Hay guys...

hay guys. i have a locking nut on my new guitar but i've never had now before and i don't know what this might cause a problem with for someone that has never had one before. little help? pic not related, i don't have my phone with me atm, it's in my bedroom and my wife is asleep. there is no fucking way i'm waking her up

I hope you weren't strumming your nut.

not sure what you mean. this is just the first time i've had enough money to buy a guitar with a locking nut. how does this effect turning? as i said, i'd take a picture of it, but there is no fucking way i'm waking up godzilla

fuck you dont post this stupid trash

> godzilla

fuck yourself

your wife sound hot, I wish I had a wife that would get mad at me for waking her up, that turns me on

what's your problem? i'm just asking for a little advice? jeeze, no wonder nobody likes you guys if you let people like

in here. christ, i thought this was a helpful environment.

>your wife sound hot
she is pretty hot, as far as wives go, but i still maintain the same question. first guitar with a locking nut. do you dickheads know anything, or are you just a bunch of pretenders?

I think I coined the phrase which is a misnomer. It's strumming right above the nut to give it that sitar or something sound.

>christ, i thought this was a helpful environment

pure soy right here

pretty sure it causes some problems with tuning if you don't have a floyd rose bridge system as well, do you have that on your guitar? other than that I don't know, tries looking it up and found some forums about it, you could check those, i'm not really a guitarist

also post pics of your wife

>strumming right above the nut to give it that sitar or something sound.

oh hell, i was doing that 30 years ago

>post pics of your wife

she'd fucking kill me. she has more handguns than i do

Right I'm just saying I may have coined the phrase not the technique which you should never do. Never strum your nut.

What's the big deal? You can delete it after a minute.

>Never strum your nut

ohhh, i got ya now. trust me, i will never strum my nut, and i'll always give you credit for the advice. "user told me...."

it might not look it, but everybody in this thread is jealous of you user, you have a hot wife who is aggressive and uses guns. you're living the dream

oh yeah, this ain't my first cowboy in a rodeo chain last christmas. jeeze.....

>pretty sure it causes some problems with tuning if you don't have a floyd rose bridge system

oh fuck, now i'm screwed. instructions were not clear. i got my dick caught in the ceiling fan.

ok sugar tits.

;)

I thought locking nuts were supposed to fix tuning problems. It's for use with the whammy bar.

what the fuck was his problem?

well that's the point. i've had idiot sticks on tremelo type tailpieces before, but never locking nut. i was just looking for a little advice, but all i get is no prizes

and then i got my dick caught in the ceiling fan because of bad advice. that sucked

woah how you do that

I can imagine it's easier to break a string. Otherwise like I said I understood it to solve problems not cause them.

woah how you do that

well, you call it a whammy bar, we always called it an idiot stick. for obvious reasons. but here to there, i was trying to do what that guy up the thread told me to do and bam, wham, my dick is in the ceiling fan. lack of instruction i think. or i didn't read it right, but it fuckin hurt

8==D

8==D~~ O:

well i understood it like that too, i just am not familiar with the locking nut, i've never had one

am i to assume that none of you guys know what the fuck this is or how to work it either? if so, just tell me. i'll research it and come back and then we all will know.

What's to know? Just lock your damn nut.

and dont post trash.

we're still waiting on photos of your hot wife user

but i still don't know how to tune with a lock nut and a idiot bridge, and my dick is still caught in the ceiling fan. i don't see at all how you guys have helped me. if you had i wouldn't have my dick caught in the ceiling fan

user we're just as clueless as you, plus we're all like 19 and you're an adult. I tried looking it up and I still couldn't understand it. you could try one of the metal threads or the guitar general thread, they might actually know.

Did you ever ask how to tune it? As I recall you tune the nut.

thank you for input, yes i'm an adult but i was 19 at one time so don't think that's bad. 19 is probably the ultimate age to kick ass, so you should be kicking ass. as my question shows, we can all learn no matter how old we are. thanks for the help

no problem user, have a good week and tell your wife that at least 8 other people think she's hot and you're lucky to have her

from what i've learned tonight, you tune the nut, then fine tune the ass end. jeeze, if i'd known that i'd have bought a cheaper guitar. whatzamanuff, i think i bought a guitar that is better than me!!!
but....i've been playing it out of tune tonight and it's one sweeeet motherfucker

she plays bass in my shitty band, don't know if i even mentioned that

that's even better, user you have no clue how lucky you are
>actual wife
>hot
>aggressive
>uses guns
>plays bass

my ex played the recorder, we used to jam together and it was so fun. you cherish that woman of yours

yeah, she's pretty cool. she also is the only one that works in the family. i do the laundry once a week, but i basically just sit around and drink vodka and ....well, play guitar and play with my dogs. that's about it

>my ex played the recorder
that has always been a fascinating instrument to me, even though it's a weird one. it's like a poor mans clarinet.

not to try and take over the thread, but speaking of that, i started my musical career on a trombone, then i worked my way to guitar. what a strange progression, huh? bass to treble

you are a genuine alpha

she totally rocked it, played classical and everything

>she totally rocked it, played classical and everything
that would be cool as fuck to hear. classical, any idea what she played?
why is she your ex? you dumb shit. why let girls like that get away?

want to see what my wife just bought me for christmas and it's just barely over thanksgiving????

She played some Medieval/Renaissance pieces. Other than that, she played songs from video games (Zelda, Pokemon) and some ABBA songs. I would always accompany her on keyboard/guitar/mandolin and I wrote out the arrangements. After being into music for about three years, she gave up, dumped me, stopped talking to most people at school, and became a furry/brony/BDSM-ist. Now that everyone has graduated, gotten jobs and started studying at university, she still lives with her parents with no job. I'd love to see her again, but she probably hates me.

show us user

>she probably hates me.
let's hope she does, that way you won't have to have anything else to do with this total complete waste of oxygen.

jeeze, please don't even think she is worth thinking about. you left her in the dust years ago

here's the stock pic. gimme a minute and i'll get you a shitty crappy pic because my phone cam sucks ass

you're a true man user, I look up to you

don't look up to me, make you a better man. that's what matters

If you're not going to dive bomb the whammy bar, just leave the locking but loose and tune the guitar normally. The locking but is designed to keep it in tune when using the whammy and stretching the strings.

no dive bomb. for me, that is meant to be handled gently, just to use as an accent, not to use like an whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if you get my drift. i like to slightly hold it in my little finger and just diddle at it to make the sligthest work

the one baby got me for christmas, which ain't going to wait

looks nice, plus it's got 24 frets so that's a good bonus

>24 frets
that's ibanez baby, they all go to 24. that's my tagline for every board i'm on. "jonyrotten lives on the 24th fret"

i'm very love with the HSH. i've had one before and it fucking cooks

Dimarzios top to bottom and a maple fret board. fucking god, how could it get any better?

well, as usual, i prove so everyone else takes a fucking powder. must be nice when your shit is just talk. thread bail in 54321

what

love that devil horns