At what point did it become mandatory to have women in every single action movie?

At what point did it become mandatory to have women in every single action movie?

Do women even like action movies?

they want women to see women in action movies so they'll have more incentive to watch them

you surely can't be this autistic

Everyone likes action movies. The stereotypical "macho man" bullshit is on its way out of society, if you haven't noticed

Movies exist to make money you dumb frog.

If a women has a big role, more women will go see that movie. If a black person has a big role, more black people will go see that movie. That's why you see women in action movies. It's why you see racemixing. It all comes down to money. No studio executive would EVER choose ideology over profit.

By action movies do you mean capeshit?

>No studio executive would EVER choose ideology over profit.

Then explain this.

Didn't this do well tho?

They thought it would be a huge hit, like every other primarily female Feig/McCarthy collaboration.

Not at all

>women are more than half of the population
>1-2 female characters in muh movies

stop whining

>budget: $140M
>box office: $229M

What the fuck are you talking about?

Bombed, canned to sequel. Serves sony right, hijacking our beloved franchises to further their agendas

Whoops, I'm a retard. I didn't take into account the enormous sums of money spent on advertising. Yeah, it bombed.

>Due to a production budget of $144 million, as well as a large amount spent on marketing, the studio has stated that the film will need to gross at least $300 million to break even.[73]

>According to Variety, sources familiar with the film's financing estimate the total loss to be about $75 million, of which, due to co-financing with Village Roadshow, Sony would lose about $50 million.[77] Sony insiders have projected, along with co-financing, a total loss of about $25 million.[77] Bloomberg News estimated the film lost $58.6 million dollars.[78] As of August 2016, sources such as Forbes and the Wall Street Journal had begun calling Ghostbusters a box office bomb.[79][80][81][82]

Budget does not include marketing budget. Box office does not equal studio take. Domestic box office returns the most money, something like 50-60 cents on the dollar of a ticket, where international is hardly anything.

This movie did not generate a profit.

>Doesn't take into consideration the marketing, advertising, and the budget to get the money back
It was projected to make $500 million to be a success. Making just over the budget isn't a success so what the fuck are you saying?

>muh equal representation

marketing is usually 1.5x the production budget

so on top of having a budget in the near 300s, the toys bombed and money they already spent in advance to develop sequels(scripting) was wasted

I know.

>Everyone likes action movies. The stereotypical "macho man" bullshit is on its way out of society, if you haven't noticed

>If a women has a big role, more women will go see that movie. If a black person has a big role, more black people will go see that movie.
[citation needed]

Sounds more like something that is true in a marketer's head than IRL.

no i havent noticed actually, most flicks still have a man that kicks ass all the way through, women usually take on side roles or just eye candy

this will never change because flicks know their audience is mainly men

Women love the idea that they can be equal to men in combat, even if in reality they are inferior in every possible way. And don't even bring up the meme Kurdish female fighters who have probably been raped by their comrades and ISIS an equal number of times.

True. Almost every female friend or girlfriend I've ever had didn't care about action movies at all, and the few that did like some action movies were either fangirls of the leading man, or feminists who simply pretended to like a movie because "muh representation".

I have yet to meet a woman who even vaguely appreciates Predator.

>Women love the idea that they can be equal to men in combat

I don't think even this is true. Women like being feminine, and they like to feel protected.

>I have yet to meet a woman who even vaguely appreciates Predator.
For what it's worth, that's my mom's favorite movie and she's watched it probably 30 times.

women also want things they cant have
in fact most ppl do desu

Well then, your mom is probably fucking awesome, but she's not the standard.

Is she attracted to any of the characters?

"Progressives" love the idea that women can be equal (and superior) to men in everything*
And those "progressives happen to have control of every single media outlet in the world

tfw mom loves master and commander though her favourite movie is some shit like out of Africa or the constant gardener