Has Voldemort always been evil? It didn't really seem like it when he was a kid, just confused

Has Voldemort always been evil? It didn't really seem like it when he was a kid, just confused.

If not, I think it was a missed opportunity to have an event that shaped the Voldemort that is present in the HP series.

Note: I haven't read all the books or seen all the movies.

Wasn't Voldemort absolutely terrified of ever dying? I believe he wanted to never die.

Go home manchild

>wanting to have a clean pure race of wizards
>""""""Evil""""""

Well he literally couldn't feel love due to having been conceived under the effects of a love potion so he was sort of evil and lacked empathy by default from birth.

No, Tom wasn't always evil, unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Sup Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

It's hard to say honestly. I think one thing he and we know for sure is that he was in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. The episodes following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!" I say
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

The "evil vs good" thing is not my concern. It's whether he was one or the other since always, or after a certain point.

>due to having been conceived under the effects of a love potion

Is this in the books? I don't remember seeing this before. Pretty interesting though.

Seriously? JK Rowling is a real hack.

Voldemort was never evil from start to finish. He just wanted to preserve magic in the world by not mixing magical blood with muggle blood which over generations would cause an extinction of magic.

Also he wanted to stop having to hide his obvious superiority to humans. Magic would be able to help humans and the world, but not if its forced into the shadows.

>tl;dr Voldemort did nothing wrong

fucking kek
i don't know whats worse, the bottom one being done by multiple people or the top seemingly done by one archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1468243527149/

>pretty interesting
>hack

Bravo

I'm fairly sure it's in the books, yeah.

Voldemort a good boy. He dindu nuthin.

I've seen other anons besides me post the top one, sometimes they change the image. Other times they don't change the first sentence.

if voldemort was a nigger and the muggles he wanted to kill whites, he'd be considered an equality activist

What this user said. On top of that, however, he was also raised in an orphanage without any parental figures in his life. He was also incredibly skilled with magic from a young age, which made him arrogant and conceited and convinced him that he must have had some sort of noble wizard ancestry. His investigations into his past, however, lead him to discover that his father was actually a muggle. So basically you have a dude who's one of the greatest wizards of his generation, lacks the ability to love and empathize with others and who has a massive inferiority complex due to his impure birth. All of these lead to him projecting these issue into the wizarding world and seeking to restore the pure bloodlines.

White Snake Lives don't matter, didn't you get the memo?

What is with all the tumblr: the movie threads?

>5 > 8

Considering he killed as a teenager? Yes

I liked it more on rewatches. Ive seen anons rank it higher. Also did like 8 more the last time I saw it than originally.

That's fucked up

But why did he lose his nose?

sneks dont have a nose m'lord

Yes.

Slytherin lineage is objectively evil always as its written

His daughter is evil too

Voldy had a kid? omg with whom?

Voldemort was almost always evil. He tormented his fellow orphans when he was a little kid, murdered one of his fellow students when he was about 15 or 16, murdered an old woman shortly after graduating. As early as the age of 17, he was asking his teacher about committing murder as part of a ritual to gain immortality.

This isn't one of those "good kid who tragically turned evil" stories. He was a monster from day 1.

Why did he kill a fellow student and an old woman?

With Hermione, Ron is a cuckhold

He ordered the Basilisk to start killing muggleborn kids as part of some insane plan to "purge" the school. It killed one, then he realized that he might get caught so he ordered it to go back into hiding.

The old woman was unlucky enough to possess a magical item that he wanted, and when he asked for it she refused to give it to him. So he poisoned her and stole it.

Serious question. How did he go from looking like a normal human to a lizard looking nigga without a nose?

Really, atlas shrugged ruins this bait so hard.

>deny non humans wands out of fear they might become more powerful
>treat goblins like 2nd class citizens
>wizards own elves as slaves
>Voldemort says pure bloods only
>WOAH MAN WAY TOO FAR HE MUST BE STOPPED

He was a psychopath since child. Not too evil at first but he developed like that with the years.

oh you

where did the basilisk come from? did he summon or create it?

the real question
>pic related

its a metaphor for being in the dullest franchise in the history of franchises

That was part of the original bait, m8.
It's run stale now, but people posting it used to pretend that it was high literature hated only by reddit when people inevitably gravitated to it.
It was the secondary device in their IED of bait

Horrocruxes take out people's humanity. The more horrocruxes you have, the less human you look.

yeah like... all the elvs that work in the kitchens of Hogwarts, are they even paid a living wage?

LOL I love the imaginary world building better than the story

>where did the basilisk come from? did he summon or create it?

It was already there. Have you seen any of the movies or read any of the books?

Slytherin put it there

His ancestor Salazar Slytherin put it in there to kill muggles

Only his kin could unlock it. Hence why Voldy could

Also voldy had a kid with bellatrix

umm it was a long time ago. thanks for answering my questions though

...why does Hogwarts keep all sorts of dangerous things around the property. it's not like the basilisk was serving an educational purpose

Are you sure you read the books

it was a magical school made by a couple of wizard cunts a while ago

1) For general disregard of common sense, pic related

2) They didn't know the basilisk in particular was there. That's the whole point of the chamber, m8. Slytherin was a bit of a cunt and hid it there, since not even wizards are retarded enough to keep them lying around.

