Is there anyone who doesn't believe this is the single greatest season of television of all time?

Is there anyone who doesn't believe this is the single greatest season of television of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

hookem.com/2016/11/22/charlie-strong-eulogy-matthew-mcconaughey/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Agreeing bump.

DUDE NIHILISM LMAO

Nothing else even comes close

It's pretty great, but greatest of all time? fuck no

Then present us with an alternative.

There is no greatest of all time but there are a few that fit into top 10 category. A few of them:
>Sopranos season 1
>Fargo season 1
>Breaking bad season 5
etc

These are just great, there is no number 1 or number 2, just great tv seasons

>Breaking bad season 5
Ah, opinion invalidated.

It's pretty great, if you don't like it that's your problem

>Breaking bad season 5
You mean the worst season of Breaking Bad?

>Breaking bad season 5

I mean the best season of breaking bad. Prove me wrong pro tip: You can't

4 was best season, and if you don't agree you shouldn't be taking about tv
BB is aging horribly tho, and it's no longer a standard of good tv, i mean, every Mad Men season shits on the best of BB

are you confused? this isn't reddit

Season 4 is great, but season 5 is an underrated gem of a season. All the characters are pushed to their edge, and the resolutions if not happy were pretty satisfying.
The reason I like it better than any other season is there is no "villain" in this season. We get to see walt go through different emotions and manipulating everyone he cares about, that in itself makes it the best character based season in the series.

>there is no "villain" in this season
Except the neo-nazi fucks who are the straight-up villains because they kill Hank, Gomez and Brock, kidnap Jesse and make him cook for them and steal Walt's money.

Are they though? I see those neo-nazi fucks as just plot devices, unlike gus or tuco they don't have character or motivations other than money. Well you could say Todd has a character and is part of those neo-nazis but he's afar more complicated character and would be unfair to call him a villain.

BoB>Deadwood S1>Generation Kill>TD1

>Are they though?
Yes.
>I see those neo-nazi fucks as just plot devices
Yes. Which is why they're half-assed characters and why S5 is bad.

>Yes. Which is why they're half-assed characters and why S5 is bad.

Do you even get the point? They are not the villains. The entire point is Walt gets involved with shady people and pays he price. That's a running theme through out the series.

In season 5, people he cares about lose their lives because of his actions. His relationship with jesse is tested to it's core and he finally decides to sacrifice himself.

Season 5 isn't about action or thrills it's about Walt and his relationship with people surrounding him. Him making those decesions even though he has money because he enjoys cooking meth. There's a lot going on in this season to set up a proper villain and those neo-nazis are just incidental.

>They are not the villains
Yes they are, they're just badly written. Stop making excuses for it.
On a more positive note season 5 DID have that train-robbery episode that was one of the best they've ever done.

This is correct.

No they are not. They are just goons, there is nothing special about them. They could have been replaced with any other gang, and that is intentional, it's not bad writing. After Gus there is no one to control Walt, there is no one giving him orders he's become free, but he chooses to cook meth anyway because he enjoys it.

The main focus of season 5 is Walt and how his decisions come to affect him in real way. So the neo-nazis are just consequence. You can't say you need to develop every character in a sophisticated way, because they don't need to be developed. You see it's about how they affect walt's life not vice-versa.

PS the only person that comes even close to being a villain in season 5 is Lydia

Selfie season 1 was pretty based.

>proselytizing Fargo S1 when S2 exists
go home pleb i've got it from here

Anybody who watched the last episode?

S1 is better

If season two was stretched two episodes longer for easier comprehension, you mongoloids would recognize which season was better. Caspere knew this.

>episodes 1-3 and 5-6 are good to fantastic (with 3 being my favourite)
>episode 4 feels like that of an entirely different show with the entire action thematics
>episodes 7 and 8 are much weaker in terms of both story and writing

I am not upset that the ending didn't go retard supernatural like some people apparently wanted, but the ending IS weak, especially when compared to the rest of the show.

