What is it about him that triggers nu-males so much?

What is it about him that triggers nu-males so much?

he called them out on their bullshit

most numales cater their tastes to one specific scene and then start dressing up/ acting like everyone else to fit in

Zappa was just about the music

he was just an all around epic fuckin person. he said what was on his mind and sadly that doesnt mesh well with the modern soiboi society.

zappa was just the dude to be back in the day, he had a dope outlook on life and some mad guitar chops, plus - you seen that fuckin mustache? goddamn bro, what a thing of beauty all around 10/10 real deal dude with dope insights and a no bullshit policy

Nu males are too sadboi to handle "quirky" or "zany" music. See also all the faggots here who dislike Mr. Bungle's first album.

>manchild opinion
Into the trash it goes

Where the FUCK do I start with Frank Zappa? He just has too much stuff, fuck knows where I should throw myself in, what's the cream of the crop?

Joe's Garage

Literally spork-core. No thanks.

see

Roxy & Elsewhere
Hot Rats
Uncle Meat

Zappa is an asshole, but he's a cool asshole

I bet you'd love to give him a big wet kiss

>hurr durr muh freedom in music
>being this autistic
And now he's some dead guy who folowed the generic and tonal expectation -> release form, I guess he's fucking irrelevant now.

He's not my type, but I would hug him if he smelled good.

I've always said start with We're Only in It for the Money, Hot Rats, One Size Fits All, Joe's Garage, and The Yellow Shark
If you don't like Zappa by the time you've finished you probably never will
If you like We're Only in It for the Money, listen to his stuff with the original Mothers of Invention
If you like Hot Rats, check Uncle Meat, Burnt Weeny Sandwich, the Wazoo stuff, and Sleep Dirt
If you like One Size Fits All, listen to his "Roxy period" stuff
If you like Joe's Garage, listen to his '79-'84 comedy rock, his Flo & Eddie stuff, and maybe his early Mothers stuff
If you like The Yellow Shark, go for London Symphony Orchestra, The Perfect Stranger, 200 Motels, and Jazz from Hell
If you like all five, just go for the full Zappa chronological journey from Freak Out! to Civilization Phaze III - it's a very rewarding experience

Just listen to the albums

google "frank zappa flowchart"

What's some zappa for someone who only likes Lumpy Gravy so far

Civilisation Phase 3

Faust

Apostrophe

literally plebbit: the quote
but it explains why his attempts at classical music were abysmal

Every time I want to like Zappa I read one of these quotes and remember how much of a fucking neckbeard retard he was.

Soyboy

This question gets asked many times, and usually by somebody who's not familiar with his stuff, but liked what they heard so far, usually at a party or sitting around at a friend's house.

For beginners, I always recommend starting with Overnight Sensation and Apostrophe, and from there, Sheik Yerbuti, and You Are What You Is. This is the most accessible and commercial stuff. Once you have gotten used to those albums one can move on to some of the live stuff like Roxy and Elsewhere, Live in New York, Man From Utopia, and Broadway The Hard Way. It's also OK to listen to Hot Rats, but that's mostly an instrumental album. After that you can ease into the "Weirdness" with Just Another Band From L.A. and Live At The Filmore East. Once you've gotten used to that, then you can delve into the early stuff like the first three albums, and go from there.

>Every time I try to like a musician I read an interview with them because I'm autistic

yeah dude zappa was epic definitely my favorite band after tame impala

ignore all these replies and start with Freak Out!

The first record, and the song Trouble Coming Everyday and most of Help I'm A Rock are OK for beginners, but everything after that, especially Return of The Son of The Monster Magnet might be a little too much to take in one sitting, especially for a beginner.

I applaud your good taste but I think along with had the best advice.

>modern Sup Forums is so fucking braindead they can't start a fuckin' zappa thread without resorting to epic Sup Forums buzzwords.

Its a catalogue for getting lost in.
I don't see it mentioned here but I find Zoot Allures a good way in, its fairly manageable.

The quote is somewhat true though

But what if I go to a college library?

Then you get laid and you get education, unless you're dumb.

>tfw in college and not getting laid

over-nite sensation is extremely accessible and extremely rockin

pic related, and maybe uncle meat?

zappa threads always run off the rails once someone posts the quotes where zappa mocks muh college and muh communism. these are sacred institutions for those who consume high quantities of soy

I don't think people will be listening to top 40 singles from the 1900's,2000's in 200-300 years time like how we still do with classical.

Only if you do art and literature """""studies"""""

If you're studying something like fucking English or Art. Good luck going to the library to learn Nucleur Physics.
>i read the textbooks, but never took a test or done a lab
>i totally understand the field