Easily in the top 5 (or 10) of 2016

Easily in the top 5 (or 10) of 2016.

Personally the best film of the year along with Arrival, Hail Caesar, Train to Busan, and Elle.

Only retarded Sup Forums crossposters and mouthbreathing corporate-dicksucking capeshit fans disagree, consider they were born plebs and will die plebs.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/441280/moonlight-barry-jenkins-intersectionality-black-gay-character
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>actual best film is never mentioned

I thought it was fantastic. I can definitely see how to some it's filled with cliched characters, but I feel like these types of characters haven't been told through this exact lens before and furthermore by a black director - they felt more authentic and layered to me than in many other films I've seen with similar characters. The authenticity of the gay experience in a community like that was also just so spot on to me. And on a technical standpoint, I find it less dazzling than most, but still a joy to watch especially for its budget.

I just have to say as a gay man, all of the absolutely minuscule details (there are DOZENS of these) that only someone who's ever struggled with their sexuality would know, really make this film resonate more than others. Yeah, you can say the appeal is "universal" all you want, but there was just something about this film that felt so damn real - the "homoerotic" tension in the third act nearly killed me, it felt so palpable.

Easily the best film so far(havent watched silence, and Jackie yet).

>Easily the best film so far
The best film of all the films?

Oh sorry, my bad, I meant ''this year''.

is this movie some black empowerment WE WUZ shit or is it actually compelling?

Alright, I'm interested. I'll check it out. Thanks for the write up.

I'll never watch that movie solely because of the poster

Also Hail Cesar was fucking terrible

Can you explain these minuscule details? I'm interested.

don't bother watching it
your videogame mind won't understand

Is there any studio that can keep up with A24?

Holy shit, the shilling is off the charts.

>your videogame mind
begone

>is this movie some black empowerment WE WUZ shit or is it actually compelling?
but its true
he won't be able to understand it

So it is

shut up FAG!!!

if you're racist enough to hate every movie with a black person then you are almost bound to hate this movie.
If you are mentally not a child then you should be fine

manchester by the sea was better

The Best Movies of 2016:

1. Moonlight
2. Manchester by the Sea
3. La La Land
4. Arrival
5. Hacksaw Ridge
6. Nocturnal Animals
7. The Handmaiden
8. Captain Fantastic
9. Hell or High Water
10. The Girl with All the Gifts

>another movie about americans
Fuck off

oh shut the fuck up

3. La La Land

LOL
O
L

>The authenticity of the gay experience in a community like that was also just so spot on to me.

so you liked it because you're a faggot and black. you could have just wrote that and saved us all some time.

>its and imdb drone list
zzzzzzzz

t. redditor

My top films of the year (so far):
Moonlight
Cameraperson
The Handmaiden
Hell or High Water
Arrival
13th
The Neon Demon
The Nice Guys
The Wailing
Train to Busan

Real list:

1. Deadpool
2. Capt. America: Civil War
3. Finding Dory
4. BvS
5. Suicide Squad
6. Dr. Strange
7. Star Trek Beyond
8. The Jungle book
9. Secret Life of Pets
10. Ghostbusters

Kys

>Train to Busan
utter crap

Is this the most oscar bait movie ever made?

>life and struggles of a poor gay black man

I'm glad people are already turning on Sup Forums less than a month after the election.

We may have lost the government but at least we'll win back Sup Forums because the contractions can't stay committed to any political ideology for too long.

Fuck off Soros.

The movie isn't Oscar bait. This isn't the latest Eddie Redmayne vehicle.

There's a lot of honest to god good filmmaking here.

It's great to think that soon posts like this will be ironic again.

>literally gay niggers : the movie

lmao really

>The movie isn't Oscar bait

bull-shit. I like the movie too but ffs it's about a poor, gay black dude. It's oscar bait

Once you faggots realize that you can't change the electoral college over night, you'll stop being paid to spam here.

The movie is great because it feels real and authentic. It's actually pretty condemning of the black community in their views on homosexual men. The nigga's own crackhead mother calls him a faggot. The dude who cottonmouth in luke cage is a very good actor, and is dynamic to watch. My only gripe with the movie is that he pretty much disappears from the movie after the first act, but even that felt kinda real because he probably got killed or locked up. I think I also may be in love with Jannelle Monae because she is just too fine. This movie is essentially "blue is the warmest color" for hood niggas and its pretty much a 10/10

Haha, I gave up on Clinton winning when she didn't get Florida.

