>MMA is a sport

Nah in a league the number 2 would fight the number 1

>MMA is a sport

it's a soap opera for guys who have grown out of WWE

I think that UFC is a sport

wtf i love ufc now

No. and neither is vaping and """""esports""""" or video games

>esports
In the beginning we had sports. Then along came video games, and eventually, we got video games about sports. But now, we have "sports" about video games, so does that mean we're headed towards video games about sports that are about video games? Like DOTA Tournament 2k18? Scary thought tbqh

why did you post the roast?

Jesus Christ its the end times.
youtu.be/rOI4beqmvx4

Masvidal won the fight

Is EPL a sport?

No

>UFC is a promoter
>MMA is a sport

>MMA is a sport

>UFC is a league
no, UFC is an entertainment company like WWE. that's why ranks don't matter and you get fights based on who can draw the most money.

MMA is a sport (to a degree, the major issue being unification of rules)

The ranks are just chosen by the media. They don't have any real ranks that you climb up and down from winning or losing, just media opinion on whose the best.

No. It's prize fighting where money comes before rankings. The best fighter in the world might not even get to fight for the title because they aren't a draw; in fact this happens most of the time.

that really makes it not sound like a sport

sh-shut up

What is a sport?

A sport is an competitive athletic event comprised of 2 or more parties who win by reaching a goal

Sports:
Soccer- 2 teams who score by kicking a ball into a goal
Football- 2 teams who score by having the ball reach the endzone
Basketball- 2 teams who score by shooting the ball successfully into the hoop
Tennis- 2 parties (hey fuckstick, this one doesn't have teams, crazy huh) who score by having the other person fail hitting the ball back across the court
MMA- 2 parties who score by outstriking or outclassing their opponent, or win by knockout or submission. KO or submission doesn't void it as a sport, because the criteria of a sport doesn't rely on a scoring system. They just have to reach a goal

Non Sports:
Skateboarding: one person and not 2 parties, not competitive. More of a hobby.
Poker: fits the criteria, but isn't athletic
WWE: Clusterfuck mandrama, not competitive because ts scripted, the goals don't matter because scripted, and hardly athletic, everyones on roids. It's just "entertainment"

Whoever wants /heem/ on /asp/ are just dramaqueens, I don't know why this is on their agenda, MMA doesn't tarnish sports, for the /heem/ culture, its a Sup Forums general.... but still doesn't belong on godawful /asp/ by default.

Also MMA isn't void as a sport due to violence, theres boxing, and don't be a pussy

>Wrestling-hardly athletic
That's where you fucked up.