rbt.asia/mu/thread/76377766/
youtube.com/watch?v=MnUAqGyFMo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for rate/help with this
clyp.it/umcb2tb0

bass vi is better than your instrument

>clyp.it/umcb2tb0
whats this from?

Is it bad that I prefer solid color to fancy tops?

No, solid colors will always look better than a green flame top or some glossy coffee table.

Malmsteen is truly the greatest guitar player

Give me the dark version of that. Matte grey or black body, rosewood fingerboard with polished frets and gold plated strings, mother of pearl inlays

better to go plain than have one of those egregiously tacky guitars like PRS makes

Reminds me of this faggot every time someone brings up ugly colors and prs

who /regret and selling soon/ here?
gas kicking up for something else now

“Music is win” even his name is cringy. Poor guy actually graduated from Berklee instead of finding a connection while in school.

I have a barracuda les paul copy with a removable neck. What are some fun things I can do with it? I've never done any guitar work before besides shoddy soldering

from my b-bedroom sir

The drums and synth sound much better, good job duder!

Bob Weir and Jerry Garcia

reminder that prs are ugly

Put locking tuners on it. Put TUSQ XL nut and String Saver saddles on it. Put 1m volume pots and no load tone pots in it for brighter tone; you can always back off the tone knobs when you don't want it bright. Put a tremolo on it. Bigsbys are classic and look classy, but Les Trem II's function better.

big boards

thanks man!

Pedal steel guitar player here. Let me tell you all something about the pedal steel guitar in case you're interested in getting one.

1. It's a pain in the ass to take anywhere, so forget about casual jams. It's a bit smaller but much heavier than a ~60 key stage piano; double necked steel guitars weigh well over 50lbs.

2. Nobody knows what the fuck it is. 19/20 conversations you have about your instrument will involve you explaining what it is and how it works. Resign yourself early to just saying 'it's a type of slide guitar'--even though that isn't exactly true.

3. Unless you live in Nashville, Austin, or know a person who can give you private lessons, get used to the idea of learning from videos. Fortunately, there is a fairly good DVD series by Jeff Newman if youre interested.

4. Don't buy one unless you really like country music. 90% of the instrument's utility is in the country genre. It /can/ play other genres, but it's not like piano or guitar where there instruction exists in every genre.

5. Unless you live in Nashville, Austin, or already know a group of musicians who are into the exact same music as you, be prepared to play with old timers. The college crowd (except in select cities) is not particularly interested in the type of music pedal steel is best suited for.

The bottom line is really just don't buy one. The allure of playing a special snowflake instrument wears off quickly when you realize you'll have very few people to play with anyway. If you like country music and don't want to play guitar, learn to play honky-tonk piano. At least then you'll be able to pivot to other genres when necessary.

Should my new guitar have 24 or 22 frets

some famous song has tht exact same melody

its so familiar

If you wanna get really wild there's Floyd Rose FRX.

Or was it a song that some rawk band in a movie played one time?

Would putting a longer neck on be a good idea? I already have a LP so I'd like to try something slinkier.

a standard strat has 24

youtube.com/watch?v=_3WZ4BaRz40

24, it's very important to be able to tap that high E when wanking in E minor

Make sure you get the scale right. UNless you get a specific conversion neck, you'll probably have to move the bridge.

Yeah, my Sufcaster copy. Fukken hate the wang bar sys.

bingo

and nice digits

>tfw no good non trem strats

>Poor guy actually graduated from Berklee instead of finding a connection...
Topkek!

are you guys laughing at adam neely?

i had to google who this is

he graduated from Berklee and now he plays covers at weddings

I'll take, "When is a Strat not a Strat for a thousand, Alex."

Man, my first ever guitar was a Barracuda strat copy my brother got me, still have it. Kinda cool to think back to how it all started

exactly
just want muh HH hard tail

Just block it or deck it and leave it.

i'm selling it

That works to, I guess

No but we probably should. We should laugh at Jared Dines and Stevie T, not because they’re funny but because their music never gets bought on iTunes, only joke songs.

just BLOCK it or DECK it and LEAVE it

i'm leaving it for someone else

kijiji.ca/v-guitar/takeshiwata/1310739756
This worth 900 dollars?

>spending more than $300 on a guitar

If you can afford it. If there was something like that close to me I would go.

You can learn everything they will teach you on youtube for free

I spend $3,000

The tools they'd have aren't free though. On the flip side, the tools probably aren't 900$ either. A teacher can respond to your mistakes though.

hope you're being ironic

>tele
vomit

Reminder that if you can't play it with a metronome, you can't play it

>how it all started
So you found fame and fortune with your guitar?

Damn...

dont be stupid, hes obviously talking about his imaginary life

What are you listening to, /gg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=oLhtvebuJyo

Rex orange county’s sunflower. This song has been in my head all week.

A longer neck would make the strings less slinky. A shorter neck would make the strings more slinky. I'm not quite sure there's shorter scale length conversion necks for Les Pauls. You could look on Google. Maybe you should try a Jaguar or a Mustang.

um excuse me but metronomes ruin my organic style of rhythm

Lol, no but it definitely sparked my passion for composition. After I got past the fact that I'll probably always feel like my shit isn't good enough, and to just constantly improve, everything got better

Also, you can't just put any neck on a guitar designed for a different scale length. If you do this you won't be able to intonate it accurately and you'd have to fill in the bridge holes and drill new bridge holes to do so. You need what's called a conversion neck.

GREAT fucking choice

>8 strings
vomit

>nig
ew

Whats up guys!!! Y'all miss me? I hope so, i need you to... I'm so needy of your attention

Hi roman

Only thing I've seen by this cunt is him trying to say the CAGED system is bad without giving any arguments and then saying 3nps system is what everyone should learn instead and hey I JUST HAPPEN TO SELL THIS 3NPS SYSTEM WHAT A COINCIDENCE. Yeah he seems like a cunt.

>roman
out desu

Holy fuck this album is literally everything i love about melo death metal. How do I learn to play in a style like this?

Lol have fun trying to be me again

>How do I learn to play in a style like this?
learning it
idiot

Romans address?

Wait. If you guys have had Roman's address why hasn't anyone gone out to kill him?

i can play to a metronome thanks

Learn 5 boxes learn 3nps learn all your inversions and done.

It takes people like 2 hours to knockover a post card display in a city of literally millions. Imagine the response time in shit pennsylvania. His house is literally worth less than 50k

Yeah but he shitposts on guitar forums so he must be doing something right

LMAO IMAGINE A SERIOUS CUSTOMER DOING SOME BASIC BACKGROUND CHECKING DOR A PRODUCTION COMPANY AND THEY SEE THIS!!!!

Whats the most underrated guitar and why? I say its the gibson hummingbird acoustic

how's this organ?
clyp.it/pyhjgc1x

wait what

But it has a built in junkyard

Oops heres pic related

I looked this up before. Looks like auditorium bookings amd shows. Not a bad living. Why the hate?

Damn

Hooboy that's a doozy I tell you what

Lmao it’s nice to put a face to the name

rbt.asia/mu/thread/76377766/
Good thread

youtube.com/watch?v=MnUAqGyFMo0

Bob Weir and John Mayer