Great look, I admit, but how is this not the universally agreed worst joker adaptation of all time?

Great look, I admit, but how is this not the universally agreed worst joker adaptation of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU
youtube.com/watch?v=utj9gV5t_uQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Him and Romero are better than those new fags

Because Jared Leto's Joker exists.

Nope he's great (jared leto is good too. heath is awful and romero is for hipsters) youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU

Because not everyone parrots their opinions from capecucks.

>give him a shave

>literally has "Why she wearing a mask," That Nolan completely ripped off

>Implying he's not the GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=utj9gV5t_uQ

SPBP

>agreed worst joker adaptation of all time
If your reason for this is because he's just playing Jack Nicholson, you need to fuck right off.

He was a pretty great Joker in my opinion.

Would not have worked well in Nolan's movie (Heath was pretty good).

Not crazy about Leto's version.

>Would not have worked well in Nolan's movie
Why the fuck not? Because of the retarded "moral lesson" Heath was shilling?

fuck off back to

>Why the fuck not?
Nolanverse = Grimdark
Burtonverse = Cartoonish Grimdark

I loved Nichlson/Burton Joker. It was perfect for Burton's movie and it was a great Joker when compared to other adaptations.

But it would not have worked in Nolan's version. That isn't to say that Nichlson couldn't adapt to fit the tone of the movie. The Joker in the Burton movie would have been out of place in the Nolan movie.

Health did a good job. Grimdark and all (although there were some goofy parts as well).

What the hell does that have to do with Sup Forums?

AND WHERE AND WHERE

IS THE BATMAN?

He was way scarier than Heath's Joker. Far more unpredictable and he killed people in far more grotesque ways.

HE'S AT HOME

WASHING HIS TIGHTS

>Hey, Jack, you know that crazy character you always play? Can you do that with makeup on?

This is the best Batman villain of all time.

Prove me wrong. (you can't)

OP here, his joker is mcmurphy from one flew over the cuckoo's nest.
And they give the joker a backstory

FUCKING
>HORRIBLE

>implying this isn't the most kino scene in the history of film on second to the notorious Spiderman 3 scene

youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU

>Touring the riot scene. Gravely assessing the devastation. Upstanding mayor stuff.

>You're not the mayor.

>Things change.

It works for the Joker, so I never got this complaint.

Because he's not DAMAGED.

Because he was fun as fuck and got down a great blend of funny and psychopathic (while also being a nice homage to the older comics Joker).
Batman '89 just has an all around nice feeling to it that's missing from comic book movies today (which either try to be too edgy or use unfunny jokes).

He was perfect and we'll never get anything like him or Cesar Romero again with today's shitty audience.

This Town Needs an Enema!

lol yea bro what kinda fag would give the Joker any kind of back story

God the writing for these movies was so great

I saw that movie in the theater as a kid with my dad and thought it was badass. Never got around to watching it again, and after that clip (which I don't remember) I never will

Because it came out before most of the people here were even born.
It also came out before the internet age that turned everyone into some kind of deep and complex cynical critic.

Are you snotnosed retards saying you don't think that scene is sincerely good? What the fuck?

This is actual capekino

>tfw will never get to see Burton's unmade 3rd film with Billy Dee Williams as Two Face

Is this the Tim Burton capekino thread now?

If tim burton were allowed to continue his capekino universe, who would he have cast for the inevitable justice league?

It is objectively awful, shake that nostalgia bug and see it for what it is

>snotnosed

I am blowing my nose a lot today for some reason, mainly the right nostril.

Didn't he choose to quit himself? Also Lucy Lawless as Diana.

>It is objectively awful
Explain. We can't read your thoughts.

WB pushed him out when mcdonalds cancelled the toy deal and parents complained about batman returns

Jack Black as Hal Jordan

>parents complained about batman returns
So mom really did freak?
I forgot this was supposed to be a thing.

it was good for its time, plus Jack was one of the biggest stars in the world, its like image if Tom Cruise played the joker, it wouldn't matter what the fuck he did because the fact that he is playing him is what put asses in seats

>Tom crusie as the joker

This... Might work

It requires no explaination, but if you like it, by all means, watch it on repeat for months on end for all I care

>Joker jumping on a couch and cackling
Yes.

not really a backstory, also remember this was in the dying days of the mafia period, so the idea that a crime boss started out a robber 20 years prior (John Gotti) is pretty fucking accurate. Technically its more bizare that some random fucker with no experience ends up becoming the head of a crime syndicate just because. The Dark Knight was easily the most reasonable explanation of that

fun fact that movie would have been the only movie with two superpowered niggers in the film until this year (Cap:CW)

Literally the DANCE OFF of its time

So basically, you don't like the scene so that makes it objectively awful because you say so. Okay. Got it.

it is

Basically, yes, in this instance I feel I can speak for the movie going public as a whole. I'm that convinced.

