/nba/ general - 2017 NBA DRAFT edition

The 2017 NBA draft will be held on June 22, 2017, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. It will be televised nationally in the U.S. by ESPN. Wikipedia

Date: June 22, 2017, 4:00 PM PDT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqEsnLskO20
youtube.com/watch?v=5edTmmKFoiY
youtu.be/-Gof2kbJknQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

basketball is gay rofl

apologize

who is the whiteboy?

where my /BB/ at?

luke kennard
from the file name

shit draft this year

well exuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me

Things people say every draft:
>shit draft
>bust
>this years draft is stacked

Why do people blame Dubs for having a super team?
I mean, Cavs could've took it 2-2 if they didn't give up 11-0 in the 4th.

That's right! It's called an opinion!

Get rid of the draft and the salary cap. If you're city doesn't buy enough merchandise and season tickets to afford good players then you do not deserve to have a good team.

Get rid of free agency and institute a $25m hard cap. If you're local NBA franchise's owners have their heads too far up their asses to hire good scouts then you do not deserve to have a good team.

Get rid of coward players that back stab teammates. get only loyal players who are not Betallennials and are willing to compete for their team. If a franchise signs these types of players then you do not deserve to have a good team.

>let's make franchises even MORE of a slave plantation
No, players should have a choice about where they play.

LONZO
WILL
BE
A
SIXER
CAP
THIS

>don't let players choose where they'd like to play

>confirmed untradeable
>obvious they will build their club around him
>Who is the (new) face of the Los Angeles Lakers

youtube.com/watch?v=jqEsnLskO20

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Cleveland fans are pathetic HHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAAAAAAA

Uhh no. Sorry someone getting paid millions isn't a slave. Don't like it then leave the league and go back to your ghetto.

THEY LAUGHED AT MY IMAGES

ILL LAUGH AT THEIR FUNERAL

LETS GO LAKERS LOL FUCK YESSSS

Lol most NBA players aren't from the ghetto at this point. These guys are coming from two parent suburban households not unlike your own, the only difference being they're 6'5+ athletes who will make millions of dollars before they can legally drink.

>he doesn't know what "slave" means
You're an embarrassment. It has nothing to do with how well they are paid. NBA players cannot freely negotiate with teams who are demanding their labor. There is the draft, free agent restrictions, and the salary cap. The players essentially are owned by the league and can be moved around without the player's consent.

How's your nba 2k18 savings going /nba/? I'm up to $3.95

>tfw bought every 2k since 2012 using loose change i find at work and when i go to the water dispenser

And said players can walk away from the league at any time. Therefore they are not slaves.

E X P O S E D
X
P
O
S
E
D

youtube.com/watch?v=5edTmmKFoiY

>the slaves should just run away
There's only one league that basketball athletes can get a wage commiserate with other major sporting leagues so no they can't just walk off the plantation.

>tfw LeBald finally shaved his head

Can't wait to see the lakers draft De'Aaron Fox

So, how mad will you beta-lennials be when Lebron comes home to L.A (like i've said for years as you laughed at me), Remember that lebron took Cleveland to the finals year 1 his first year. So, we trade the #2 pick plus lcarkson and nance to cleveland for LeLaker (lel) and once we get him, we get to pick and choose between Griffin, Georgio aka Mr no OT tonight, cp3, melo, hayward, mills. The sky is the limit.

Can't wait for lebron to retire as a Laker and go down as one of our legends (he will btw because he's going to get his first 3-peet here).

if lebron goes to la it'll be clippers

can someone tell me who's on the banana boat lebron team???

BUST
U
S
T
wants so bad to be kd. will never be kd

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Paul George
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: LeBron James
C: Deandre Jordan

Sixth man: Dwyane Wade

This is happening in 2018 in Clipperland.

The best part about the parade was realizing your city doesn't have literal shit eaters.

Jordan shaves head turns into a beast
Kobe shaves head he turns into a beast
Lebron shaves head he turns into a beast.

hahahahahaaa

This is literally the best summer ever.

What is that in EST? I don't know this meme time zone.

>the NBA draft is in Brooklyn
JUST

7PM ET

Redpill me on Dennis Smith Jr. He looks to be the most explosive guard in the draft and he can make 3 pointers. Why isn't he a top pick? I feel like he might end up a better player than Fox.

>draft is on my birthday

imma speak it into existence. that ball boy AND Josh Jackson... to the Lakers baby!

OK good. I'd still be at work at 4

Shooting 3's and being long are the only offensive skills that matter. Being "explosive" is a 2000's meme that is no longer relevant.

Julius Randle to the Grizzlies makes too much sense

>Sharpe says 68-win Cavs team with Paul George
This man is an idiot. Cavs need a defensive identity first.

If that was the case then Lauri Markannen would be a top 3 pick instead of being drafted 10 or 12

Please take a moment to admire the great LeBron for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at the King's history. So many accomplishments Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan will never achieve:

1.Only player in NBA history to quit because of Air Conditioner.
2.Quit on his team the year after he promises a championship.
3.Dunked on by a high school kid then confiscates the tape.
4.Bail on the dunk contest 9 times.
5.Only able to win a ring with 2 superstars.
6.Play on same team as his moms boyfriend.
7.Average 1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of NBA finals.
8.Lose not 1, not 2, but 4 times in the Finals.
9.Host a national televised TV show to leave his team.
10.Go 2 for 18 in an NBA playoff game.
11.Get stuffed by a player under 6 feet. (Nate Robinson)
12.Flop every single game in the playoff 5 out of 6 finals games by dropping FG% by 18.
13. shilled, voted for hillarry and got BTFO
14.0 Rings if not for refs calling early fouls on Durant and Westbrook it threw them out of rhythm, made them play soft, and sit for big parts of the game which changed the flow and momentum of the finals.
15. First person to show his dick and lose in a Finals game.
16. got shut down by a bench player who ended up getting finals MVP
17. could not post up jj barea
18.got outscored by Jason Terry in an entire finals series
19. got his shit pushed in by a under the cap non superteam during the 2017 finals

PG13 is lowkey a great defensive player

put him on KD and you could hide lelbron on dray or klay

Who takes clarkson for a first rounder?

