So when did GoT became shit? I'd have to say that it was around the end of S4

So when did GoT became shit? I'd have to say that it was around the end of S4

It got good as soon as they killed this talentless hack though

When Tywin died

First episode of season 2

GoT has always been shit with a talentless writer

1>3>2>4>6>5

Going off of the leaks I am guessing season 7 will be better than 5 and maybe 6 but nowhere near the quality of the first 3 seasons or even season 4.

End of S3
>muh mhysa

when D&D started going full retard after bastardizing the fat-fucks books

By the ending of s3, by that point you know they were just in it for cheap thrills. They butchered Robb Stark's character. In s4 more cracks began to appear when they started to soley focus on action and stray away from the books, then the atrocity known as s5 and s6 happened

Last episode of season 3.

S5 really was damn awful.

More like

Faithful adaptation tier
Season 1

Jaime saves the season tier
Season 3

Getting a bit reddit tier
Season 2

DABID tier
Season 4

Bad pussy tier
Season 6
Season 5

Kill y'allselves redditors

When everyone realised that there were no more characters left to kill

The decline started in s3 because they decided to split book 3 into two seasons. But instead of just using the extra time to do as much as the book as possible, they added all this pointless filler. Also splitting book 3 into fucked up the entire flow.

Then for someone reason they decided to combine books 4&5 into one season.

Non bookfag here, were the changes really that big? How much filler was there?

lots of filler, lots of amazing stuff replaced with utterly lazy, fanservice shit like pic related. many such cases.

There's still loads of characters to kill

Well shit.

I would read the rest of the books if it wouldn't for the fact that they will never be finished.

Yes. They've destroyed several characters purposes and arcs.

Jamie's redemption arc was fucked up by all that useless sand snake nonsense and him not realizing Cersei is a crazy bitch.
Dany hasn't learned anything about ruling other than to take shit over by force.
The Dorne plotline has been thrown away and replaced with muh vagina.
Stannis was made completely evil and stupid for some reason.
Etc, etc. The last 2 seasons have pretty much ruined everything honestly.

*wasn't

Holy shit. They did't just change some things around a bit (like LOTR movies adaptation, where they actually recognize in the film that some things were changed) but they actually altered main parts of the plot and characters. That's really shitty.

you haven't seen all the memes?

Season 5 was the first to actively change big things, previous seasons just left things out and gave other characters missing character's lines.

Sansa's storyline for the past two seasons is loosely based on a missing character, Jeyne Poole, and Sansa's actual storyline has been dropped. You know the guy who hung around with Ned in season 1 and got stabbed in the eye by Ser Jaime, the missing character Sansa replaced was his daughter. Though it wasn't about her anyway, all book Ramsay stuff is about Theon/Reek. The letter he sends to Jon in the series is all about Sansa, but in the book he doesn't give a shit about his wife and the letter is about Reek.

Also book Dorne is nothing at all like the series, there are more Martells and they are spread out, and Jaime never goes there. One Martell's plotline has him attempt to steal two of the Dragons, with mixed results.

Tyrion is in Mereen but he's a slave forced to ride around on a pig along with another dwarf called Penny and Jorah Mormont.

There's also another Targaryen called Aegon or 'Young Griff' who was briefly with Tyrion but has now invaded Westeros and is in the Stormlands.

>Bad pussy tier

Dem titties tho

The letter is probably not written by Ramsay in the book.

>he didn't get it

Sad.

That isn't the point.

No, I never really browsed /got/ or anything. I just watched the show because so many people said I should.
It's alright on its own as a drama but bookfags are really showing me what's wrong with it as an adaptation.

Although one of those friends is also a bookfag and usually points out how something is different.

That's a lot of changes. Is it all fan service and padding? Because the original story seems to be fairly intense on its own.

>You know the guy who hung around with Ned in season 1 and got stabbed in the eye by Ser Jaime, the missing character Sansa replaced was his daughter.

Sorry senpai but they ain't true. The guy who got killed was Jory Cassel (the nephew of Rodrick cassel). The missing character is the daughter of Vayon Poole who was the steward of Wintefell. Yes I'm autistic

>tfw the show killed all love I had for ASOIAF as I realised the show will be the only ending we will get. I mean for fuck sake they are doing the fanfiction meme ending where Jon and Danerys end up married.

This. So many praise season 4 as the last good season, but it had a lot of boring and pointless dialogue/scenes in it as well that just go unnoticed by everyone. One of the only good things in season 4 was Tyrion's speech at the trial and it's a crime they lose an Emmy to that scene, but win Emmys for the bs they did in season 5 and 6.
>m-muh BrBa season finale tho