Batman - Michael Keaton
Superman - Russell Crowe
Lex Luthor - Johnny Depp
Will Smith as Cyborg
Freddie Prinze Jr. as The Flash
Sherilyn Fenn as Wonder Woman
Dolph Lundgren as Aquaman

How did they get away with this?

I remember an episode of the animated series where Barbara was fantasizing about something like this, but then she woke up.

Never rub another mans rhubarb

OH BABY.

Well, the movie going public loved this movie and it's still considered one of the good Batman movies. So you can fuck right off for all I care.

>that beat
>brain keeps expecting to hear "GOOD VIBRATIONS"

kek fucking marky mark

What the fuck was Nolan thinking with this shit? Why did people pretend it looked good? Especially since retards spout "i love nolan i love his realistic batman!!!"

Fine, I'll speak for all of Sup Forums then (except yourself, of course)

I didn't realize the Joker in The Dark Knight wasn't Jack Nicholson until like five years after it was released.

His performance was really good. It was the best part of a mediocre movie.

This and returns are much better than what we got in the 21st century

>pyjama pants
>great look

TIM I SAID GET OF THE COMPUTER AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL OR YOU ARE GROUNDED!

Definitely not Alan Moore, seeing as how Joker literally refers to his past as "multiple-choice" and the one that is given is clearly referred to as being as questionable as all the other possible backstories.

Yeah, it was a bit much. I think toning down the scarring but giving him a burned out eye socket would have made it both more realistic and more horrific.

LAWN DART!

Satan is right. Penguin was fucking GOAT.

I like the idea of Harvey being blind in one eye, like some sort of twisted mix of blind justice and tunnel-visioned vengeance.

Came here to post this

Only thing that bothered me about Jack's Joker is that I always thought of the Joker as a skinny guy and Jack seemed a little to fat.

Besides that I loved him, he was sadistic and loving it, and his laugh was great. Joker did some grim shit in this movie, a great adaptation.

ITT: People that need to take off the nostalgia goggles
This is basically Jack Nicholson playing himself in clown make up.

nah

Why do people preted The Killing Joke was good? Bria Bolland did really well, but it's a nonse, lazy story. I think Moore went on recrod saying he did't give a fuck whe he was writing it.

Oh shit muh dick hard

He would be fantastic.

>Superman - Russell Crowe
>Dolph Lundgren as Aquaman
>this will never be real
>there's probably an alternate universe where this casting is real
>you will never get to see it
Fuck this gay earth

What the fuck is wrong with his mouth

I like to pretend he didn't die at the end, he just fucked off to philly, got some plastic surgery, changed his name to frank, and started a family.

Ledger Joker is a meme. It's no better than Nicholson's.

>Great look, I admit, but how is this not the universally agreed worst joker adaptation of all time?
But he is, at least in Batman films.

>JOKER WAS HERE

Actual criminal mastermind at work.

Shoeless Monkey Kung-Fu Juggalo Joker from The Batman was the worst Joker (pic related).

I can never decide whether the 80s was the best or worst decade.

I like Heath Ledger's Joker. Come at me, Sup Forums.

Disliking Ledger's Joker is a meme now too

Personality-wise that was a pretty good joker though.

His personality was the worst part, though.

They should've had his eye roll out of his head.

Acknowledging that disliking Ledger's Joker is a meme is the new meme ma man. Now we politely decline to comment about it but secretly scream on the inside.

I still can't believe how we went from here to Batman Forever

I'm hearing the music on my head

Thank god they changed his outfit in the latter seasons.

I think they changed his outfit like two or three episodes later lol

TROLL TOLL

Nicholson's joke and Keaton's Batman is why Hollywood is hooked on capeshit and is dying a slow, painful death.

That was the last film that was completely sold out everywhere for weeks.

>Rated R