2017 First-Round Order

1. Boston (From Brooklyn)
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Philadelphia (from Sacramento)
4. Phoenix
5. Sacramento (from Philadelphia)
6. Orlando
7. Minnesota
8. New York
9. Dallas
10. Sacramento (From New Orleans)
11. Charlotte
12. Detroit
13. Denver
14. Miami
15. Portland

>pg13 to cavs
i dont get it wouldnt that be the exact type of bitch snake move that kd pulled?

you don't need individuals to defend a whole team. It's their team defense that's lacking.

Yo stop spamming this, you're killing my vibe

He's still under contract with the Pacers, so there would have to be a (highly improbable) trade

is PG restricted?

Spurs could use him. Or you mean from that list?

Detroit needs a PG i think. Reggie is on his way out. Im not sure what Clarkson is worth. Good contract probably late teens early twenties

New York could use Clarkson if they cant get Frank, Phil likes his tall PGs

Why doesn't anyone talk about Curry or KD's Free Agency?

They're committed for the long haul. Even Klay is committed and will not take extra just to see how far this takes them.

They were just the 8th seed and got swept. Haven't been to the ECF in years.
Have no assets.
No talent.
No second all star on the team.
They're doomed to fail in the superteam era.

They weren't just op 3-1 against a 73 win team in the WCF with a bunch of young talent, a multiple time all star, and a sub all star, and had been consistently winning, having 50-60 game seasons, and in the WCF and WCSF multiple times. Only time they weren't it was because KD had a season ending injury, much like George, only to come back just as good.

of muh lakers are building a super team, clarkson for mills straight up or in a package for a super star, if not super team and we're just continuing the rebuild, then we trading for top draft picks.
Im thinking New york maybe one of the Sac town picks, fugg, might as well offer for porzinger. Maybe fleece that shithole town of denver lel.

Curry is almost certainly going to come back and there's no use even trying to predict what KD will do since he doesn't believe in trust, loyalty, or consistency

/nba/ is so fucking mad HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Both of Sacramento picks are on lockdown. Unless you want the 10 for Ingram and Russell. Otherwise I'd rather take Markannen or Anunoby.

Hinkie is either getting a job with the Clippers or Warriors, I feel it in my boner

NBA moneyball hasn't caught up to reality yet. Besides, teams can afford to let young talent slip through the cracks just to steal them in free agency if they turn good.

lakers im willing to trade
bully
clarkshit

I'm actually enjoying this more than when the warriors won

If the 80s NBA was playing out right now, where we could comment on it, would the Pistons be /ourteam/?

Lonzo is talking to PHX and SAC now wew kobe

We going for Jackson lmao

/nba/ how does this make you feel?

lmao

What's the most depressing anime that will make me want to kill myself I already watched welcome to nhk

Funny how no one even responds to this guy anymore

lmao

warriors made america great again

im proud son

thats alot of people

>1 second apart

Really makes you think

these dudes just came out with a new video, last seasons was pretty hilarious

youtu.be/-Gof2kbJknQ

mother of god

Anime is lightweight as far as depressing stuff goes. Arguably you have Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, one of the best anime.

HAHAHAHAHA LEBALD ON SEDOKU WATCH

It's called Rurouni Kenshin

Chinks aren't people

Video of the 80s makes me miss hard fouls and fights. Why is the league so pussified now? Like that fucking kissfest in Game 5 between David West and Tristan Thompson. They should have laid hands on each other if they were going to face off like that. Fuck the league for getting rid of fights. Fuck Stern and fuck Silver.

Woj just said in podcast forum that lebron will go to LA...

we already have cp3, trade for melo and then lebron will come in 2018, and wade will sign vet minimum while balmer pays him over the table...

cp3
wade
melo
lebron
DJ
who stops this team???

I giggled. Did you think this was a Trump thread or something?

fights are stupid, you want to see fighting watch a combet sport like boxing or ufc...

>How to fix the Lakers:
-Draft Ball or Fultz if he falls to #2
-Move DLo to SG
-Drop shitty Randle and let Young go
-Get PG and a servicable faceup 4

How'd i do?

My dad told me this hilarious true story back in the day about how he was at some store run by a chinese guy buying some crap and he said to his friend let me pay this chink. And then the Chinese guy chased him out of the store and whenever he'd walk past the store the chinese guy would chase him around the block.

congrats you just built a pernerinal 10th seed in the west....

Watching the 30 for 30 on right now.

Really surprised how many fights in the Finals they allowed between the Celtics and Lakers.

Straight up pushing each other and the back, taking swings, and clothelining people on the fast break.

They let them fight for a bit like in hockey before the refs and teammates come in to stop it. No one ejected.

It's amazing how night and day it is now.

The warriors. Easy sweep

ayy what's ur password mang

I guarantee you if there were more contact allowed in the modern NBA we wouldn't see as much flopping and we wouldn't see as much begging for fouls. If the league relaxed its rules and let players knock each other around again like they did in the 80s and 90s, the game would be better overall.

>memechucking and no defense

Probably 7-8th seed if lucky

Basketball isn't a contact sport, never has been.

there's nothing wrong with flopping it's part of the game, name me one elite player that doesn't flop/....

>there's nothing wrong with flopping