Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Judging people by the shirts they wear: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Judging people by their thoughts: profound social statement or sign of insecurity?

/thread

If don't think that you are a special snowflake for wearing it's okay

How can a shirt be a sign of insecurity? It's just a damn shirt.

It's just clothes.
Grow the fuck up.

Neither

If I wear a shirt that I got at a gig because I like the band, does that instantly make me insecure or show off any of the statements I would make were I to make any? Nah. Dumb post,

Neither. Just usually an ugly shirt. But if it's a cool shit and a band you like, nothing wrong with it.

band shirts are 4 losers with no friends
facts

If you listen to a band, it's fine.

If you wear it because you are the type of person who wants to seem cool by wearing it (every fucking 16 year old who wears Nirvana and Joy Division merch they bought at Hot Topic), it's stupid. But still not egregious.

I really want to buy that shirt cause i like early no-wave swans a lot but im scared that some true patrician is going to catch me lacking and and bully me for not being familiar with their whole discography

spot the band shirt wearers

>he doesn't exclusively wear anime t-shirts

Neither
I like the band, I buy the shirt. It's not complicated

If you want to wear a shirt of something you like, go for it. Don’t look so deep into it.

S O Y B O Y

I bet you unironically make chad threads

>too insecure to wear black metal t shirt in public so i make a thread about how stupid band shirts are

Outlet shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

>Pirate band's music
>Buy their merch in excess of $30
>Have something cool to wear
>Can support them directly (bands often get a greater cut of the merch sales)
>Support the scene as well

Man fuck right off.

One of the functions of clothes is the same as the function of any design or packaging; to communicate to people.
You are supposed to think "I like/don't like this person", that's the point. You gotta be pretty fucking stupid if you don't understand that.

The function of clothes is to protect you from the elements, and to comply with "decency" laws.

>One of the
Let me tell you about this thing we have called 'culture', user. Fucking retard.

Ey this hasn't been posted in a while, as evidenced by people falling for it again

Wearing my On Avery Island tshirt right now pham

Shit, that's a good point.

le scene xd

I only wear shirts I get for free as a gift. How to get? Wear the same shirt every day and people will start buying you shirts as gifts.

any true patrician knows that only the early Swans output is worth listening to

>merch tables are always cash-only
I'd actually buy shirts if it weren't for this

Chad stole my gf im cuckzoned :(

They're great as a conversation piece, particularly when you can only find them at their shows. I had a fellow approach me at a show once and strike up a conversation with me about Tortoise because I was wearing their last tour shirt. Fast forward a year later and we're close friends and in a band together.

bands have had credit card readers for years social retard

Remember when Devendra was Devendra?

If you can buy the shirt at Target or Hot Topic, it's pretty lame. But official band merch is fine.

band shirts are okay as long as nobody recognizes the band
once there is a "bite" that is a vocal mutuality of cognizance, the shirt must be shredded and burned in the prescribed way

As a genuinely insecure person in his mid-20s I can assure you that we wear cheap, dull, muted coloured shirts and t-shirts in order to not draw attention to ourselves

I would love to have the confidence to express myself via clothing even slightly desu

This. I have a hard time mingling with people, and band shirts are a good conversation starter. If they like the band chances are you both share other things in common.

Neither. A way of finding other people into the same bands

lol 99% of bands get literally none of the money from merch sales

T. never played in a band

merch is sometimes the only way a band will make money on a show

If youre unsigned sure but if youre signed then none of the money goes to you but to the record label

No more so than wearing a football jersey or a shirt with a superhero logo- it's just a good way to visibly show your interests and possibly even connect with likeminded individuals, but if you get in people's faces about it, then you're just annoying.

>wearing a football jersey or a shirt with a superhero logo

Only incels care or think about that shit. Grow up.

i agree.

however i would distance myself from all of these types of people as i consider myself a grownup and have good taste in clothes.

Nah grownups don't actually care, or bait on Sup Forums

distance myself is too strong. maybe just suggest to go out in the evening they wear something a little more fitting to where we are going out.

teenagers and the like don't care because they don't go anywhere worthwhile.

Never understood what this bait means by band tees being "profound social insecurity"