The only season of a show I've watched that maintained a very high quality throughout was Spaced Season 1. Which is practically flawless.

Mad Men Season 1, 4
The Sopranos Season 1
Six Feet Under Season 2
Twin Peaks Season 1
The Simpsons Season 5
Freaks and Geeks

> They are just goons, there is nothing special about them
Yes. Badly written, half-assed villains.
>that is itnentional, it's not bad writing
I-it's supposed to suck guise!

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

DUDE EDGY ATHEISM LMAO

no

The Sopranos Season 3
The Wire Season 4
Mad Men Season 4
Friday Night Lights Season 1
Deadwood Season 1

Literally all better.

It's clear that you've lost the argument. If not you would've responded to every point I made instead of cherry picking one sentence and asking me to stop. Yes I do believe it is intentional. Rebut my statements line by line without juvenile name calling, then I'll concede season 5 is bad. So here you go

>not Mad Men S5
It's literally The Evil Dead without the plot device which are said evil dead stretched into 13 perfect installments. It's as close to the quick as television is ever going to get. What are you thinking?

You sound like an autistic Redditor.

>'my opinion is objective fact'
>likes lowest common denominator schlock
Come on, man...

It was good. Not the best ever (like one user said, there is no '#1 of all time' season of TV), but certainly very good.

am currently watching freaks and geeks for the first time
like as i type this out
I'm on the fourth episode
and i feel slightly mislead

Those Nazis saved Walts ass.

They took out those 7-8 snitches and killed two DEA agents which is not good not good for business.

They also took Jesse with the intention of killing him but reneged due to Todd.

They left Walt a barrel when they could have just killed him and taken it all.

Walt was the villain, don't ever thing other wise.

He sort of redeemed himself in the end by saving Jesse and telling his wife the truth but even then he was still the villain.

>(like one user said, there is no '#1 of all time' season of TV

That was me user, I also said season 5 of BB was the best.

you sound half retarded
but you're right

The ending was mediocre as fuck and felt like a last-minute change because HBO wasn't down with whatever the original ending was

what the fuck are you talking about
>this is the average person who praises mad men season 5, the season where horseface mccantact ate up hours of screentime and don had sex with every woman on the show in gratuitous sex scenes

Do you know what was supposed to be original ending?

No, I just said that's what it feels like.
It was a great show that felt fresh and interesting and then it turned into fucking Law & Order SVU during the last two episodes.

>Law & Order SVU

Really? I thought they handled super natural elements in the last episode pretty well

hookem.com/2016/11/22/charlie-strong-eulogy-matthew-mcconaughey/

>Half-retarded

Sorry, 20 MG of Valium makes typing a bit difficult.

Nothing in the last two episodes was handled well.

Good, but season 2 had better writing.

>]
Quarry S1
Madmen S4 S5

What supernatural elements? Rust having hallucinations isn't supernatural.

>no one as replied with >Sopranos season 1

It's not even bad but holy fuck it's not even top 3 Sopranos seasons

>and don had sex with every woman on the show

But Don was faithful the entirety of season 5 user you stupid retard

How many of there are you actually and how do I get out of this wretched outfit?

the first five episodes were pretty good
the rest, not so much

It's nowhere close to even being one of the best seasons of television this decade.

I'm seeing this a lot here on Sup Forums, is true detective that good?

how does it compare to breaking bad, westworld, etc.

>I'm seeing this a lot here on Sup Forums
hey newfag

and yes

good enough for me
thanks, I'll go download it now

not even top 5 mate

the last two episodes are pure garbage

went to shit

Not picking season 4

>lost
>good

If you forget that the second season was better overall.

True. Lost s03 was much better

>people unironically bring up sopranos

>the pinnacle of shit taste

Sorry friendo, seems you misclicked on your way to your favourite site, better head there now

>dude edgy opinions
>dude i dont sleep
>dude i do drugs
Wow rust is such a great character, say it again man

>Deadwood
>great
TOP LEL MATE
Deadwood is for tasteless snowflakes, if it was popular you'd see it as the trash it is.

