Harry pothead

How the fuck didn't Harry end up with Hermione?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k2yE4DmwscM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 copypasta

He was cucked

>ywn get a stoner comedy slice of life harry potter movie starring me and my bros

why are you even still alive?

It would be really dull

none of your business poorfag

Actually it was quite literally because she was criticized for being so cliche. It was her attempt at saving face, but it didn't work as she still created one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

How

They were too competent and OP to be together. It wouldn't have made for a very interesting dynamic.

Well JK Rowling did end up regretting putting Ron and Emma Watson together. I think she said that she only did it because it was what she envisioned at the very beginning and felt the need to fulfill that vision.

I agree with her; Ron is way too dumb for Hermione.

Did you even read the books? Their personalities never indicate them being a good pair together. Ron and Hermione were set up from the start.

Harry shouldn't have ended up with anyone. He had way too much extra baggage for anyone to handle or even relate to.

well that makes me feel better

but ginny and harry is?

its been a while since ive read the books, watched the movies recently and couldnt help feel like harry and hermione wouldve been better (for me anyway)

gay and nerd

Why the fuck aren't you reading The Dichotomy of Prophecy? It's an original fantasy story by the author of A Cadmean Victory, one of the best HP fanfics.

Also why was the head of MASUCA WoC? MACUSA is a racist anti-progressibe organizaiton, a WoC can't lead that.

harry and hermione have zero romantic chemistry in the books, they are like a brother and sister almost.

Hermione and ron start giving off signs they like each other around the 4th book i think and it keeps that in untill the end.

It makes sense when you read it but I agree the movies removed all the chemistry so it ends up feeling forced.

>Harry and hermione have zero romantic chemistry in the books, they are like a brother and sister almost.
harry is also an asshole to her, jk rolwing is a shit writer

>It makes sense when you read it but I agree the movies removed all the chemistry so it ends up feeling forced
nah the actors had great chemistry its evident from chamber of secrets or azkaban on that they like eachother. in the last three movies they all had really good chemistry

fuck off right back to

>Ron and Hermoine were set up from the start

The fuck you talking about? They pretty much don't get on at all. It's only in Half Blood Prince that JK Rowling decided that they loved each other. Same with Harry and Ginny.

Of course the films do a lot more foreshadowing because they know how the story wound up.

Better question, why didn't he end up with pansy parkinson?

harry has small D

Not him but it was evident they sort of had a thing going, when a guy picks on a girl he usually likes her and they were playfully bickering lots, I knew from almost the onset that they would end up together, yes the movies did this too.

Then again Hermione hugged Harry at every opportunity and was touchy feely as fuck in the movies.

The only OTP is Luna X Me

True but they actually seemed like they appreciated eachother, hermione was also kind of like an overbearing mother at times. But she knew harry was a good person and likewise even if he didnt show it in the books Harry appreciated her always having his back with ron

They were very clearly a kind of brother/sister thing, pretty much from the get-go

Some user asked for this the other day
youtube.com/watch?v=k2yE4DmwscM

I never realized she was an only child too thats kind of nice

the movie really ruined the pairing because they made hermoine way too attractive

>because they made hermoine way too attractive
It just happened

Harry and Ginny were shit in the books and movies.
He should have gotten with Luna.

Thats why the movies are goat, the gods intervened

Leave it to a female writer to fuck up the romantic side of the story. A boy-girl boarding school and all Harry gets is a kiss from Cho Chang and ends up marrying the second girl he comes across. Typical woman logic fuckery.

t. looney fan
Ginny was shit in the books and movie though.

Thankfully i didnt care about more romance, just get on with it!

Too much history between two people can ruin a romance

The reason that people no longer get the Ron and Hermione pairing is because the movies color their perception, even if they read the books.

The directors purposefully made Hermione a stronger character. She has almost no flaws in the movies. In the books? She's socially awkward, often tactless (remember that scene where a girl's rabbit dies and she tries to use it as a point to prove something?) and anxious about failure to the extreme.

