youtube.com/watch?v=syVgI4PZdQA
youtube.com/watch?v=hBasrTmASPI
youtube.com/watch?v=J9Iuu3Vvkog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he got distracted by a mirror

What do you mean?

She was also in Stranger Things

god damn was don dumb

Basically only because Megan was good with kids and she wasn't. I love Megan but yeah, overall Don definitely fucked up

>tfw cuckquean

She was hard work and constantly challenged him. Sure the connection could have been on a deeper level with her but in the end all Don really wants is a woman who will look after his kids and cook his food while remaining hot.

That episode where she failed to handle Sally and then went off on him for dropping that shit in her lap pretty much ended all marriage talk. And she did know Don. She correctly predicted he'd be married to his secretary by the end of the year, just like Roger who Don gave so much shit to for that.

Horse teeth aside, Megan had everything else in spades.

Megan was Qt-er

Because he has the ability to attract a wide range of woman for the purpose of propagating the human species.

He could have any woman he wanted.

Didn't even recognize her
Agreed, she was too similar, Don didn't want someone to compete with him and challenge him, he wanted some dumb slut
Fuck no, she had annoying mannerisms and her mouth pisses me off

Megan was just another child.

Precisely the reason she told him, Don always likes the beginnings of things, he's bad at future planning in relationships. Megan was more attractive, younger, and was great with kids. It's just that Megan was just getting started with her life while Don was looking to settle down. Megan probably would have been a great fit for Don if Don were younger. But Faye was at a point in her life that, being shitty with Don's kids aside, she could have Don as a serious, deep partner in the relationship.

She was great. Don just didn't want to be married, plain & simple. She did everything in her power to keep him.

>She did everything in her power to keep him.

He had to constantly tell her to stop doing things he didn't like and she looked for fights are every opportunity. She didn't understand Don at all.

What Megan wanted and what Don wanted were totally reasonable, just at different points in their lives. Though I'd put it more at Don's side for being at fault.

>Megan was more attractive
Wrong

This. She looked like Freddy Mercury

>quean

He liked the idea of being married, the actuality of it pushed him away. He was never loved as a child, so in adult life he was incapable of expressing of even feeling it himself.

He loved Anna. Probably the only woman he did actually love. Maybe not in that romantic sense but definitely a kind of love.

true.

He also wanted his wives to be in more traditional roles, more motherly, mostly due to how he was raised rather than the traditionalist reasons of the 40s/50s. When Birdie stopped being all house-bound is when he really started swerving hard. While Rachael, Midge and Bobbie were nice/fun times, he really clicked well (for Don) with the naturally motherly Sally's teacher. Same with Faye vs Meg

She had a kind of unconditional love. Like that of a mother to a child.

They were two people that needed one another dearly in a traumatic time of their lives. Anna and Don was the purest relationship on the show next to Peggy and Don

He was always swerving. She just found out about not only the cheating, but the fact that his entire life is a lie. Birdie could deal. She left him.

The word is cuckquean retard

Because Don only likes the beginning of things

She was too old for him.

Don has a mommy complex, Megan came along and was better mom material

Don definitely loved Betty though, as is evident by their last conversation and his "birdie"

>She was too old for him.

That's the least likely reason. He was fucking Bobbie after all.

Faye was the one that got away

Betty>Faye>>>>>>>>>>>>Megan

Because Don wants women he can control. Part of the reason he and Joan were never meant to be.

I was always pissed Don and Joan never did anything, that one night out they had was great, although I understand why they never did

looks a bit like that bitch from spartacus

I'm glad nothing came of that but it sucks that they pretty much became enemies later. Don did nothing wrong

Shouldn't have tanked the jaguar account, there's no use crying over spilt milk

She was better suited for him but one of the main themes of Mad Men was that characters make bad life choices so he picked the wrong one.

She was too good for him.

Yeah she was a bitch to him, even though he's only looked out for her

Should have taken Don's advice. He was the only one who tried to talk her out of it and genuinely seemed to care, so it makes no sense whatsoever that she'd later have friendlier relations with someone like Pete, who's attitude was basically "Yeah, whatever, just let the fat fuck screw you and get it over with".

Yup.

Don just wanted some young hot slizz

>tfw you'll never have an intelligent qt lay on you

Anyone else miss this show really badly?

Why did it have to end bros?

Yeah I desperately miss it, it's one of my favorite shows ever
I just wanna know what the characters are doing :(

Because in the end she got a lot of fucking money out of that deal. She got over it, why couldn't Don?

