Stop Calling Soccer "Football"

>The US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand all call it soccer.

Only an island that hasn't been significant in over 70 years calls it "football". So can all you foreigners please start calling it by its appropriate name.

Other urls found in this thread:

nzherald.co.nz/football-soccer/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=86
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This. The entire relevant English speaking world calls it by its correct name of 'soccer'

sorry but I speak the king's english and it's called football

I call it football unironically when I'm with people irl

When you muricans will stop calling your "football" "football" instead of "handegg"?

I think soccer is the third most popular form of football in your country.

it's actually called calcio

>all
You mean ONLY?

australia calls it wogball and new zealand doesn't exist

>not calling it fuppes
lame

>Only an island
The whole world does actually.

Get the times gramps

"hey let's play FOOTball!"
>runs with the ball in his hands

What did Ameripigs mean by this?

I want the Amerifats to leave.

The whole world, except 3 or 4 countries, calls it football, you ignoramus

In all fairness, the Italians call it calcio. Unlike all the countries OP mentions, Italy IS a relevant footballing nation.

Football is a code of all sorts of sports where at some point a ball is kicked

Association Football
Rugby Football
Australian Football
Canadian Football
Gaelic Football
American Football

What "Football" refers to depends on the nation, but because of the British empire "football" meaning soccer is the most commonly spread understanding.

>New Zealand all call it soccer.

no they don't fuckface

We do.

no you don't.

a national newspaper held a vote before the 2010 world cup asking whether it's soccer or football, and the result something like 80% football.

so stop lying fuckface

>mfw Australians call Wogball "cricket"

also you'll see here that the New Zealand Herald has a "Football" section, not a soccer one.

nzherald.co.nz/football-soccer/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=86

>let me tell you about your country

shut up you faggot, he's telling a clear untruth. it's primarily called called football, as i've just evidenced.

Thanks Texas, this makes up for Neoliberalism

I call it football because I define my national identity by how I differ from Americans

It's called サッカ baka gaijin.

>I'm a contrarian who wants to be different from Americans
>I'm gonna do the thing contrarian Americans do

Sup Forums's nationalism has to be the stupidest meme on earth. It makes 19th and 20th century nationalism look logical

And Hitler was making up some pretty crazy bullshit about Germans

No we don't cunt. We did a while ago but there's been an agenda to change it. All the P.E teachers force kids to call it Football now

>taking that bait
Neck yourself desu.

>soccer
>relevant anywhere other than third world villages

Aristocrats tended to play sports on horseback. "Football" referred to the ball games the peasants played on foot. Nothing to do with kicking.

This. If Americans wanted us to speak their stupid language then maybe they should have built an empire.

Umm, you are speaking English... so you know, the English people make the rules of it

and they call it football

So handball and basketball are also football

>there's been an agenda to change it
why? do you hate americans that much?

This is a myth. Football was created by the British aristocracy in the most expensive universities.

What's America got to do with it?

only americans call it soccer

>an Argentinian submitting himself to the English
Makes sense.

It could have been had it been played in 18th/19th century England, but it wasn't. The concept of what qualifies as 'football' was already established before basketball was invented.

>All of Europe, All of South America, All of Africa, All of Asia call it football

great shitpost here's your (you)

Kinda. Basketball was created because they wanted to play football indoors when the weather was shit.

>is a subject to the British Crown, where football is massively popular
Hmmmmmm.

>All of Asia
The Japanese call it soccer.

>but the third world calls it football
>potato education
pic related is real football

They call it futtoboru

>Potato education
Woah great insult lemme hit you back duderino

They do not.

damn dude

>a newspaper conducting rigorous, externally valid research
Nice try bong

Sepak bola

see here, convict

Hey Mr. Potato Head, third world refers to countries who weren't allied with West or USSR during cold war.

Only countries that don't matter call it "soccer".

Nah son miss me with that gay shit

Who divegrass master race here? It's the only name for the sport that everyone can agree on.

At the very least, Murrican concussionegg should then be "footegg" because it's played with an egg.

Depends on the context. Totaalvoetbal is called トータルフットボール in Japan.

>no calling it by it's real name "futbol"

>our opinion is of uttermost importance! despite being irrelevant and contributing nothing to football

>Only countries that don't matter
>America doesn't matter to English

Okay

>Japan, best part of Asia calls it soccer
>rest of places you mentioned are third world tier
>Africa
>caring what they call something
>kek

A fucking leaf

>implying you aren't going back

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""soccer""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Amerilards are retards.

The term actually originated in the UK, and they originally called the sport soccer.

whatever you call it it will always be more popular than your "sports"
get over it amerifats

I only call it soccer because we also have football. In europe where they don't have another football, It makes sense they call it that. Sounds nice to say desu

Ameretards to /asp/ when

>most of the world's favorite sport is from England
>all the sports made in their countries are irrelevant
how cucked can y'all be?

Last I checked the language was called English. I'll speak it the way Englishmen do.

calling it football is literally just an ancient meme in response to real (american) football

Actually, the entire world bar a few countries call it 'football' or a derivative of 'football'.

Soccer is a nickname. The full name of the sport is 'association football', soccer is a shortened version of 'association', 'soc', 'soccer'.

It's literally the same as us insisting you call your football 'American football' because that's what the rest of the world calls it.

Most English-speaking countries have a local sport they call 'football'. What you really need to do is stop being a bunch of fucking faggots about it. Language is fluid and dynamic, all the matters is that the person you're speaking to understands you. When we say'football' it is understood what is meant by our target audience.

This is completely false. Fact-check before you go spreading bullshit. It's called football because you kick a ball with your foot.

then why is it called cricket and not ballpaddle?

>When we say'football' it is understood what is meant by our target audience.
No it isn't because your accent is shit to understand.

Yes, but it originated as a nickname, not as the sport's actual name.

Because that's what they decided to call it? How the fuck should I know? They decided to call it football because it's a foot and ball sport. It doesn't mean every sport follows this naming convention.

Why call it football when the players wear shoes? Soccer makes sense because the players do in fact have socks.

You are poor, your voice is irrelevant.

>is literally not a ball
day of the rake can't come soon enough

Who cares what a bunch of non-English speakers call it, most native English speakers call it "soccer", your opinion became irrelevant when you fled the beach at Dunkirk

anyone who writes favorite instead of fauvorite is not speaking English