They put the school right by a forest called the Forbidden Forest. A school for children and teens, wtf?

>a magical school made by a couple of wizard cunts a while ago
yeah that's it innit

>So he poisoned her and stole it.

Couldn't he have just stolen it?

Where's the fun of that?

>wanting to cause harm to people because of magical powers
>not """"""""""Evil""""""""""

I see. So I suppose still being a child is how to make these books and movie palatable. As an adult, I see how completely retarded some of the explanations are.

Thanks anons!

>that voldemort is so hot rn

Maybe he just should've bought it off her? Or hypnotized her with a spell?

Not thinking about it pretty much is the best way round it.
The vast majority of it falls apart with a bit of thought, and the patchwork job of retcons/"clarifications" made after the fact only makes it worse

Holy fuck no wonder he's an evil bastard. Bet he had the smallest penis too.

Killing is safer. No witness.

No way, his peeper would be Basilisk tier
>Mr Fiennes' wand pic related

Harry did I ever tell you about Salazar Slytherin?

He was one of the founders of Hogwarts and a very powerful wizard. He also hated muggles so much that he left Hogwarts because they allowed muggle born wizards to be taught there. But not before he put a giant snake in the teenage girls bathroom to kill them. His last living descendant known as Voldemort unleashed this snake on the school and it killed a 14 year old muggle girl. We all mock her now because she complains so often about being the victim of a hate crime in her teens you see.

Also his school produces a ridiculous number of evil wizards that constantly start wars based on muggle genocide. In fact nearly all of Slytherin school wanted to join Voldemort when he assaulted Hogwarts and killed countless wizards.

But we still keep Slytherin and act like its a misunderstood school.

They are good friends

still unfunny garbage

Bodies are a mess and big thing to hide

>His last living descendant known as Voldemort unleashed this snake on the school and it killed a 14 year old muggle girl. We all mock her now because she complains so often about being the victim of a hate crime in her teens you see.
oh god, you DO have to be a literal child to think these things are any good

Not when you are a wizard with giant snakes as pets.

so how do we know he killed this little old lady?

They also never asked her how she died.

Ah, Albus, is it?
Yes, sorry you had to suffer under that one too, but your father meant well, and I could hardly correct him from this portrait, could I?
Did I ever tell you about your father, incidentally?
Well he was part of my ultimate plan to stop Tom Riddle, a boy who became a sociopath due in part to his upbringing in a cold orphanage, where he had no friends to speak of and nobody to explain the implications of his emerging power
So, knowing this, I sequestered your father in a home with his abusive aunt and uncle, where he was treated like an outright freak. Given that he even had a splinter of the most evil man who ever lived in him the whole time, it's amazing he came out as well as he did, come to think of it.

And he was a good friend

This shit was creep

again
>still unfunny garbage

>couldnt even take over a fucking highschool
İs voldemort the most pathetic pop villain yet?

>never talk to me or my oneitis's son ever again
what did he mean by this?

???????????????????????????

HMMMMMMMMMMMM reallly make u think

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

>He was also incredibly skilled with magic from a young age, which made him arrogant and conceited and convinced him that he must have had some sort of noble wizard ancestry. His investigations into his past, however, lead him to discover that his father was actually a muggle. So basically you have a dude who's one of the greatest wizards of his generation, lacks the ability to love and empathize with others and who has a massive inferiority complex due to his impure birth.

But he actually does have noble wizard ancestry. He's the direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin.

He did and he took over the ministry

This is wrong.

Slytherin's direct descendant is the person who fled to North America and started the school there. She also married a muggle.

This was added after wards because Rowling admitted she made Slytherin to evil

Same with Merlin and Mad Eye being muggle loving Slytherins

prosthetics issue forced the nose removal.

Pretty sure they said in one interview that there was a problem with the make up,so they switched to noseless Voldy. They put dots on Fiennes's nose to CGI the removed nose

1.Non humans are not denied wands. They just don't use them, and most cannot use magic like wizards or house-elves do.

2. Goblins fought wizards in many wars and lost. That's why they are treated as they are, and they treat wizards with contempt

3. House Elves depend on the magic of a wizard house in which they are bonded to survive. They can't survive without being "slaves".

>3. House Elves depend on the magic of a wizard house in which they are bonded to survive. They can't survive without being "slaves".

Just because Dobby got killed off for no reason doesn't mean you can pull shit out of your ass.

Yes, he was born evil. That's literally canon.

You made half of that shit up

Wasn't in the books ore Pottermore

Tertiary syphilis.

If you're an asshole sociopath with delusions of grandeur, balls deep in blood purity, and suddenly you're told you're half a muggle, and your whole environment is brimming with blood purists, would you suddenly become a muggle lover or would you double down on your muggle-hating ways?

Considering my parents were fucking assholes who abandoned me, it would only cement my worldview.

>Considering my parents were fucking assholes who abandoned me

His father was raped and escaped before Tom was born, he did nothing wrong. His mother died in childbirth.

Rowling made some attempts to give Voldemort depth but really he was just an insane fuck who happens to also be extremely powerful.

To be honest im fine with that