Was he Jesus?

was he Jesus?

I thought he was Odin seeing as he was one-eyed

No he was Valhalla Rising and he literally did nothing wrong

Valhalla Rising is a pretty cool guy

He's a mortal manifestation of Odin, similar to how Jesus is to God

He is Odin who comes to Earth to become a Jesus-like figure, who sacrifices himself in the end to redeem/save his people (represented by the boy).

is the movie shit?

no

Punished Odin.

Yes.

Only for a nu-male

Based Mads would be the only reason for me to torrent the movie once it becomes available. Is it worth watching?

absolutely yes

I just watched it on Netflix, fairly sure it's still in there if you have it.

Do you like drone music?

If you answer yes, then you should like this movie.

The only part I don't understand is the rape scene. It came out of no where and didn't really fit in with the rest of the movie. Why was that there? Just to be edgy?

The trapped Norse raping their own people/culture.

*Raping it through the adoption of Christianity, that is. Remember everything in the movie is symbolic for the destruction of the old pagan faiths.

>after this adventure, finally I became Valhalla Rising™

jezz nicolas wtf

if you are a woman, yes

>ITT: Movies that women will never understand

But he sacrificed himself for another. Doesn't that make him a Christ figure? Odin died for knowledge, and One-eye died to protect the kid.

kinda, if you like a whole lot of nothing and a shit ton of symbolism then you like it

The Refn classic

Odin became a Christ-like figure, just like the Norse religions gave way to Christianity with Norse elements.

Maybe a sequel will be made for you that has more explosions, quips and dubstep.

purdy much

the pit fighting scenes were really cool desu

yeah because there no middle ground right?
its either you like pretentious shit or micheal bay movies

Basically One-eye dying is sort of symbolic for the death of Norse mythology.

I love this movie so i showed it to my dad because we have similar tastes and i thought he would enjoy it, he hated it, should i beat him up for being a pleb?

>ever exposing family to kino
>especially Refn

They will only disappoint you. No matter how much you think they will like the themes, it doesn't change that you have to become jaded to mainstream film before you can appreciate non-mainstream film.

no, he sacrificed himself to save another and was reborn afterwards
thats like norse mythology 101

If you want them to get into Refnkino you should show them Drive, Bronson or the Pusher trilogy

They're more digestible

This. I learned my lesson on this after trying to show my family Alien, Taxi Driver, Birdman, etc. and bearing through them talking/shitting on the movies the whole time.

Bronson is pretty dank to be honest

i'm sorry but if you think refn is kino then you are a fucking turbo pleb but worst, pseudo-patrician are the worst t b h

Can we not?

>once it becomes available

What are you on nigger, I watched this shit months ago

so what bitch I saw it in 2009

Yes.

It's like an autist made a version of the seventh seal

>itt

why he was imprisoned and put into cock fights by the pagans then?

The pagans didn't realize the power they had before them and abused it. This is what lead to that power to give way to the Christians.

>abused it
By abused you mean used it as a social glue and moral guideline rather than a means of subjugation, right?

I don't explain things to tripfags.

>implying you are intelligent enought to explain your way out of the logical shackles I just placed you in
Psssh, nothin' personnell, kid.

funny meme

he makes good kino t b h

at this point you're not even adressing the film anymore. what about they trading him? saying he's from hell and that he will go back there if they died, that they got him from across the ocean, does it mean that they got him with the christians? the visions, the way he sits looking at the sky

also that he's fueled by hate and all, hate of what?

>it's a Refn tricks Sup Forums that he makes kino and not crap episode