Holy shit.

I was with you until BB

Here's some greats
>The Sopranos, any season but 7a.
>Generation Kill
>True Detective 1 (and I believe 2 is a masterpiece in its own way)
>Mad Men s4 &5
>The Wire s2 (1+3 and maybe 4)
>The Americans season 3
>Halt and Catch Fire season 1
>The Night of
>Fargo season 1
>Twin Peaks s1
>

>it's a pleb got bored during greatest series ever post

It's overrated as fuck. It's way too long if you compare it with what actually happens in that time. It's so drawn out it's funny.

>muh plot

Neck yourself plebbit

Get out of here, it has 6 seasons and the seasons have way too many episodes. It's soooo drawn out it's ridiculous. 99% is filler.

>it's overrated as fuck
>It's so drawn out it's funny

LMAO I bet you think The Test Dream, College, University and so on, don't move the 'plot' forward are filler.

There's a reason why The Sopranos tops the greatest shows of all time lists everywhere. And there's a reason why the Writers Guild of America have given it the NUMBER ONE spot on the greatest written shows of all time.

You have to go back

Still more interesting than the stereotypical characters of season 2, which happens to end with a big "fuck you" because muh hbo drama

If you need more than 13 episodes in a season to get the point across, you fucked up. One season had like 21 episodes ffs, that's way too much.

That was season 6, and it was shown in 2 parts, 6 or so months apart: 6a and 6b.

I'm convinced you're trolling because Sopranos isn't about happenings, it doesn't take 13 episodes to 'get its point across', rather it glides through 13 episodes of some of the most stunningly complex deconstructions of the characters and life itself. Chase isn't interested in plot, he's interested in ideas.. He'll kill the 'big bads' mid season, like Ralph, because they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. You're clearly out of your depth.

You have to go back.

Halt And Catch Fire Season 1 and 3

>>Mad Men
>tfw You'll never watch through Mad Men for the first time again

lol

I can, haven't seen a single episode. FeelsGoodMan?

I dont underqstand this love for Sopranos Season 1. I thought the production qualities and the actors were excellent, but theres so much other stuff going on I felt like it kinda dragged on. For example the whole drama between Carmela and the priest was nothing special yet got so much focus. I just cant see Season 1 being god tier all. Im just starting season 2 but it still feels just above average.

It's actually antinatalism

John from Cincinnati. All y'all niggaz can go home.

Game of Thrones season 1 is. Pretty clearly even.

It might be if the ending wasn't a total rip off. Pizza a shit.

Sopranos season 5

The Sopranos is a cartoon on par with Tom and Jerry. Non-characters that only serve as triggers for regular acts of violence.

>2 washed up ex-moviestars who cant score roles
>le edgy tv series muh satanism muh pedo stuff muh incest redneck family muh acting chops

Be for real man, it was every cliche and then some

*tips fedora* level trash

The Young Pope just overthrew it.

>halt and catch fire season 1

My man.

ACTUAL BEST SEASON LIST COMING THROUGH

1. LOST season 1
2. Mad Men Season 4
3. Sopranos Season 3
4. Breaking Bad Season 4
5. True Detective Season 1
6. The Simpsons Season 4
7. The Wire Season 4
8. Twin Peaks Season 1
9. Deadwood Season 1
10. Band of Brothers

watching each episode live with my friends at Sup Forums was some of the top fun I had that year desu

Kill yourself.

There are only 5 seasons of Sopranos.

try disputing that my man just try

I'm waiting

did you not watch the last episode? it's anti-nihilism

Yeah, l especially liked the fact that the antagonist eventually had no motive to brutally murder people except for that he was le evil swamp man. Also liked how they fucked around for 10 episodes just to return to green paint unraveling everything. And how the ultra nihilist Rust literally saw the light at the end, wasn't cliché at all. Definitely the greatest season of all time.

It was pretty great, but not something I feel like rewatching.

I loved The Conspiracy Against the Human Race though. If you can say that.