"STAR TREK: DISCOVERY" ADDS MICHELLE YEOH

>Michelle Yeoh ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon") has been added to the cast of CBS's STAR TREK: DISCOVERY in an undisclosed role, likely the lead character Number One, captain of the USS Discovery. Nicholas Meyer has been tapped to replace Bryan Fuller as the showrunner of the long-gestanting "Star Trek" television revival.

comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_trek/star-trek-discovery-casts-crouching-tiger-hidden-dragon-a147006

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q="Nicholas Meyer has been tapped to replace"
youtube.com/watch?v=TvKu9S7yb6s
digitalspy.com/tv/star-trek-discovery/news/a813166/star-trek-discoverys-cast-of-characters-revealed-a-klingon-captain-a-british-doctor-and-more/
inverse.com/article/22868-klingon-captain-star-trek-discovery
inverse.com/.../23060-star-trek-discovery-klingon-captain-second-starship
parentherald.com/articles/80339/20161103/star-trek-discovery-air-date-cast-news-updates-second-starship-with-klingon-captain-possible.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>asian main character

Now will you shut the fuck up?

If she's the main character at least something will look good. It will still be the worst series ever, despite the low bar set by VOY and ENT.

hot

You dont know how this works, do you?

Soothsayer from Kung Fu Panda.

can't wait til they introduce her black love interest

Oh boy, I can't wait to catch the new STD.

woah hella diverse, dude
let's support progressive film-makers and promote inclusiveness brah

Wait, so Fuller is out? I have mixed feelings about that. What's Meyer done?

Star Trek has always been progressive you fucking retard

Fuck yes Yeoh is GOAT

>Bryan Fuller
>nu-star trek
>fags everywhere
>streaming only access

can you say cancelled in the first episode

They already said that the Captain won't be the main character in this Star trek show.

They want to add a different dynamic to Star Trek by not making the main character the captain, a pretty good idea IMO.

>captain of the USS Diversity

>Asian main character
>Part of the mystery is her last name

Well, sure as shit isn't Picard.

>What's Meyer done?

Congrats on having the only ugly feet on wikifeet. Even Krysten Ritter's goblin claws are rated nicer.

I know. What they, and you, don't realize is the captain hasn't been the main character since TOS.

Is it still on that subscription channel? If so, I'm not interested.

>those bunions

jesus fucking christ, get some surgery

Well she uses them as lethal weapons, what'd you expect?

jfc

>the captain, Number One
Did the fuck stick who wrote this article even watch a single episode of TNG

Ah, I checked. I guess that's a good choice.

Though they brought Kasdan back for TFA and that was uninspired as fuck. Sometimes just because someone used to be good at something doesn't mean they will be 30 years later.

Fuller overdoes it with the artsy shit at times but Star Trek could do with a little style.

fucking christ why hasn't she had bunyon surgery

>when they fired Fuller they replaced all of the black people he hired with Asians
btw Yeoh is taking over Angela Bassett's job

they'll never shut up until they've reached 100% diversity

fucking WHOOSH

Who? The only person who won't shut up about race and diversity is you.

they're just blatantly ripping off Dark Matter now huh?

lol

Asians aren't diversity

>Nicholas Meyer has been tapped to replace Bryan Fuller as the showrunner of the long-gestanting "Star Trek" television revival.
Fuck you fuck you fuck you, give me a source.

lmgtfy.com/?q="Nicholas Meyer has been tapped to replace"
>1 result
>it's this thread

weeboos BTFO!

WHOOSH

They were developing the show together user. Fuller stepped back because the scheduling is too tough with his American Gods show and Meyer is still there.

AVERT YE EYES LADS

But Meyer is not the showrunner.

>catch the new STD.
It's called STI now shitlord

t. retard that came up with Star Trek Discovery's name

>Fuller stepped back because
Fuller got fired because he can't deliver a fucking pilot

This shit was supposed to be airing in just over a month and they hadn't cast a single actor, built a single set, and had only written four scripts

Progressive, not nu-progressive ie whites are evil, minorities are weak and need help like how people project this series to be.

I have a feeling the producers have never seen an episode of Star Trek or were too dumb to catch onto the themes. Race is rarely brought up, nobody mentions it. In Star Trek racism ceases to exist because people stop caring about race. I have a feeling there will be a lot of drama with race with an evil white Admiral and a POC crew.

This show looks like it's already shitting the birds. Apparently it has a Klingon captain...10 years before Kirk's 5 year mission...in an era when Klingons and Humans were not on friendly terms.

Why is this allowed? Look, I get not everyone is a footfag (so they claim) but that doesn't mean you should let your feet be monstrous.

Sure worked for The West Wing.

Am I being sarcastic? I don't know.

