Now that the dust has settled, was it a good show?

Now that the dust has settled, was it a good show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYcOl33-mI0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hardly

Its existence sordidly lowered the standard for TV for generations to come. Welcome to the dark age of TV.

Overall, a fair bit above average. Season 1 really showed that dense dramas really need shorter season lengths rather than pushing 13-16.

It was fantastic and everyone who says otherwise on this board is just a tryhard edgelord contrarian

It had twists and turns, which people mistake for good writing. It was entertaining on accident, so it was artificially good.

Yes. One of the best.

>It was entertaining on accident, so it was artificially good.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If it was entertaining on accident then it's the opposite of artificial. It's naturally good. You're a fucking dumbass.

this is what happens when dumb people try to sound smart.

wrong

correct

I don't think you appreciate how inept the writing staff and creator was. Despite all their efforts, the show ended up fairly okay. It was a fluke.

It's ok but overrated.

Ten episodes max per season would have cut down on all the filler.

What filler?

Take out most of the shit with his retard son and all of it with his cunt whiney insane wife and yes. I always set it to 1.5 speed in vlc when it was just family drama or some eternal conversation. Sometimes 3.0 when it just went on forever.

Yes, it's great.
I loved it from beginning to end.

Yes. Faggot elitists will trash it because it had mass appeal, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Just because the majority of people don't have trouble following the plot doesn't make it a bad show.

The one thing that felt like filler to me was the whole "Marie being a klepto" thing, but I suppose it was necessary to give her and Skyler something to do during season 2.

Yet you post the unpopular fag Donald Trump

It's nice to see fascists the cry. They'll eventually win, and we'll be another neutered white country, but the win was nice.

Should have gone to prison to see what it would have been like.

Or are terminally ill people allowed to be in prison?

If you could yank her teeth out and fuck her smooth pie hole would you?

There is such a thing as compassionate release if you were thrown in jail, and later got terminally ill.
If you are terminally ill to begin with, the court is just very unlikely to send you to jail in the first place, but if they do its business as usual.

thats still the exact opposite of artificial you absolute cretin

This. Season 2 is paced like a glacier at times

it was good for the first two seasons

then it just became watchable fan service

[le contrarian post]

Real talk though; Jessie would have either OD'd within a month of the finale, or is in prison or is homeless sucking dicks for money.

AFTER THE ROLE OF A LIFETIME LIFETIME A LIFETIME

legitimately better than the sopranoe's

Close the dooooooooooor behind you as you leave.

It's good IMO.
It has a great direction, which is rare for a TV show

If most of Sup Forums shits on it, it's probably very good. Same as with everything else really.
I liked it a lot but another one of Jesse's GFs dying near the end was unnecessary and she was qt as fuck. He deserved a somewhat happy end with her

Jessie was the beat him while he's down character. I hate he got fucked over to the point of craziness. He's one of the more likeable characters of the show and he gets treated like garbage.

Is he really? I just found him incredibly stupid and annoying..
Yeah he was a good guy but still...

he was supposed to die in the first season, just get him into the business

but they kept him becuase he was a great actor for the part

he spent the whole show eating shit but not dieing

It was suburban Americans view of reality. Wasn't dark or gritty at all despite all the comical bad things that happen. The most "shocking!" moment in the whole show is when Walt Jr is forced to drink the alcohol in front of his cop uncle or when the woman married to the cop is found out that she's a thief.

It was alright, my problem is as the series went it became more focused on action set pieces instead of character growth. The series became too cartoonish by s5, Walt and pretty much everyone else became caricatures, and it constantly relied on cliffhangers and cheap shock value. You could tell Vince Gilligan was just making shit up as he went along. Overall it's a solid 7/10 but it comes nowhere near the depth and writing to wire/sopranos/mad men. It's overrated but good, just pulp entertainment

It was alright, my problem is as the series went on it became more focused on action set pieces instead of character growth. The series became too cartoonish by s5, Walt and pretty much everyone else became caricatures, and it constantly relied on cliffhangers and cheap shock value. You could tell Vince Gilligan was just making shit up as he went along. Overall it's a solid 7/10 but it comes nowhere near the depth and writing to wire/sopranos/mad men. It's overrated but good, just pulp entertainment

first two seasons were great

>Vince Gilligan was just making shit up as he went along

it was basically a long slow build up to nothing

>Wasn't dark or gritty at all
spoilers
youtube.com/watch?v=NYcOl33-mI0

>waah, if they don't like what I like it means they're contrarian

You're hugbox is around the corner you faggot

uh yeah? Him and his writing team that is

Lighthearted music playing in the background. No one cares what happens to men in prison. Literally getting raped in prison because you failed to pay for child support is a big hilarious joke.

Now if these were celebrities getting shanked in their million dollar homes then that could be considered shocking, dark and gritty.

Pretty much this with one addendum - it went downhill sometime after the middle and ended really bad. The first 3 seasons were indeed fantastic.

>tryhard
>edge lord
>contrarian
Fuck off please

What the fuck are you even saying?

How about in season one where Jesse fucks up melting Emilio and his slushy remains eat through the tub and splatter on the floor? Felt pretty damn gritty to me. I guess I'm just a wimp, I mean Emilio was a bad guy but it was still fucked

That's the point. Walt is toxic and fucks up everyone around him for his own ego. Jesse was closest to him, so he got it the worst

>It was entertaining on accident, so it was artificially good.

best post of the day

It was way above average. I don't think anyone can dispute this and if that doesn't make it good then I don't know what does

Jesse perfectly describes the whole show in the season 1 finale where he comments on Walt's choice on where they should meet with Tuco. The show is a "non criminal's" idea of what criminal life is. It's all just wish fullfilment of a working class man who lives an uneventful middle class life and imagines himself being a badass that rises up in the criminal underworld.

it's greentext newfreind
he's taking the piss

That's the point, he was a bad guy. This is the same tactics which allows Americans to invade and murder foreigners and feel good about it. Propaganda paints someone as evil and Americans think that when that person dies, it's a good thing.

t. Don user?

should have ended at S4 with his I won phrase. Last season is so fucking cringe

it was ok at best

Anything with a villian protagonist/antihero is automatically good
Prove me wrong faggots

s'alright.