UNTOPIA

This is the new Bjork album.

Untopia is the manic-depressive, inward thinking, experimental, commercially unviable, “black” album that Bjork never made. This will be a remix album à la The Death Of Pablo.

There is a massive wealth of amazing and untouched Bjork source material out there that should all be used to make this; take from any albums or era of Bjork as long it works with Untopia.

Here is the track list (open to change). Every song is exactly 10 minutes long.

1. The Gate pt. 2
2. Loss
3. Untopia
4. Body Memory pt. 2
5. Future Now

Each song will be a collage of submissions, however long they might be. Don’t post something obviously and purposefully shit. We will combine the best things into a song. Please don’t try to submit something if it isn’t quality.

The best ways to post are through clyp.it/ for smaller things and Soundcloud for larger things. Do not shill your other music, that is not what this is about, just make a another Soundcloud and have the music downloadable.

I will try to curate this as best as I can but others are welcome to help as well.

Anyone unable to make music could help with the album cover or just post some cool sound clips that could be used to make this.

Here is something brief I made to start us off with.
soundcloud.com/user-182823985/draft-1

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-182823985/draft-2
clyp.it/aemadwdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i wonder how many days it took to you to think / write all this dumb stuff

also the opposite of utopia is distopia retarded faggot

>distopia
perfect

Bork björk boo

youre dumb

bumping for best thread on Sup Forums ATM

dystopia?

I thought that "dystopia" was a little cheesy and to extreme of a word.

Untopia sounded good and like something bjork would actually use as a title to something, she has a history of making up words like that.
I am open to other suggestions though.

lmao "untopia" embarrassing af

bump

Here is something else
soundcloud.com/user-182823985/draft-2

Nobody else interested in doing a new collaborative album?

untopia sounds like a cheap lube for the anus

Isn't Vulnicura the dark half of Utopia?

awesome. im looking forward to this

seems cool to remix bjork, but why have it be dark? TDOP was dark and weird to contrast with how commerical TLOP is but utopia is already pretty weird. idk, i like the idea of remixing art here, it just doesn't have to follow the "dude make it scary" formula

Call it dystopia also bumping this I wanna see how it goes

Why would you lose your time doing this

more like cuntopia

a more interesting approach may be to strip it down or speed it up then

I don't think The Death Of Pablo was dark just because TLOP was somewhat commercial. I think it worked very well because doing a collaborative remix album with a very specific theme and a seemingly unapproachable sound made it glue together nicely, that is what I want in a collage.

I understand the "dude make it scary" thing might be somewhat of a trope, but it just works with bjork. And it works overall on a collage project full of remixes with narrowed source material.

You think that just a general "bjork remix" collage project would be better? I could see that working but there is a huge danger of it becoming just a joke album, to many memes if you get my drift.

I mean, don't let me direct your own art, but having worked on TDOP a lot I'd say don't constrain yourself at all in a collaborative setting. Accept everything and put it together, surprise yourself. The audience will construct meaning. Just make sure like you said it's not all jokey

I'm laughing so hard at untopia like pull out a dictionary antonyms are real lol

it's dystopia, for fucks sake.

clyp.it/aemadwdc

you can use this. Just something I recorded a while back onto my iphone, I ran my guitar through a shit ton of effects and played a drumstick across the strings to make a weird dark ambient soundscape thingy.

stop eating paint chips

please don't. the pablo one wasn't even bad, but it also worked with the style of the album.

BUMP

Bumping

>UNTOPIA

fyw UNTOPIA

@OP aint your name felipe?

guys....
guys
guys

hey guys

guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys

pss
hey
pss pss

guys:

ready.....?
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sup Forumstopia

yeah?

i know
right?

This project was fucked the second you decided not to call it distopia op. For shame.

Calling it dystopia is Overt,calling it untopia is Advanced

no untopia sounds stupid as fuck

psst

hey guys

hey
guys
hey

Pestering people about your stupid name idea isn’t gonna make them like it more now stop being so spammy god damn.

pssst

hey

hey (you)

check this:

(You)topia

that ones for (You)

Medulla already exists.

Alll this fucking plebs.

The chad UNTOPIA is a name at least 34 times better and more fitting than the virgin Distopia.

fuck off meme faggot

(You) should kill yourself

UGHNTOPIA would be CHAD

untopia is, well, micropeen.

sorry.

OH SHIT

GUYZ

CHADTOPIA

all fucking net

interesting idea but biting a bit hard off the death of pablo idea
good luck on making something interesting though, you definitely have lots of stuff to work with and this has potential.

Not only is Utopia arguably her most commercially unviable record to date, and not only is Vulnicura already the flipside of this album emotionally, but even without all that Medulla, Drawing Restraint 9 and Biophilia still exist. I'm not against a collaborative effort here but the theme is touching upon a bunch of shit that Bjork's already done.

if we are doing the opposite of utopia aka avatar and heaven
the theme should be a nuclear wasteland or a fucked up city taken over by militias

i suggest adding screams, crows, gas hissing and grime dubstep. the slow liquid wub wub wub could make that feeling

you could call it ANYWHERE

Give me a ten minute beat I can rap to.

>clyp.it/aemadwdc
pretty cool

hyeeeeeeeeeeeyYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
IVE goT A IDEA
GAY TOPPIA
ior GAY TOOOPPING
hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA jiimmy bestins get em!!! biggy buggo! ! ! ggggggggttomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

thats not very funny.

pootpoia.

now THATS funny

fucking lol

POOTOPIA!

or POOTOEPEE-AHH

ahem.

cough.

?