Why didn't anybody say this was a comedy? It's hilarious

Why didn't anybody say this was a comedy? It's hilarious.

Other urls found in this thread:

thelobster-movie.com/
youtu.be/cIMHlvlLl94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kino first.
Comedy second

It's probably the first Lanthimos movie they've watched.

With that said, Lanthimos is an auteur and The Lobster is just another step towards his inevitable masterpiece.

When he kicks that little boy in the leg so he has a limp just like his father, chuckled hard.

no way its kino, its funny i give you that and the premise is also funny but thats that

kek I never put that together, I thought he was just being a dick to impress the evil woman

>tfw no heartless woman gf

guess I'll pick peacock, then...

:(

watch Dogtooth next

thelobster-movie.com/

what animal are you, Sup Forums

Lanthimos only makes comedies you pleb

Surprisingly accurate

It fits pretty snugly into the black comedy genre.

I thought it was painful to watch. The joke was played out long before the movie was over.

fuck hard choice lads

penguin or gorilla?

Everyone told me it was funny as well as depressing, but I found it to be more of a straight comedy with tongue-in-cheek critique. The only thing that suggested melancholy was the cinematography.

>Lanthimos
How many other movies does he have? I love the style of this.

google "Greek Weird Wave"

it's an entire genre.

>my best pick was a lobster
kek

>comedy

It's not a fucking genre movie, you pleb.

the dog dying was sad

thank you.

Is it really that good? I've been putting off watching it.

>that scene where that woman smacks into the ground and just lays there screaming as people watch

They should have made a comedy ending where you see him run away from the dinner.

Watch

>Dogtooth
>Alps
>Kinetta

That's in order of quality, I think Dogtooth is his best desu. If you liked The Lobster you'll love all his stuff.

It was between this, a rhino, and a starfish.

>I've been putting off watching it.
I've been putting it off too, but I watched the trailer and finally decided to watch it. Funniest movie I've seen in a while, it looks great too.

I went with the dove because I really want to be able to fly.

the plebs couldn't into the humor

fuck yeah nigga

Swan, Crow, or Fox.

Went with crow

KANG

I'm guessing the director has a thing for anal.

Goodness, what a nightmare for those of us who are asexual.

Seriously, my interest in dating is lower than my interest in jumping into a volcano. Shit ain't for me.

Well fuck...

Alright, I'm part of the feline club

I got a starfish

aromantic != asexual

just say you're a kiss-less virgin like a normal loser instead of using cringe tumblr speak

panther bros

>running away from your destiny (peacock)

Well?

(spoiler your answers so they dont influence others answers)

I loved Lobster but I hated Dogtooth.

frog ripped in half

this.

A king

>no multi track drifting
wtf?

It's the spaceship from the ending of chrono trigger

easy, starfish is the patrician's choice

starship

Cthulhu

Monster

ink splodge

A baboon praising jesus

BABOON

I watched this movie on a plane. Wasn't ready for the sex scenes. The people sitting next to me can see my screen... Finished it later. I liked the movie up until she got blinded. I feel like it went off the tracks there. The ending didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Skull with horns

Come at me.

>not being a apex predator bird
>not flying around fucking shit up and having no competition and living to be old as fuck

plebs

a tiger nose tiger teeth

That would be a pretty horrible life desu, imagine if there's a drought one season and all the mice disappear and you starve to death, you essentially live or die by your food availability

Best life would be a long living omnivore/herbivore with no predators above you like a hippo, whale, tortoise, elephant or parrot.

>mice

The harpy eagle laughs at your implications of failure to eat

Nothing of course. One family member is infinitely more important to me than some random people

Some monkey-like creature jumping towards me with his arms spread. Also looks like he's wearing a helmet of some sort

It's like American Psycho you can take it either way but most people see them as serious movies only

How could you see The Lobster as a serious movie? It's impossible.

With American Psycho, I didn't know it was supposed to be a comedy so I took it seriously, but I still laughed.

does this makes us mentally disorder brothers?

A praying mantis

I get to choose between a rhino, a horse and a gorilla.

youtu.be/cIMHlvlLl94

thanks

Easily my movie of the year. I honestly couldn't stop laughing.

I love movies that have really bizarre or even stupid worlds, but they are genuine and lived in enough to seem believable on screen.

>"I'm going to kill myself. I'm going to jump off my balcony and die"
>earlier in the film its revealed she lives on the first floor

massive kek