Silence - Trailer

New Scorsese Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=IqrgxZLd_gE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristóvão_Ferreira
slate.com/bigideas/what-is-the-future-of-religion/essays-and-opinions/fenggang-yang-opinion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks great.

The first Dicaprio-less Scorsese since the 90s, fuck Hugo.

>Andrew Garfield stars in a Mel Gibson film then a Scorsese film

what happened

That skinny faggot spiderman is in this? Oh brother.

Don't forget Kylo Ren

Looks good

he got disillusioned with capeshit after the spider-man disaster and is now concentrating on kino

Hes officially back

When does it show in Europe?

probably will see
the japs were based as fuck for stomping out christianity in their country

Trailer music is awful, and acting looks kind of stiff.

Haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge yet, but he doesn't seem to have any authority of presence in this movie at all, he just seems like a weak faggot.

Have a little something more up your alley.

Looks like an interesting concept, too bad Scorsese is a hack.

It might be good, but that trailer didn't do it any service.

looks nothing special at best desu

>reading comments
>"lol are they all supposed to look like jesus?"
>bunch of replies stating that jesus was black
Youtube comments are the worst

>mfw I'm right

About the music?
Definitely not.

About the acting?
That's debatable, they're 17th century missionaries, so they should act stiff.

looks decent but accents kinda throw me off

>fuck Hugo
kys yourself

>I pray but I'm lost. Am I just praying to A Martin Scorsese Picture: Silence?
Until this point I actually liked the trailer.

Hugo is irredeemable

its like Apocalypse Now but in japanese
>those shitty takes
>that shitty trailer track
>garfield and kylo ren

Why did they hire that ugly edgelord dude? Can't stand him.

>The guy this story was based on not only committed apostasy to save himself, but helped round up and torture other Jesuits and believers on behalf of the government.

I can't enjoy a movie honoring a coward.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristóvão_Ferreira

Pleb fuck

Stop being a millennial

The acting seems a bit wooden and forced. Not like Scorcese at all.

W-w-w-wait a minute. If Liam Neeson trained Obi-Wan Kenobi who trained Anakin and Anakin is Darth Vader and Kylo Ren is Darth Vader's grandson and Kylo Ren is Ben Solo who is named after Obi-Wan and Liam Neeson and Kylo Ren are in the same movie then....can it be?? NO! NOOOO!

Who is this gremlin looking motherfucker

*tips fedora*

Remember when the portuguese took thousands of japanese women as sex slaves and had them marry black seamen?

I like that part of the kino most

He is the Portuguese Ethan Hawke

HAHAHA YES ALL YOUR FAVORITE CAPESHIT CHARACTERS ALL YOUR FAVES THAT IS WHO THESE ACTORS ARE THE CAPESHIT SUPER HEROES!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!! UPVOTE MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS THE ERA OF CHRISTIANKINO

>wikipedia
100% LEGIT INFO BRO ;^)

wut?

Anyways, is this movie based on the novel Shogun?

>in a world where gay Spiderman and emo Darth Vader have to go on a quest to find takens Raz Al-iam Neelson. IN JAPAN
>directed by Martin Scorsese

did we break our timeline by electing Donald Trump Sup Forums ?

but this is portuguese ethan hwake

andrew garfield immediately looks like hes gonna be the weakest part of this shit. such a terrible attempt at an accent

Wrong, this is

Looks good, I'll solo it in theater with a couple beers I sneak in. I'm so cool.

>no explosions
>no quips
>no Kanye West`s music
it will be shit

He's the same in Hacksaw, the movie happens around him. I saw it for the combat alone, and he's a pacifist...

This actually looks pretty good, but between this and Hacksaw Ridge, Garfield is proving he really should never try to use an accent.

some pleb filter for sure.

Andrew Garfield looks bad. Adam Driver looks great as always.

It's gonna be good. Once isolationism began, Japan didn't fuck around when it came to torturing christians.

>a dangerous mission

>After all these years, finally, silence

Scorsese is a hack

Looks good, it's always fun seeing religious people get murdered

This was supposed to have Daniel Day Lewis, Benicio Del Toro, and Ken Wanatabe.

Instead we get shitty spiderman trying to do an accent, Mr Potatohead trying to do an emotion and Geriatric Action Man.

What the fuck were you thinking Martin? Why do it at all if you can't do it right?

This was clearly dreamt up after watching a rerun of The Mission. You needed strong character actors. You fucked up.

>>bunch of replies stating that jesus was black
>Youtube comments are the worst

I can't even tell if these are ironic anymore.

Do normies literally believe the ancient middle east had sub saharan africans living there?

Japs are getting BTFO recently.