She grows, but the books even have times where she breaks down in exams and her boggart is being told she failed.

How do the directors fix this?

By leaving most of that out, and taking Ron's good moments to give to her. Then to give Ron something to do, they keep his character busy with idiotic reactions or slapstick stuff. In the books, Harry and Ron are at about the same level in their classes (with Harry much better in Defense, maybe just a bit better overall).

Harry is a big ball of angst at times and Hermione can't deal with the possibility of rejection or failure. Ron has issues with being second best at times, but the movies focus on his flaws way more often.

Holy crap you are salty as fuck with the complaining about hermione. shes a caricature and like ron is a comic relief character. her main deal is explaining stuff so of course shes gonna be used to explain exposition as much as possible because its easier to write. I enjoyed their portrayals in the movies more than the characters in the books. They both have their moments and both get btfo.

You are a salty Weasley the directors care about making a film which has diifferent necessities than staying faithful to all the shit JK wrote

Harry's relationship with Ginny was such awful writing
Like suddenly at the end he's all about that gingerminge

Hermione progresses during the films and is clearly insecure at multiple times, she is bullied and later on gets more confident but still is heartbroken by the yule ball and ron on hbp. She gets tortured by bellatrix for being a mudblood. She herself knows her worst trait is her overbearing and over the films she becomes more and more normal yes

>the monster in his chest

Possibly the worst writing in the entire bookseries

I don't have a tumblr, nor am I upset about pairings or whatnot so I'm not getting into a shipping war with you.

But what I said still stands, and you just made my point for me without realizing it. I am not saying the movies were bad or good for doing this, just that they did it. If people don't understand why Ron and Hermione got together, it was because the movies used different aspects of their characters in their portrayals.

That's great that you liked it more, but the books are the source. The books are why they got together. The movies always gloss over character motivations though, the skipped damn near all of Voldemort's back story to focus on relationships in the school in the 6th movie.

>salty
You're on Sup Forums you fucking troglodyte not your twitch Sup Forumseddit chat

Oh yeah, everyone develops, but it's often their relationship with each other that helps them pull through and grow.

write a fan fiction about it

harmione fags are cucks

I agree

I used it ironically and unironically sorry

It was a near impossible task of pleasing readers, i loved HBP the book i read it in under a day straight when it came out, but i also really enjoyed the film, even with things omitted, i feel like the adaptation was tight and theres different elements in movies than in book that you cant get with just the writing on the page or the script. To me the tone nailed the dread atmosphere and the good times sre about to end vibe of their last normal year save dumbledore dying. Im not in a shipping war if it made it seem like I care, I like Ron and Hermione. I never shipped Harry and Hermione but i like their strong friendship in the movies

It's because Rupert Grint grew up to be a doofy-looking goofball. Maybe when he was young that might have worked but not by PoA. Can you honestly imagine him being on equal footing with Harry because I sure can't.

>I used it ironically and unironically sorry
Consider going through with the suicide you've probably always thought about you fucking actual redditor from /r/emmawatson

Because Rowling saw the need to shoehorn that terrible epilogue that pairs everyone up nicely and everyone lives happily ever after. So obviously the movie felt the need to try to make that have more sense.

I fucking hated it too.

The movie made it make less sense though.

Ron and Hermione have been a thing (with relationship tension) since the 4th book.

>Their personalities never indicate them being a good pair together
Harry is a wealthy, famous sports star - he could have been fucking any broad at Hogwarts he wanted. He's basically Ronaldo if Ronaldo killed Hitler twice. In real life, Hermione would have been dying for some of that Potter wand.

this. Hermione isn't even hot in the books either.