I miss Peggy most of all. Am I a cuck?

She was also Christopher's wife in The Sopranos.

>She got over it
She clearly didn't, hence her resentment towards Don.

She resented Don for tanking the account, not because she had to fuck Herb

Fuck, that scene in the bar around Christmas was superb.

All things must pass

Peggy was great. The only people who hate her are bitter betas who know they couldn't even get her, let alone someone like Betty

No, all feelings for Peggy are honest and noble. Nothing to be ashamed of user

I've always wondered why it was Don and not Roger. She's the mother of his kid.

>no more Roger and Don wacky adventures
;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=syVgI4PZdQA

This scene perfectly summarises what Mad Men has that almost every other TV show doesn't: scenes that are completely inconsequential to the plot but crackle because of incredible dialogue that is profound whilst being natural. As far as dialogue and an ensemble of main characters go I don't think even Sopranos can touch Mad Men

Don and Joan basically made up by the back half of season 7 if I remember right.

I loved roger so much. Wish I could be that witty

they sure made flying in the 60s look awesome

Jon Hamm should do a skit with Don flying with Ryanair

Yes, for tanking the account after she'd fucked Herb, because she'd fucked him.

wtf, absolute patrician waifu

Flying in the 60s was THE BEST. Just do a little research, you'll be amazed at how much more luxurious and tasteful it all was. The 60s was before the airlines started trying to maximize profits by cramming as many people as possible into their planes.

What is the best season and why is it 5?
What is the best episode and why is it
Far Away Places?
Who is the best character and why is it they're all fantastic?

I didn't mind Peggy, but the show had way too many Peggy B-plots. 7B had one in all but one episode, for a relatively safe ending to her.

Agreed, not enough shows have this, just characters talking and feeling like real people, I can't think of any show that does it better except like Seinfeld
I love every character, but Pete is just fantastic, you go from hating his guts early on, then as the show progresses you start asking yourself when he suddenly became your favorite character, his changes, along with everyone else, is very organic

Her ending was walking through McCann Erickson like a giant fuck you. She was the talent in the later years. She is the takeover.

Until Don comes back, buys the world a coke and Peggy gets stuck playing 2nd fiddle again. At least she has a husband now I guess.

>What is the best season
>What is the best episode
Far Away Places
>Who is the best character
Roger, obviously.

Love that. One of my favorite scenes.

Goddamn that chemistry.

>I'm younger than you. Always have been, always will be.
dat fucking foreshadowing ;_;

Whatever your thoughts on Betty (and I would argue that Don was worse to her), she completely redeemed herself by the end. It was perhaps the show's saddest development to see such a bitter, emotionally stunted character mature and find genuine joy all for nothing (her and Pete are very similar in this regard, except Pete got the happy ending)

>being this autistic

he was an alpha male, life of an alpha male is a parade of non stop qts lmao like he gives a shit about 1 skank

Yeah I was very sad by Betty's story
That last phone call between Don and Betty, when he says "birdie" I started crying like a baby, I hope they were able to see each other again
That episode where they reconnect at Bobby's camp was always a favorite of mine

Exactly. Alphas go through stages of a "different wandering". All the pussy in the world, but our shapes fit correlating holes. Be it deviant, nostalgic, or practicality.

Watch Listen Up, Philip. It has Elizabeth Moss in such a comfy role. Plus she gets a pussy called Godzuki

Top of the Lake

TOP OF THE LAKE

Haven't watched High Rise yet. Decent enough?

>Stan will never get you pregnant

Very divisive. I enjoyed it but I don't think I'd re-watch it.

>76578093
The book is great, but books don't get dated.

I'm love 70's themes.

70's theme is... the height of sex before AIDS & Howard Cosell.

Stan was based as fuck

So many killer characters and moments
Ending was perfect too IMO

Just random moments that stick out right now for me;
>Finding Lane dead
>Glen sneaking into Sally's at school, finding out he's a cool boy now
>The ending (obviously)

What a beautiful show it was

Fuck, Lanes story killed me
I was devastated, I was so pissed at Don, although I understand why he did what he did, I wish he didn't

>tfw season 7 still isn't on Netflix

I hate this country

Remember this? I think the earlier seasons are generally weaker but this was the show's biggest BTFO moment
youtube.com/watch?v=hBasrTmASPI

She liked-d him.

I love this scene for BTFO moments
youtube.com/watch?v=J9Iuu3Vvkog
I loved Harry

Betty was the hottest

honestly I agree