What does Sup Forums think about this man?

Personally, I think he did nothing wrong.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/angeltilalove
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did he do

That's (((Harrison Ford))), right?

>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

The most overrated novel of all time

What does Dennis Quaid have to do with anything?

He killed a bunch of terrorists that hijacked airforce one..

That last Indiana Jones film was complete shit so that counts as something wrong.

Oh and didn't he marry that ugly Ali McBeal cunt?

If he had not ditched Jaba's shipment he would have not been led to Luke and the whole series never would have happened. I'm glad he fled to fight another day

Recruited, trained, and manipulated children into lethal killing machines and brutal tacticians in order to drive a race of alien insects to extinction after they invaded earth and killed billions of people. The result of said xenocide directly lead to the Golden age of man and the colonisation of the galaxy.

Speaker for the Dead > Ender's Game > Xenocide/Children of the Mind >>>>>>> everything else.

He was in The Force Awakens, and that movie was completely shitty.

Still can't believe that movie hold +90% approval in Rotten Tomatoes.

I got Ender in Exile a few weeks ago. Got about 200 pages in, until Ender put on a production of Taming of the Shrew on a spaceship.

Also the Shadow series is the weakest part of the franchise. It tries to be Tom Clancy, but fails horribly.

Orson Scott Card is off the fucking reservation.

the movie wasn't that bad really, I just hated the music, the music wasn't at all like star wars

He shot Greedo first.

The hero humanity needed.

That movie just made me hate cucks even more. Their empathy would be admirable if it wasn't a suicidal act.

Speaker for the dead was fucking shit, fuck you for saying it's even worth picking up after enders game.

It was the first in another trilogy. Just like the first film of the previous 2 trilogies, it lacked on thrill factor yet paves the way to the next two films. Which again, as in the two previous trilogies were markedly better and completed the series. To judge based on the first chapter is truly doing so without reading the whole thing.
At least that's my opine.
Should they fuck it up though (Disney),
I will rage to the end of my days

It's one of the best examples of first contact with an alien race and the moral evolution of humanity.

I do think it's funny that Card thinks he's allowed to shit all over anthropology, though. Like he was personally offended by the Prime Directive in Star Trek. Fucking Mormon mentality.

Great movie. Not sure why no one likes it.
It has some of the best music in the series.
Card is pretty based. Also hates faggots.

>It has some of the best music in the series.
you just triggered me hard

do you hate john williams or what?

>(((Disney)))

Huh, didn't even realize Ender in Exile was out. Haven't read any of them since the first few Shadow books years ago. I mean, they were mildly entertaining to read at the time, but completely and utterly forgettable. Nowhere near what the first two novels were. He's got a few old masterpieces, but everything else he pumps out barely passes as mediocre.

>Card is pretty based. Also hates faggots.

His logic for hating gays is completely insane, though. He's convinced they're literally all pedophiles.

I wouldn't care if he kept that shit to himself but his later books became weirdly preoccupied with monogamy.

Williams composed the TFA score. Also fuck off Colgate skellington

>moral evolution of humanity.
No, that would be the forever war.

He is probably preoccupied with monogamy because it makes civilization work. Summerfags please fucking leave

That's not what Forever War is about at all. Maybe the closest it gets it 'humans literally can't comprehend some shit and it's up to Human 2.0 to figure it out'. Even then it's only a secondary element. The book itself is about alienation and separation from your home.

Great book, I think it focuses a little more on social (de)evolution than moral though

I might be getting it mixed up, that's the book where a large part of space is controlled by clones right?

They invaded Earth, they drew first blood.

They probably murdered millions during their invasion, let them all fry.

I KNOW ITS OFF THREAD BUT EXPLAIN THIS
HOW
CAN
ONE
WOMAN
BE
SO
REDPILLED
twitter.com/angeltilalove

Too bad he can't write for shit anymore, so it doesn't matter what he thinks is important.

It worked fine in Speaker for the Dead. It was a distinct but not overbearing part of the plot. Now it feels like the ramblings of a middle-aged man on Facebook.

Well fuck you too. Speaker for the Dead is easily Card's best work, and one of my top five favorite books I've ever read. Heck, Ender's Game only exists because Card needed a protagonist for Speaker for the Dead; he took an old short story he wrote and started adapting it as the prologue, and when it got too large he split it into its own novel, creating Ender's Game.

this

Clones are a key plot point but controlling a large part of space is not heavily implied or stated, that might depend on what you consider large though

Colonel Graff did what was necessary to protect the human race and secure a future for human children.

At the end of the book, they realize that the Taurans were all clones and were incapable of communicating with humans until they started cloning themselves as well. But it's in the last 10 pages or so.

Old Man's War is similar, but has a lot less substance. It doesn't really have an underlying point like Forever War and Ender's Game and Starship Troopers.

Jason knows.

Episode 3 and Chewies involvement with Yoda and Rebels involvement of Lando with the Rebellion means that Han was an unwilling pawn the the Rebellion and would have eventually crossed paths with Luke anyway.

