ITT: Albuns ruined by atrocious mixing

ITT: Albuns ruined by atrocious mixing

WHAT'S AN ALBUN MU

I think it was a deliberate miss-spelling for readers to instantly think of Steve Albini, who of course is notably a mastermind at mixing. However, to echo a mainstream opinion is considered plebeian.

But hey, that's just my two cents.

would u perhaps describe the mixing as...
an
atrocity
exhibtion....

>instruments in one channel
>voices in the other
Literally why

Listen to it in mono

i think thats that guy that fronted blur

>isn't a sound engineer
>thinks he has the right to judge the quality of an album's mixes

>isn't a chef
>thinks he can say food tastes bad
This is your logic.

what's wrong with Closer's mixing?

I love this album but holy shit does it sound compressed. It makes me sad because it's a great album but it constantly clips throughout every song.

This is just the second song of the album and it clips like 90% of the running time

fuck, forgot the image also dubs

>loved this album for a long long time
>recently see someone mention that the vocals all have a high pitched sound in them
>can never listen to the album again because all I can hear is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stereo was fairly new technology and the Beatles figured it was just a gimmick

Nothing. I'm listening to it now and OP is a giant faggot.

always listen to the beatles in mono, and if you buy any of their LPs also make sure they are in mono, they are worth more and sound better

Giving it a listen. Nothing I can hear. I'm on track one.

Wrong. It's got no low end. I can barely hear the sub bass. I no its an older album, but Jesus the subs are weak

sound fine to me

Noel Gallagher's new album is pretty good but the mixing is atrocious, everything is compressed as fuck. It's even worse because it's densely layered too, I have trouble picking out all the instruments.

pretty much any album from the last 20 years.

I'm telling you. The vocals all have a dog whistle noise to them, like when there's an older tv on in the house, but it's muted

That's more the awful mastering, imho

Great album but it's compressed as fuck, the mixing is the only thing I hate about Nonagon Infinity. Same as MOTU. It's a shame because the albums Stu mixed (Sketches and Poly) are fantastically mixed. Whoever mixed NI and MOTU should be shot

yeah what the fuck?Also, both vocal tracks have this hissing sound whenever a s or z sound is made

who ever mixed this must have not been able to hear the high frequencies

one the second track during the female vocals, it's very noticeable

it's also possible you can't hear it because they are very high frequency tones

It's not even just the compressing, it's everything. Everything about the recording is garbage. Mind Fuzz sounds better, MOTU sounds 5x better, Polywanagonawhateverland sounds 10x better.

ohmyyygooood...

remaster when

Does that seriously "ruin" the album though?

The self titled MGMT album is mastered like shit.

Moon Shaped Pool sounds absolutely atrocious too. Daydreaming has zero dynamics and it's a song that screams for it.

I'm on Bike Scene. I now know what to look for now, now that you explained it that way.

I can't exactly HEAR it... but I can however feel it, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I guess it is more of a feel. It hurts my eyes

Raw power 97 iggy mix

Holy Jesus my ears

>Stereo was fairly new technology and the Beatles figured it was just a gimmick
It wasn't a gimmick, but a developing technology.

I have this on wax and it sounds pretty damn good...

no shit

The Sword
Gods of the Earth

This, I hate that. Like when people say Fantano doesn’t have the right to be a critic. Who does? He has just as much a right to judge music as anyone else does. Just because someone makes music, that doesn’t make them a more valid critic either. Honestly I’d say that fantano is probably the single most well known music critic of all time, I don’t know of anyone else notable besides scaruffi and the other guy who rates stuff with scissors and shit.

Death Magnetic

You posted the wrong joy divison album guy

Holy shit, another numale faggot shill
>Albuns for fuck sake
This is a masterpiece you fucking child, everything about it is perfect, Martin Hannett was a genius, if you cannot comprehend this, you have to seriously kill yourself, or go back to listening to rap

you're an even bigger faggot, the mere suggestions from an absolute retard send you screeching like a fucking cringelord

king retard over here
Get a proper stereo set up, listen to Passover again, you absolute drooling plebian

Syro

That's what the sound sounds like. I wasn't REEEEEEEEing

Kek

this, my fucking god. The production wasn't that good, either. Ronson ruined a batch of decent to very good songs

may just be me but the drum samples on Endtroducing seem excessively loud even for hip-hop

The 2017 mixes are pretty great. Of course, that's if you're not bothered by "desecrating" classics.

really? Never noticed that desu

DUBS SPEAKS THE TRUTH!

one of my top 3 beach boys albums but there's definitely something off with the production

Trevor Horn can suck my fucking dick. Liverpool was much better. Fight me.