I don't see any evidence std will be steeped in nufaggotry

The Klingon captain is the captain of a Klingon ship that they encounter regularly.

She's 60 fucking years old, I don't know what you expect

>a warrior's feet

Holy christ just shut the fuck up. We know next tot nothing about this show and you're already nuclear level triggered

>her husband's name is DIckson Poon

OP wrote it.

>gestanting

Don't be mad because the show's name makes you think of your rancid diseased body.

Lemask yeoh summin Rick

Then why is it mentioned prominently? I mean every source I find and Memory Alpha states there will be a Klingon captain. If he is the captain of a Klingon vessel, why mention it as some kind of sneak preview? What's next, a Romulan captain too?

A Klingon will be the Dukat of the series (even though he did nothing wrong), I like the idea of recurring villains, it allows them to be fleshed out better than monsters of the week...but this series is going to be bad....it'll be a hard show to watch.

Well she's Asian, so I assumed she went through some feet binding process when she was younger.

lmao
my life is sad but not nearly this sad

>What's next, a Romulan captain

Why the fuck didn't this OP just copy the text from his own link instead of rewriting it and botching it?

Post any source that there is a Klingon captain

>Star Trek: Diversity

>Then why is it mentioned prominently?
Because they have literally nothing else to talk about.

We know almost nothing about the series, so they have to talk endlessly about what little we do know.

Why can't they just do a series with a Romulan crew or some shit?

And the moment we do learn something, like for instance the casting of the lead, the thread is instantly derailed by Sup Forumstards and fotogfags because /Sup Forums is a useless board with no mods.

Basically they have nothing and it's supposed to premiere next month or so?

>it's supposed to premiere next month or so?
May 2017, but I wouldn't be surprised by another delay.

That's okay. I've waited this long. I can wait a little longer.

Hence the delay and the showrunner stepping down

That would be cool actually, I like the Romulans.

It's like Paramount doesn't care at all about this show...

Well then I'm a GOAT fucker

Paramount doesn't care about this show.

Because Paramount isn't making this show.

You WISH you were a GOAT fucker, you fist fucker.

She IS a crouching tiger

Unrelatable meme race. Same with Vulcans. Itd be boring as fuck.

Do you guys think we'll get an Andorian bridge officer?

Is no one gonna bring up how based she was in Police Story 3 and the Bond movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=TvKu9S7yb6s

Oh, Yu...

pretty sure feet bindings have been banned since before her time

That would be nice. They are a pretty well forgotten race for a founding member of the Federation. How many times have we seen an Andorian? I'd like to see them explored.

WE WONT STOP UNTIL THERE'S NO WHITE MEN LEFT

Why would you even respond to that post?

>What they, and you, don't realize is the captain hasn't been the main character since TOS.

Picard and Janeway weren't the main characters?
>Top Billed
>Most airtime

Keep going...

because I have nothing better to do

Offhand, I can't recall seeing any in TNG, DS9, or Voyager. I imagine I'm forgetting some minor character from some random episode of TNG, but I really can't recall ever seeing them outside of TOS, and ENT. We need some blue booty.

WHAT ARE THOSE?

Don't tell everyone

How often do you see a tellarite?

I remember in the Starfleet Academy PC game, the Communications officer was Andorian.

this photographer knew what's up

Or a Gorn, or a Tholian, etc

digitalspy.com/tv/star-trek-discovery/news/a813166/star-trek-discoverys-cast-of-characters-revealed-a-klingon-captain-a-british-doctor-and-more/

inverse.com/article/22868-klingon-captain-star-trek-discovery

inverse.com/.../23060-star-trek-discovery-klingon-captain-second-starship

screencrush.com/star-trek-discovery-cast-klingon-gay-actor/

www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-discovery-characters/

www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-discovery-characters/

moviepilot.com/p/star-trek-discovery-klingon-captain/4135919

parentherald.com/articles/80339/20161103/star-trek-discovery-air-date-cast-news-updates-second-starship-with-klingon-captain-possible.htm

-------------------

Took me a while but I found one look using the somewhat cumbersome search known as google. You should check it out; it works quite well.

sweet flat hammered shit, WHAT IS THAT?!@

More importantly do you think there'll be an Andorian slut that jerks guys off with her antennae?

>there was never a mirror universe TNG

Is her english even passable?

>SJW Trek is still on

MOMMY

>"Why are you complaining?!"
>"B-But Star Trek's AL-ways been pruh-GREH-sive!!!"
>"You're just a racist and a bigot!"

It's a three-step cycle that repeats itself with every thread.

good move, the rest of the star trek asians don't look anywhere near enough like thai hookers.

>black woman captain
>black woman lesbian first officer

>gay disabled chief engineer
>bixsexual, trans security officer