This is way better than I remember it being. I'm only a few minutes in, and it already has amazing sets...

This is way better than I remember it being. I'm only a few minutes in, and it already has amazing sets, establishing camera shots, and atmosphere. Does Sup Forums agree that this is a masterpiece? I don't think science fiction has been done better in film besides maybe 2001.

The entire world has agreed it's a masterpiece for decades, you're the only one that just turned 17 and decided you're into "kino"

It's undoubtedly a masterpiece.

>I'm only a few minutes in
time to up your medication, if it's so good why did you open Sup Forums biatch

Alien 3 is close.

Alien is great, but The Thing is better at the genre (isolation horror)

Lol the sets in alien look cheap as fuck.

Agreed. And how many horror films actual get better when you watch them again? Alien is pretty much unique in this respect.

This.

GTFO plebs.

Wrong.

it was boring

>The Thing is better than Alien

Holy christ I forgot their were still people this pleb

pleb

Pleb

phoneposter pls

>masterpiece

Except some acting, it's perfect.

Very bad : Ash
Very good : The others
My man : Parker

>Very bad : Ash
'no'

absolutely

sefrtyukiljghfdsa

Alien is great, but it's not a masterpiece like The Thing. Alien is a horror film, whereas The Thing is arguably the only true TERROR film ever made.

Nah.

>The Thing

Overrated.

Fpbp.

The blu ray box set of all the alien flicks is worth the price. All the movies look phenomenal, and tons of bonus content. Scott's commentary is fantastic on alien, and based cameron does commentary like no one else.

It's a schlocky John Carpenter movie with a cast of low-rent TV actors. The makeup effects are the stars of the movie. It's good trash, but still trash.

Go jack off to the black penis that is xeno, you monkey lover you.

>muh metal teeth

It's just a tall negro in a rubber suit with a ridiculous head and some pipes coming out from his back.

>. All the movies look phenomenal

Problem being that Alien 3 is seriously one of the most boring movies I have ever watched no not worst but boring.

Alien Resurrection is absolute trash but I enjoyed it more than 3

You could literally say the same thing about Alien just being another 70s slasher except it's set in the future on a spaceship

Alien isn't really as much sci-fi as a slasher movie in space. It's very good at it, though. I agree that set design is phenomenal.

>getting this mad about it

the fucking ship takes FOREVER to land on the planet. At least three minutes of it landing. i swear to god what the fuck., hurry up

>boring
pleb

It is boring you just got a bunch of ugly ass chavs locked up in some generic looking prison that might be in whatever age, it makes no use of the fact that its set in the future

I can't agree. I'm one of those people that likes Alien 3.

And resurrection, minus the script, is pretty good. Technically, the cast, and i love Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Its just that quip filled weedon ensemble horse shit of a script that drags it down.

>BONUS SITUATION