Reminder that you will never suck on Emma Watson's beautiful toes

Lmao dude you have fucking problems, do you see?

shes a feminist.. theirs nothing to lose

Your post is good but your image is crap. L'étranger D'Albert camus is the shittiest shit i've ever read
Les misérables is pretty shitty too

Too add the trios relationship was really normal in 3 5 6 7 8. They were a little bitchy in 4 but besides that the relationships seemed real

She isn't even hot in the movies either though

She was cuter when she was young

Look everyone, the korean pasta poster is having the time of his life right now, he has no friends and hes shitting up another HP thread. She was a cumbunk in all the movies hot as hell

She looked like a gremlin(like most little girls) when she was younger, creep.
>the korean pasta poster
Explain

Hermione was a 10/10 in all the movies except the ones where she was 11/10.

>except the ones where she was 11/10.

Yes, 1 and 2

You couldnt stand out any less if you tried koreandick

For you but not for me

There was this thing in her face that she doesn't have anymore. It was easier to see when she was smiling. I don't know how to explain what it is.

Emma got better in each one fact

makes sense tho considering the actress is a sjw

This was one of my favorite emmas

Better than being an emma roberts cuck any day of the week.

>You couldnt stand out any less if you tried koreandick
I'm still waiting for the explanation.

dubs confirm

Ron got uglier by each movie to balance it out.

Why does the autistic koreanfag have to shit up every single thread?

Yea what happened to ginny though, she was ok in the fifth one but in the sixth one she looked 10 years older

Superior to Hermoine in literally every single way

Bump. Emma Watson the femnazi isn't actually your waifu, is she?

She suffered from a disease called being a ginger. There is sadly no cure.

you fucked up your post and you should feel bad looney bin

Why are you so obsessed over emma watson? You literally start arguments over her, are you ok?

lol xD rick and morty reddit

You have autism god damn I hope you kill yourself someday. Just bait your way to heaven or hell.

>Why are you so obsessed over emma watson?
I told she wasn't even hot in the movies and then some schizo called me Korean.

I guess you're right

She was hot in the movies guaranteed your likes in actresses look like shit to anons

>She was hot in the movies
But she wasn't, she looked like an extra. Is English your second language?

Emma was hot as fucking shit in the films. Don't worry about the shit tasting kid who is gonna come on Sup Forums and say emma watson wasnt hot. Fucking hilarious.

>potato face

>throwing LotR into the same tier as Harry Potter and ASOIAF
This has got to be the most obvious bait ever. Not only is the writing miles above either, the world building has yet to find its equal. At least put some effort into your bait.

the entire thing is stale bait, regardless of the writing which is very good the themes are still vanilla tier

>garbage written by some old white man in the trenches in ww1
>good

>tfw to intelligent to enjoy anything Harry Potter related aside from Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality

feels bad man

whats with all the HP threads lately?

Fantastic beasts shilling

People actually enjoy the, compared to capeshit and star wars episode vii etc
Nobody is shilling directly it indirect.

Make real sentences faggot

Typos and not caring enough my bad. I meant 'people actually enjoy them' and 'Nonody is shilling directly it's indirect'

18+

Shills and capeshitters watching something else other than capeshit. This spam and FB is definite proof that Sup Forums has been lost to the upvote tumblr "nerd" culture. /film/ or somehow getting everyone that used to post here before 2012 back at once is the only way to save us from being even lower than Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

>Harry Potter and the Methods of Autism

/film/ is never going to happen, there are people who like HP and dont like capeshit, I'm one of them.

At least these thread sometimes have discussions, star wars threads and capeshit threads talk about nothing

There is no difference between the two, shill. In fact sw, hp, capeshit is all part of the same infantilized manchild(or womenchild in the case this shit) "I'm such a nerdxD" cultural degeneracy

I'm not a shill faggot and I'm telling you my personal likes. I hate star wars especially episode vii and I dont watch capeshit and mad max fury road etc. I like LOTR and HP though. I can tell you've probably made this same 'infantilized' post a dozen times. You can stop fighting things that are popular anytime. You dont have to like them neither is liking any bad. We probably have films in other genres that we both enjoy.