If there is intelligent life out there, it probably is so alien that it will be completely and utterly antithetical to our existence. The concepts of tolerance and respect for one's own destiny are human inventions you shouldn't expect other beings to have by default.

It isn't the worst film ever, it was just kinda disappointing. It was too similar not only to The New Hope, but the old series overall. After 6 movies I was expecting more than the rebels fighting against the Emperor's evil army and his evil side-kick again. It's just the first movie but it doesn't give much to look forward.

But I'm going to see Rogue One anyway. If anything, the visual will be astonishing.

Sucks at parenting

His son died and he went over the deep end a little bit. That's why the sudden change

>Take the universes greatest warlord, who literally gets pissed on
>Poorly explored AI - human first contact
>Shitty "days of our lives" sub-plot
>Doesn't explore dynamic of 4 specie interactions

How exactly is this good?

I've read both old mans war + forever war, I get them mixed up. I'm thinking of the book where at the end he comes back from his Light speed travel, only to find out the war is over and sexual reproduction isn't really a thing anymore.

Han Solo dies

>Third Deathstar

I agree with this

Why yes it is.

>What do you think?

Not telling your people openly you are about to annihilate an alien foe is gonna take some weird place in the historical recordings of your people afterwards. It's only going to create a really dangerous confusion.

>paves the way to the next two films
Which, at this rate, will have gay furry muslims as heroes.

He postponed Hitler's death

>memes
Ender has the superior tactical mind, yet he witheld information from his literal superior in order to cause him to make an uninformed decision, resulting in what was likely a needless genocide.

>I'm thinking of the book where at the end he comes back from his Light speed travel

Yeah, that's Forever War. My only point is that Forever War isn't really interested in how humans interact with aliums, it's almost entirely about one soldier being shoved up against how rapidly Earth is leaving him behind socially.

I really hope the movie is good. Channing Tatum's track record with science fiction isn't very strong, but apparently he loves the book.

What is this ebin new (((meme)))?

Exactly eder was such a little cuck for the ant aliens
>muh trying to communicate
That "contact" made a mass grass.
Even if they were loseing there planet.
To bad space niggers find another planet!

At least based China banned gays from media so there's no way Disney would do that now.

Finn did imply that is what they are going to do in an interview, but that was before China removed gays.

>needless

This niggy gets it

>War. My only point is that Forever War isn't really interested in how humans interact with aliums, it's almost entirely about one soldier being shoved up against how rapidly Earth is leaving him behind socially.

Yeah, that was the one where the guy is a vietnam vet that goes to help out in the space war in 96. Then all his friends end up dying, and all the new recruits are degenerates, but think hes the conservative degenerate that has sex only with one partner of the opposite sex.

I was really glad it had a happy ending too :)

As long as we're discussing science fiction, what does Sup Forums think of Childhood's End? I thought the tone was weird. The book gives an overriding sense of doom, but the show built itself more as a mystery.

Also all the human characters were boring as fuck, but Charles Dance killed it as Karellen. 10/10 prosthetics.

that movie sucked ass and it's bluepilled AF

watch starship troopers instead

Science fiction that deals with relativity always gives me a boner. It was the only element of Interstellar that I thought was really well done.

He's gay IRL, I can't actually confirm this, but I went to my friend's house in mexico (white gated community) and the housekeeper who had previoiusly worked for Harrison Ford told us he was homosexual.

He's also a massive pothead and has a personal fleet of helicopters and small planes that he occasionally crashes recreationally.

Ford is a cool guy.

>Intelligent, violent, young white male, leading the whole human space fleet, sent to exterminate an alien race
>blue pilled

huh?

The forever war is the best relativity based book I've read. It was a brilliant analogy too.

China and Russia being massive markets for SW will prevent this.

He isn't jewish

A movie is in production? Haha there will be so much tranny dogshit in it. Hopefully the ending remains intact.

>Channing Tatum's track record with science fiction isn't very strong

Jupiter was the biggest joke I've ever seen, but I'd be hyped to see the forever war movie if done right.

Ridley Scott is lined up to do it.

He's a tired old man who needs to retire from acting already. I'm surprised they got any kind of performance out of him at all for Star Wars Episode VII, in the law few movies he has started in it seems like he has just been woken up from a nap every time he's on camera.

That's the biggest question. The newest editions of the book have a few choice lines removed, where Mandela is describing how he feels about gays. Haldeman said they don't really help the book and come across as meanspirited, rather than character establishing.

It's not going to be Sup Forumss favorite movie, but I think it'll be interesting to see how they avoid pissing the gay community off and still make the point about isolation from your society.

I just hope Channing Tatum doesn't try to play the lead. He's a better actor than I suspected, but he can't play a space-hopping supergenius physics doctorate.

Not anymore, he handed it off to Tatum a year or two ago. Which is fine by me, Ridley Scott's latest movies have been well-shot boring bullshit.

I always liked his roles and his acting. I don't know anything about him personally, and I'd like to keep it that way.

His mother's parents were Belorussian Jews.

I have the "SF Masterworks" version, is it intact?

Lol, he's very Jewish

the jews (((echo)))

You'll have to read the introduction.

Noice

Bump for SF talk