ITT "Super Teams" that failed miserably in any sport

ITT "Super Teams" that failed miserably in any sport

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/07/22/derrick-rose-new-york-knicks-super-team-warriors/87453086/
youtube.com/watch?v=OpmVMJX63pI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thank God it's so difficult to just smash a bunch of stars together and produce an instant god team in the NFL

the patrician sport

I couldn't understand how Vick went from so good in 2010 to so mediocre every year subsequent. I guess teams just figured him out?

Funny because the lelkers have the top 2 and only a decade or so apart

Yeah, they went back to containment and making him throw. And he's not a very consistent passer.

Bi-hourly reminder that Derrick Rose, without a hint of sarcasm or irony, used the words "super" and "team" in that order to describe the 2016-2017 New York Knicks

usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/07/22/derrick-rose-new-york-knicks-super-team-warriors/87453086/

This one wasn't so "super" though...

>38 year old Nash who was being held together by the voodoo doctors Phoenix
>dawhite coming off of back surgery and then refusing to run the pnr with Nash at all
>firing Mike Brown 5 games into the season for a meme coach like pringles dude
>Pau wanted out after almost being traded for CP3
>34 year old Kobe carrying the load every night

they stll would have made the WCF at least if Kobr's achilles didn't explode.

Michael Vick killed the dream team.

Pre 2014 Halal Uefadrid Galelticos
Post 2013 Buyern Munich
2016 Memeiors
When Spurs swept LeBeta's Miami

Yeah it was still a fun year though

>thunder.jpg

How was this garbage of a team allowed to play?

that really is a lot of talent to be so mediocre

It's literally Porzingis with a bunch of washed up has beens. Literally Brooklyn Nets tier

Los galácticos

It's actually not though.

What talent?

Porzingis might turn out pretty good someday

Derrick Rose and Carmelo could try to not be so fucking lazy and/or out of it considering their talent level

>they stll would have made the WCF at least if Kobr's achilles didn't explode.

That was the most frustrating thing, that it wasn't just that Kobe went down, but that the Lakers were legtimate darkhorse contenders with him. Alas, it happened and there's nothing we can do about his body breaking down all at once.

>tfw just saw the Lakers/Celtics 30-for-30 and wishing for a renewed rivalry again

>without a hint of sarcasm or irony
yeah, it was aspirational, or delusional
but sincere nonetheless

>mfw youtube.com/watch?v=OpmVMJX63pI

>Emeka Okafor
>Pop as an assistant, not head, coach

amazing

these

I was mad as hell at the time.

Galacticos. Literal memesters.

2010-2011 Vancouver Canucks

On paper the best team since 2005. Top of the league in basically every statistical category. Still fell one win short.

Derrick Rose has 3 Meniscus tears and 1 ACL tear

>4th

the fuck are you on these were great

They weren't really a superteam though
It wasn't a bunch of established players/stars coming together

Sure they acquired Luongo, but that was it

I started watching in 2015 so don't judge me. Casillas,??, Ronaldo, Figo, Cambiasso, Zidane, ??, Roberto Carlos, Raul, ??, and Beckham

wew

The one next to R. Carlos is Guti or Michel Salgado

no idea about the others

He relied heavily on his athleticism to get him through. Those years of not actually studying film or tendencies came back to bite him in the later years.

I still struggle to understand why they were so bad. Wings fan, and I was scared as hell at the time. Selanne and Kariya just didn't deliver up to the hype. I want to think it was just because it was obstruction-era and they were more finesse.

Bottom left is Michel Salgado and I'm pretty sure next to Beckham is Iván Helguera. Not sure about the tall one next to Casillas.

If I remember Dwight's back surgery recovery was so bad that some people said he should've sat out the whole season to recover. Mike Brown tried to run that meme Princeton offense which is why they fired him. The team was still pretty hyped up though. Just Kobe, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol seemed like a good combo at the time.

Selanne's knees were ded and Kariya broke his wrist twice that season, plus granato was a shit coach

Clippers 2017-2018
>Lebron
>CP3
>DeAndre
>No one else except maybe Crawford if they are able to scrape enough money for him

Sure, but Selanne had solid seasons the rest of his career. Next season post-lockout he had 90 points. Was coaching really just that bad?

He almost retired because his knees were to fuggd up. During the lockout he had crazy knee surgery that took over a year to complete and came back as roboselanne

>couldn't even beat the Jazz

1995-2000 Seattle Mariners are the ultimate failure. The really sad thing is, they didn't even pay for the players, they developed them from their own farm.

At various points between these seasons, you had:

>Randy Johnson
>Ken Griffey Jr.
>Edgar Martinez
>Alex Rodriguez
>Tino Martinez
>Jaime Moyer
>Jay Buhner
>Dan Wilson

all on the same team. The farm system was loaded too. After A-rod, the top M's prospects during that era were Derek Lowe, José Cruz, and Jason Varitek. they were all traded for peanuts.

One of the most offensively talented lineups of all time and a top 5 all time pitcher with godlike endurance, yet they couldn't even win a single pennant, let alone a ring. Worse still, they missed the playoffs in 96, 98, and 99. and lost to the Orioles in the 1997 ALDS. Then, after all the heavy hitters, other than Edgar, left town, they somehow won 116 games with a ragtag bunch of journeymen and unknowns led by a 160lb rightfielder from Japan, only to lose to the Yankees in the postseason.

They made it to the finals in their first (and only) year. Is that really failing miserably? I guess you could say them blowing up the team right after makes them a failure, but only 2 team get to the championship round. Hardly a miserable failure. Nothing like the 2012 lakers.

moar like because NFL player average career length is 3,3 years.

Late bloomers plus Seattle was piss poor with asset management.

That team did really good for all of the negatives surrounding them.

>payton didn't fit the triangle
>malone was injured in the finals
>Kobr and Shaq were fighting
>Kobr had a rape case

Still made it to the finals. Their flaw apart from that was that the bench wasn't deep at all.

He didn't have a bad 2011. It was almost as good as 2010, he just threw more interceptions. But I think Vick is an overrated qb

Here's his running stats. I didn't include the Jets years cause he was just a backup

A black qb is shit passing huh? Who would have thought?

Allen Iverson, Stephen Marbury and Carmelo Anthony are all chuckers. Besides Tim Duncan, who was suppose to play defense in the paint?

Manchester United from last season
>assemble the world's most expensive squad of players
>finish 6th