And two of those instances by Andrew Garfield. Do you think he thinks two nukes weren't enough?

Uh i don't know why but i was under the impression that Liam Neeson was going to play Jesus.

Will this be Marty's first good movie in 22 years?

should have made a silent trailer. What a shit trailer, i almost don't want to see it.

Matteo Ricci movie when?

kek

Andrew "The third nuke" Garfield

Based Andrew "I ain't afraid of no gook" Garfield following on the steps of uncle Raimi. Makes me wish Tugboat would've followed that path.

That's what happens when you mess with God.

Mark Wahlberg and Andrew Garfield buddy movie where they mercilessly slaughter Japs for fun in the WWII Pacific Theater when?

Literally how does this Andrew Garfield guy keep getting big-time roles?

>shit actor
>unattractive
>unlikable on and off screen

I wonder why...

>Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, and Liam Neeson

This cast doesn't draw me in at all for some reason.

lol, don't deny it, it's true. Japan was given one last chance to turn to Christ with the Akita visions, but they denied it, so they've been fucked and cucked and now they're slowly dying.

Contrast them with China, which is Christianizing at breakneck speed and, not coincidentally, is exploding with prosperity and power.

Will this compare to Last Temptation? Has Scorsese done any other besides these two that are about good people enduring evil rather than evil people rejecting good?

It's got crazy Yosuke "nine floors aren't enough to send me to heavens door" Kobuzuka, Shinya Tsukamoto and Tadanobu Asano in it so it's worth seeing it alone for them but I doubt they'll have big speaking roles since plebs can't stand to read subtitles.

i bet you say rip in peace too

Looks great. Can't wait for this to become a konimatic universe with spin offs and 7 sequels

>China, which is Christianizing at breakneck speed and

china is almost entirely non-religious, the fuck are you on about?

Are you clinically retarded?

People keep asking if Garfield is back, and I haven't really had an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking he's back!

How did someone as ugly as Adam Driver get a film career?

By sucking a mean cock

It's ridiculous how many gay producers are in Hollywood

god I would have much rather seen ethan hawke in this

He realized being in bad capeshit ruins your brand and that almost no adults watch capeshit.

his character alone makes Girls worth watching, and that says a lot

the portuguese are really something huh

By being a good actor?
The guy isn't handsome and isn't Jewish and was in the military for a minute.

>caring about asians

I like him. He's got an interesting face. Not just another cookie cutter handsome guy that Hollywood likes to churn out.

The Japanese were among the first to outlaw slavery. Don't buy the BS that white Christians ended slavery before anyone else. It was the Japs and a large part of it was because their women were being sold off to foreigners in the 1500s.

>Characters are Portuguese
>ZERO Black men

> Making a movie out of Silence instead of Decay of the Angel
ayy Scorsese stop it with the sacharine

t.

you must be pretty retarded to think most of that isn't trolling/false flagging

Andrew Garfield is garbage-tier, he has this real corny B-Movie Lister vibe to him. Hacksaw Ridge was a melodramatic mess, as well as 99 Homes.

And Adam Driver is such a fucking meme actor. He does the same autistic mannerisms in every film he's in, I can't wait until his 15 minutes are up.

This could've been true kino if it was Daniel Day-Lewis and Benicio Del Toro like originally intended. Instead we got the millenial garbage version.

Skipping this schlock and waiting for The Irishman.

> Therefore, we may use the average annual growth rate from 1950 to 2010, which is 7 percent (from 1 million in 1950 to 58 million in 2010), for projection. In this scenario, the number of Protestant Christians in China will reach 160 millions by 2025 and to 257 millions by 2032.

> If we take the third scenario of revolutions and wars, which happened in the first half of the 20th century, the average annual growth rate of the number of Protestants from 1900 to 2010 is almost 6 percent (from 100,000 to 58 million). This means that China could become the largest Christian country by 2035, with about 247 million Protestants.

slate.com/bigideas/what-is-the-future-of-religion/essays-and-opinions/fenggang-yang-opinion

>a world where a single nation makes Prots serious players on the world stage

Time to nip this in the bud before the snake-charmers start to become a menace.

awful cast but it looks beautiful

>And Adam Driver is such a fucking meme actor. He does the same autistic mannerisms in every film he's in, I can't wait until his 15 minutes are up.

That seems appropriate for a 17th century Jesuit.

>Portuguese jesuit preists
>white actors

uhhh..

>should have made a silent trailer. What a shit trailer, i almost don't want to see it.

this
what the fuck happened to cinema

he's actually a pretty decent actor, was one of the few redeeming things about TFA and his looks are unorthodox

Portuguese people are white

t. Alberto Barbossa

wtf lol

thats one ugly motherfucker

adam driver. actually pretty good actor