Ol' faithful finally died. I've gone through 3 of these pieces of shit already...

Ol' faithful finally died. I've gone through 3 of these pieces of shit already. Whats the best mp3 player that has a shit ton of memory?

just stream shit

Fuck no, thats terrible

oh shit my bad I forgot this is Nu/mu/. OMG I WANNA FUCK THE HELL OUT OF CHvRCHES AND HOLY FUCK I JERK OFF TO DEATH GRIPPS, SO PATRISH. There now give me alternative mp3 you stupid fucks

gen 1 fiio x1
>cheap
>128gb micro sd
>drag & drop with any computer, no software
>flac, aac, mp3
>line out
>sounds quite a lot better than Ipod
>very good build quality
>metal casing
>physical scroll wheel & buttons
>generic micro usb cable for charging & transfer

The battery life is not amazing (its alright though), it will go dead if you don't turn it off (no good standby mode), the battery indicator is worthless, interface is a little clunkier than a classic.

Overall I highly recommend it, especially if you have nice headphones/stereo. Look into their other models too, although i can't speak to them.

I have Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and 16 GB(gigabytes) store. 4 years.
I just convert everything at OGG 196 kbps.
lol

I usually just convert my library of 320s to 192 MP3 (to save space, i have 20,000) they sound better than ever

unironically the best media player ever

I normally just upload my flac to youtube and stream them on the go, sounds great

I second this. I have one and it's amazing. Comes with a cool hardwood sticker too.

If you need more convincing, watch that review by the old dude in his hot tub

>sounds quite a lot better than Ipod
Regardless of your opinions about capacity, UI, segue capabilities, organisation style, and price, I'm going to call this out as balderdash. Especially if you're using earbuds or cheap headphones. The sound cards just wouldn't be different enough, and most likely were sold by the same company anyhow.

ive been thinking about doing that but i dont have YouTube red right now

This got me laughin

sansa clip or sansa+ my nigga

they're like $20-30, have microsd storage and they're drag and drop and have pretty solid battery life. also tiny like ipod shuffle/nano size

but they don't scrobble

>caring about plastering your music tastes on anonymous websites
No.
>>>/chart/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/cyanide/

it's completely private. i do it do archive what i listened to when and i actually like the recommendations algorithm

Eh, it's just my experience that it sounds clearer with a better soundstage than my last classic. Look it up if you really want to know, rather than assuming or going off my 1 opinion. I could just be memeing myself i guess, but I do have a nice stereo and reasonably nice headphones. It definitely sounds better than my computer, which i can directly compare, unlike my fucked ipod.
The difference, if any, would be moot with cheap headphones/ speakers though, sure.

Also, regardless of comparing how an mp3 file sounds, fiios can play 24bit FLAC

you must have been rough in it, mine still work fine, did you load a ton of videos without reducing the filesize or something

An Android phone with a 128gb microSD.

I have the new Sony Walkman. It has Sim Card storage (mine is 192GB) and plays FLAC and virtually any audio file.

It's really not, get yourself an Aiwa Exos 9 and use whatever streaming service you want and it will sound good okay? you will like it. thank you so much

no it fell out my pocket at work today, so its doing this clicking noise while showing a red X

keep restarting it. worked for me for over a year until it died for real

I bought an 80GB Zune secondhand in 2011, got it refurbished after the screen broke a few months later (back when that was still a thing you could do) and it lasted through 5 years of daily use. The last year or so the hardware started to fail- it'd freeze a few times a day, and after a certain point no computer would recognize it so I couldn't put any new songs onto it, but it held up way longer than I'd expected.

you could probably replace the drive

you can buy iPod classics refurbished with solid state flash memory like 80gb or so on ebay from china

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions in the music community regarding the differences between 320kbps mp3 and FLAC format. It is true that 320kbps is technically as good as FLAC, but there are other reasons to get music in a lossless format.

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

fuck I didn't know I was supposed to store mp3s in cold environments it's fucking hot in india, im gonna try to redownload my musics in flac

kek

its expensive as shit to even buy a replacement drive let alone labor

I haven’t seen this copypasta in a while

your phone
get a good music player app

I went through 3 of these. They were all great but none of them lasted over 2 years. Would still be getting them if they made them. The interface was immensely superior to ipods

This. Simplest solution. I use Google Play Music too.

why not just use the default music player app?

just for the sake of it, if you are using android and are 100% sick of the music player apps in the play store, there is a version of sony's WALKMAN app that works on any android without root, 19/19 would recommend.

I feel the same.

F

I'm currently using my last one. Wish me luck.

As am I user.
that feel it could die any day...

Offical support says you should put it in disk mode and restore it with itunes.

I once dropped the first 160 gb classic (the one with two 80 gb hard drives in it) and had the same problem as you and this helped (copied from somewhere else):

"Some times when you drop your ipod the lens inside skips. (kinda like a record player) reset your ipod by holding the middle and menu button until you hear clicking. then with one hand hold the ipod firmly and hit the side of it onto the PALM of your other hand. Sometimes this jumps the needle back into place but not all the time."

It only worked for one of the hard drives (the other was most likely "really" broken from the drop) and because of this the ipod was unusable, but it fixed the red x and the clicking noises.

Every time I get a new phone I repurpose the old one as a music player. Current player is my old Galaxy 4.

In a similar boat here, but thinking of getting an iPod B&W with SSD from eBay.

Did the Zunes have good DACs? Never had one but they look comfy, might be willing to try.

cringe

Had a sansa clip+ for 4-5 years until it stopped working. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

where the fuck can i find one of these that cheap

Replace the iPod hard drive with an 500GB SSD and put rockbox on it you technologically illiterate consumerist.

why? does your new phone not play music or something?