Stop projecting, you insecure manchild.

I'm just glad that this place won't be a safe space for mouthbreathing white nationalists because that's gone mainstream.

As Don Cheadle says in Ocean's 13 "You don't pull the same gag twice. You pull the next gag." This place is going to transform itself again.

I hate Sup Forums, but I hate more is newfag redditors like you, now fuck off faggot

>It's actually pretty condemning of the black community in their views on homosexual men.

Why do the jews want the blacks to like the faggots so much?

Watch the movie.

Oscar bait is a movie that usually has little artistic merit and is simply calculated by a production company to give them prestige.

This is actually a really good movie.

But I thought boyhood was the most oscar bait movie ever made user
or will la la land be when it doesn't pander to your plebness like whiplash did lmao

nationalreview.com/article/441280/moonlight-barry-jenkins-intersectionality-black-gay-character

Reminder that the actual gay black critic saw right through this pandering trash.

I've been here since 2008 and remember a time before Sup Forums was the defining board of Sup Forums. We've been living under occupation since 2013 so it's understandable that you wouldn't remember but I've seen Sup Forums transform itself multiple times.

This place has a tendency to eat itself.

>reminder that le ebin contrarian only Sup Forums takes seriously didn't like this movie

Ftfy

Where's Sausage Party?

Not him, but you guys seem to have different understandings of the term. Sure when you describe the plot like that it sounds like a movie custom-made to rake in Oscars, but the film has a real indie feel to it, and many scenes are either too minimalist or too artsy for the typical Oscar crowd. Some voters might feel alienated by the personal, intimate direction of the movie.

based armond does it again

The only people worse than Sup Forums are faggots like you.

>He likes Hail Ceasar, Arrival, Train to Busan.

Could you have a taste more fucking garbage than this?

>user wants to discuss actual movie for once
>thread must be a statement against Sup Forums

also
>"We may have lost the government"

Those are pretty good movies though

Faggot with shit taste like OP's can't distinguish cinema from garbage as it stands.

lol, can't talk shit unless we hear what your favorites are

well user? we're waiting

They're all fucking terrible sorry, watch more films.

>That format
Redditors leave

Oscar bait has nothing to do with being indie or any of the other bullshit you described. Oscar bait has one mission: to rake in Oscars. Films that are "Oscar bait" are those that appear to not have any other motive behind them but to cater to the Oscars and thus bask in the promotion they receive from it. Unlike the big summer and holiday blockbusters "Oscar bait" films primarily do their marketing through award ceremonies like the Academy Awards. Of course smaller ""indie"" films would be prime targets for this type of marketing.

They're not redditors. They're viral marketers.

You wouldn't be able to appreciate them if your taste includes Villeneuve garbage.

I want to remind you all that I'm simply pointing out that this place is in perpetual tumult. The group seen as the majority is always going to be the one on its way out.

This site is hopelessly contrarian and will absolutely do anything to remain on the bottom. The people that come here like being losers and will reject any one or thing that accepts them.

This is the fundamental psychology of Sup Forums.

You have to go back lad, this thread is was actually having some good discussion, but of course someone had to blame the 'pol boogeyman'

"The birth of a nation" is nigger oscar bait. "Moonlight" is nigger kino

That's not what I meant. The movie is practically slice of life which would probably bore most people familiar with the typical tropey narrative structure most real oscar bait movies use.

A movie could be a 3 hour static shock of somebody staring at a wall ala Wavelength, but according to you, if it was a black, trans negra from the ghetto, it would somehow be oscar bait.

Arrival is great though. Honestly, one of the best movies this year.

Hail Ceasar is mediocre, and the worst Coen brothers film after Ladykillers. Can't say anything about Train to Buscan because I haven't seen it.

t. Blacked poster
Go home Jamal

What's funny is that in my experience, the ones that post about "redditors" often are the ones that visit reddit the most.

I do not have posted maybe on thing on reddit in the last 6 months and that was a troll of r/criterion.

