Two F-16's crash in Georgia

>Two South Carolina Air National Guard fighter jets involved in training ahead of an upcoming deployment collided Tuesday night over rural Georgia, forcing both pilots to eject safely, according to a unit commander. The F-16C jets crashed in a heavily wooded area of Jefferson County, Georgia, according to Col. Nicholas Gentile Jr., commander of the 169th Fighter Wing at McEntire Joint National Guard Base near Columbia, South Carolina.

>The pilots ejected and were taken to a Georgia hospital for evaluation before returning to South Carolina, Gentile said. Authorities have located the bulk of the wreckage and do not believe anyone on the ground was injured, Gentile said. He said anyone who finds additional pieces of wreckage should not touch them for safety reasons but instead call police or the National Guard.
Gentile declined to discuss what led to the collision but said it occurred during routine training for the unit's air defense suppression mission. A lengthy investigation is expected, according to Brig. Gen. Roy McCarty, assistant adjutant general for South Carolina.

cnn.com/2016/06/08/politics/f-16-collision-georgia/

What's going on? We've lost six fighter jets in the past three weeks, just from crashes.

One word: DIVERSITY.

Serious the armed forces are a joke now. Under qualified retards getting into major positions and I bet they probably got a

KAMIKAZE PRACTICE

Navy and airforce don't accept people with ASVAB scores below 50.

God damned racist jets. Designed by white males for white males.

these (((crashes))) are clearly acts of aggression being suppressed

yeah.... only officers can fly jets guys

We are currently seeing high, unprecedented levels of ayy lmao activity, gentlemen.

Tell me, are YOU prepared for the intergalactic race war?

Also thats a lie, some dude in my basic flight got a wavier for his fucking 36

So...that's 4, FOUR, Air Force fighter frames that have crashed over the US in the last week.

Aim High, guys.

Whats going on is the elite have been weakening your military for about a decade now, they are in the last stages of their plan. The world will soon be at war, and you will fall.
Your country will break off into 5 regions.

The jets that have been falling are simple mental seeds, never has america doubted the might of their military, untill now.
The russians have done a fine job at turning the world pro russia, while america turned its citizens against itself

One can only hope

>What's going on? We've lost six fighter jets in the past three weeks, just from crashes.

The F16s are all arabs training. Lackland AFB looks more like Lackistan now.

Fourth fighter crash in 2 weeks. Are they using affirmative action for pilots now?

The higher ups are trying to crash old jets as a last resort to make the F-35 program a viable option. Such a fucking huge waste of money.

>muh F-22s too expensive, CANCEL the line!
>F-35s way better, order tons!
>spend billions on shit jet from scam company
>F-35s horrible in every way
>try to kill off A-10 over and over, congress saving it each time
>start missing inspections/install faulty components/pay off pilots to dump the bird
>see! old jets crash, we need F-35 more than ever! burn the A-10s and F-16s to the ground!

Airframes are getting old

I've been stocking up memes for just this moment. The intergalactic black market. I hope you're ready anons.

Relax, the F-16 is the most produced fighter jet, with nearly 5,000 worldwide. its not like there's a shortage.

Obama's military in action.

Isn't it difficult to crash F16s into each other while in flight?

And how do two F16s that crash into each other manage to eject the pilots safely in the split second it takes for them to crash into each other?

I work with F-16s and I am honestly baffled
ASVAB is meaningless anyway. Though come to think of it I'm not sure officers take it anyway

Actually my brother in law used to work on these plane until they laid off the entire maintenance wing with the military budget cuts. Now they hire contractors. They cost more and cut corners.

Isn't it 3? Two ANG F-16s and a Thunderhawk plane. The fourth was a Blue's Angel's F-18 I thought
Last time I saw Sheppard it was like that

If they were training for an airshow with close maneuvers I would understand, but jets colliding under ordinary training conditions is difficult to swallow.

Ejection seats are amazing. Rockets on each side with a fucking amazing computer and the canopy is designed to eject away toward the left. You can eject 50 feet from the ground and be good aside from the normal risks of ejecting IE damaging your spine or becoming a manlet
It was night flying but still yeah.

Accidents happen. Plus those F-16's are like 30 years old, at least some of them.

they're updated up the ass though

Sounds like bioweapons tests to me.
>gentile

Fucking retards who hate on the F-35 don't realize these were the EXACT same issues the F-16 program had, and it became one of our best multi role fighters.

Wall

That doesn't mean shit. These jets are getting old, we usualy only upgrade the software through TCTOs. We might be losing a jet from our unit because a huge crack on the canopy seal.

Airframes are old. Also, plenty aren't that upgraded.

F-16 is average and it didn't cost so much.
MiG-29 is Russian equivalent and was a better plane. Even MiG-23 could face F-16 with no problems, as post-CW tests have shown.

No the MiG-29 is the Russian equivalent to our F-15. Which it can't compete with.

Also source on the MiG-23 having no issues against the F-16 please.

So youre millitary budget is so big your pilots are playing chicken now?

Actually I redact that statement.

Nope, F-15 equivalent is Flanker family.
Can't find source now.