listen to some realy unusual/wacky stuff

> listen to some realy unusual/wacky stuff
> feel like I'm "performing" for my last.fm friends

>last.fm friends

just turn off scrobbling then if its a big deal for you

i used to listen to weird and obscure stuff for the sake of looking cool on last.fm lol. id even put stuff on to scrobble when i was away from my device.

>listen to literally anything on speakers rather than headphones, even the most normie shit
>paranoid that someone will hear it and judge me negatively somehow

life is hard

wouldnt you look like a jackass when people try to speak with you about music and you're less informed than they expect

last.fm is a cancer. I noticed this when I was listening to something on my phone, and I was already thinking how I would use universal scrobbler to add those plays to my profile at home. Even thinking of doing this shows that your listening habits are being controlled by your own ego and the pressures that come along with social media. The site is a cesspit anyway these days, but I highly recommend nobody pay any mind to scrobbling. Its the last step you take to truly appreciate music for what it is.

Scrobbling is the music equivalent of instagram food pictures.

id still read about it and listen to stuff at least once. id just pad my listens and skew it to look like i listened to weirder stuff more. i hardly ever talked to anybody or anything either. i dont even know why i just liked looking like i had esoteric taste because my goal wasnt to meet or talk to people i just wanted to look cool

how do you look cool if nobody sees you?

Wheres that DAMN forth chaos emerald?

fuck off back to pol fuckface

based shadow the edgehog

lmao owned you stupid tripfag

Who the fuck has last.fm friends anymore?

I do... they're all people I met on Sup Forums.

Very relatable

Last.fm gave me OCD

idk about anyone else but i just like to personally know what i listened to more. if it was totally private id have liked it too. but i stopped scrobbling when i got a portable music player that doesnt have support for it so my perfect data is a thing of the past.

I do it all my life, I can't listen to music with somebody, even family members.

oh my god, imagine caring what people think about you this much...

>get new RARE physical release
>do all the usual ritual (open, smell, look at, rip, scan, look again, go to the shitter and look at it while taking a shit, etc)
>listen to the actual CD while naming my 320kbps rips I'll send to my select contacts which also obtain RARE material and know won't share it around
>Look at release again, while making a CD-R copy
>Store the original disc on its case, put CD-R on stereo
>Listen to it while scrobbling the mp3s on my Last.fm account

Falsgutman

Except now I don't really use last.fm since 2011 or so. Now it's all about adding material to discogs
>tfw I'm the only owner of most of my collection