I learned about Sup Forums during the first Habbo raids and have been on Sup Forums regularly since 2008 in high school.

I've been a tripfag, an user, I pretended to be Shane Carruth for a few months on here. I started some minor memes, authored a few copypastas.

So please, from the bottom of my heart, go chug Steve Bannon's cock and blackmail him with it.

itt: cucks

It's for white people who want to feel good about themselves.

You can read what I said (I assume). I didn't blame Sup Forums. I'm pointing out something about the psychology of the site.

Besides, this is bumping the thread. Everyone can, and probably is ignoring me beside you.

>redditors leave
>literally with an image he saved after the fact that reddit took over this board

>hail cesar
>arrival
go damn this is why you will never get /film/

>The Redditor is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Redditor and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Fuck off you forgposters holy shit, you make me sick. You are reddit

>nigs have the highest HIV rates of any race
>gay nigs have a 2 to 1 chance of getting AIDS
>hey lets make a movie that celebrates these disease vectors that have denominated entire black communities with their butt plague

LMAO Trump landslide 2020, keep pushing hard left you fucking idiots

I'll give you Arrival, but Hail Caesar was made on film :^)

Let me ask you Friendo, do you know when I durn to ya?

>potato nig from Sup Forums
>and again an image he saved after the fact that reddit invaded
Tourist OUT NOW

decimated*

Post your best films

You talking to me, fuck boi?

>trying this hard to be contrarian so you can fit in

You have to go back

>call him a Redditor and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
I don't even go on Sup Forums
>>>/reddit/

Persona
Sans Soleil
A Brighter Summer Day
Woman in the Dunes
Zerkalo
L'eclisse
Network
Ran
Apocalypse Now
Army of Shadows

>I don't even go on Sup Forums
Then how do I know you're a piece of reddit irish pleb?
"Fuck off to plebbit you kike shill "
What did you even mean by this?

Great list, but I'm specifically talking about 2016

So many faggots in this thread getting triggered by people's taste (more likely a couple samefags). Is a top ten list really akin to driving needles under your skin?

1. Sing Street
2. Arrival
3. Swiss Army Man
4. Everybody Wants Some!!
5. The Wailing
6. The Witch
7. Hacksaw Ridge
8. The Lobster
9. Moonlight
10. Zero Days

I'm talking about the purposes of promoting films through accolades. It could literally be about anything, but if its primary purpose for existing is to be promoted as an oscar nominee or winner (or whatever other awards), then that makes it an oscar bait picture. Usually the types of films they go with are about social issues, biopics, historical dramas, etc, because those films have no other way of being marketed to a mass audience other than through oscar recognition. And a lot of them are not even passion projects, they're equally as soulless as the big blockbusters you loathe so much. You seem to really be stuck on this idea that because it has a "slice of life" narrative it would bore people (and for some reason that makes it automatically not an oscar bait?) but then 12 years a boyhood was one of the biggest oscar baits of all time. Again, it's all about the promotion and marketing of these movies that make them oscar baits.

There is 0 taste in liking crap like Villeneuve or Swiss Army Man.

Watch more films

fuuucking hell this is a terrible list
i'm really happy it a separate spoiler for each one like i originally thought it was going to be, other wise i would have been writhing around on the floor in disgust

Just curious, do you have autism? All of your posts stand out as re-using the same few words over and over again. It would explain a lot.

It is so that a simpleton that likes insulting trash like Villeneuve understands what is the issue.

When you signal you like Arrival that much it by transitive property means you are a mouth breathing retard with double digit cinematic IQ

I haven't been able to watch that many films this year. What else should I check out?

>"Fuck off to plebbit you kike shill "
I didn't even say that. Nice try plebbitor.

So that's a "yes" to the autism question?

>9. Hell or High Water
Answer honestly user, are you a woman? I am excited for La La Land tho. I can't see it till it comes out on a rip tho.

Train to Busan was trash though

It was a pretty mediocre film but I can see how numales think they are watching great cinema when they see le epik fuken heist opening and le brooding sad men and shit tier edgy dialogue

is that faggot film? lol

even black guys are commenting on how this film is just an agenda pushed by the elite to emasculate the hetero negro.