot fucking with fl studio. I

>muh its generic

post 5 songs from different artists that are doing the same thing. your typical tomppabeats-esque track doesn't count because jojis music is far more complicated than that

are you retarded

but he's not changing his audience, user. that's the whole point and the reason many don't like him--he's just using his filthy frank fame to kickstart his music career and his music would not be remotely popular otherwise. it's contrived and generic lofi beats to study to and an apathetic reverb drenched vocal, literally dime a dozen stuff here. he knows he has a loyal cult following that will eat his shit up regardless of what he does, case in point that stupid fucking filthy frank book he put out on amazon reaching #1 bestseller for its respective genre. if one of the major sticking points for a certain artist being popular is "so and so made this", then it's fucking worthless. identity doesn't mean shit, the music should stand on its own. also, the whole reason all these youtubers are pursuing other mediums like music and shit is because youtube isn't a cash cow anymore and they're all greedy cunts trying to milk their fanbases while they're still relevant

joji's been doing music before filthy frank was a thing

well said fellow kekistani!

Regardless of his intent, he's doomed to mediocrity because he has no reliable feedback mechanism. Nobody to tell him he has room for improvement. Just a sea of cocksuckers. His boiler room was very embarrassing to watch (he was shitfaced and had no clue what he was doing) and somehow the response was overwhelmingly positive. Not really his fault I guess but we'll see if he ever leaves his box that his fanbase has put him in

this. i don't think his music is bad but it's not great by any means. he straight up said in an interview that he only takes feedback from people he knows.

>post five (5) songs
excellent argument my good sir

Don't try to defend him like that.
People hate him for being so mediocre but so hyped just because he comes from youtube stardom. In reality he sounds just like any other "soundcloud producer".

literally who
is he some shilled soundcloud or internet e-celeb?

worst, he is both

youtu.be/h_ZKRFxxFU0
youtu.be/0uhg2RUJ1aY
youtu.be/ryL-OOrcpWo
youtu.be/ip86bjhwLeAhttps://youtu.be/ADp9P3p85w0
all of these artists belong too a similar niche as joji except even in the case of the 2 lofi hiphop producers i listed they all actually try to make music with some soul in it that isnt just the most boring nujables imitation with lazy "jingles" sung over them as he calls his vocals. even jerry paper who is an indie guy who is weird as fuck makes better "jingles" and can actually arrange music with some creativity beyond the same 5 min youtube tutorial tier instrumental.

>taking meme rap seriously

None of those have the vibe or use the same sounds he does though. I think especially the 2 chloe burbank songs were really good

literally who?

But those are his only good songs user.

his music is literslly trash though. its shit only a 14 year old reddditor could ever enjoy

that's because those artist aren't just copying nujables with whiney lazy vocals thrown over the top dude. they all are actually trying. something joji has yet to do

and dude those tracks have been out for almost 3 years. are you actually trying to defend a guy who hasnt been able to make more then 5 min of new material thats good in 3 years as a good musician?

him and his music just seem really pretentious to me. I get that music is supposed to be subjective but ever joji tracks sounds like it's trying to have some deeper meaning to it, while the pink guy tracks are just recycled 2012 Sup Forums shit

I enjoy his music, but, it's pretty weak compared to what he has produced before (Chloe Burbank and Pink Season).

Which is funny, because in fantano's review on his last 3 releases gets the same response which it is produced very well, but the vocal is just weak, and there is almost no build up on his songs or just failed to deliver it.

Probably because he mocked the archetype of the struggling bedroom producer/artist who found it hard to find a fanbase whilst releasing music to a fanbase he built off mocking other people (not just music related).

Milo is garbage, but this shit proves beyond any doubt that leftists can't meme.

who do you think are the people who waste time making this shit?

Sad. It's important part of being a rational human being to know when something is opinion/subjective and something is fact/objective.

You're the one who is insecure boasting the "need" to be secure all the time in a subjective matter.

It not about being one or the other faggot, it's about a balance of both, that's what it means to be healthy.

>watching filthyfrank

You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Hate? or people just got lost of interest?
Well he's rap style is gay so why should i force my self to like that?

Because his music fucking sucks

Also the fact that he made a video talking shit about bad internet rappers some time ago and now he's one

now we know Sup Forums is full of Sup Forums faggots

the songs in that remix EP he made were way better than his originals

>mainstream music
You mean, shitty, generic lo-fi?