Paul W.S. Anderson Developing 'Monster Hunter' Cinematic Universe

slashfilm.com/monster-hunter-movie-universe/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla–Kong_(film_series)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_(2017_film_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That woman is really eyefucking the camera

That woman is the younger shorter version of Linda Evangelista. Aka Milla Jovovich.

I don't know anything about Monster Hunter. Is there anything unique about it? I feel like you probably don't need a pre-existing franchise if the movie is just going to be about hunting giant monsters.

Paul WS Anderson is secretly the greatest Anderson working in film today. Despite what the r/movies "film buffs" will have you believe. Pomeii was absolute kino.

Has this guy essentially tried to do this his whole career?

good fucking god no
Those games are crazy fun but they are so fucking goofy and stupid and it would never work.

I shit myself twice in my adult life. Both times after long periods of drinking lots and eating little. Both times when I got punched unexpectedly. Both times completely surrounded by friends. Both times I had to look like a complete coward as I fled from a fight to clean my shit-stained pants.
Both times never got found out. Also redeemed myself by fighting bigger guys plenty of times after, but I'll never ever forget the times I shit my pants and ran.

It's not that good. Very grindy. Story is ridiculous.

monster Hunter is about killing low level shit to craft weapons and armor to go kill medium level shit to craft better weapons and armor til you can go fight fucking Omega class monsters.

lots of weird and interesting designs, and it's very GIT GUD

Milla is pretty much perfect.

>Monster from monster hunter´s world appears in human world

Prepare another low budget film wich cant handle the source material so they will bring it to the "real" world, prepare to another Master of The universe, Super Mario Bros, etc.

Could be cool but I'm sure it'll be

>90% CGI
>Goofy Felyne sidekicks to sell toys
>Two or three monsters per episode at best
>First movie focused on "the Rathalos who burned down my village when I was a kid" or equivalent instead of the later half being a Helm's Deep siege with Lao-Shan as the main enemy

>they are so fucking goofy and stupid and it would never work.
Anderson is the man who filmed this scene, which has not been altered in any way from how it appeared in the movie

There is nothing about it that is suited to a cinematic adaptation. The Tetris trilogy stands a better chance of being good.

That's beautiful, man.

kino

I love MH

I prefer leto but I'd bang that dude as well. wish he'd grow at least some stubble though.

>more cinematic universe's

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla–Kong_(film_series)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_(2017_film_series)

I feel like Jovovich deserves credit here for firing blanks without blinking, almost every actor fucks this up

I really don't get the appeal of Monster Hunter. Seriously, I really don't and I always wonder why Sup Forums has a massive hard-on for this terrible game.

As a veteran of the Souls series starting with Demon's Souls and beaten Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 along with Bloodborne beating the DLC and NG+, (with Dark Souls widely known as the most difficult video game series), I consider myself an excellent gamer who can meet challenges head on and triumph over them

HOWEVER

Monster Hunter is terribly designed and over half of my deaths are from unavoidable bullshit from:

- flexing after healing (who's the fucking retard that made this)
- monsters stun you for 5 seconds after getting hit twice (absolute artifical difficulty don't deny it)
- Super slow weapons? (what the flying fuck?)

Seriously, how can anyone enjoy this clunky garbage?

>monster hunter
>story

Paul WS Anderson is literally the champion of guilty pleasure flicks. Bring it on Paul.

go bak to ur ez gaymes faggot

mh best game, those are features youre mentioning there, you have to time shit or else you get your ass handed to you, unlike your faggoty dark souls games for casuals who want to think theyre hardcore

Multipass

>this entire post
>Doesnt seem to be pasta
Jesus dude

>MH4 gave you a family
>MHX took it away

even though i can see them at X its never the same ;_;

but mon hun is harder than soulsb and its pretty objective once you start doing G-rank hunts you fucking faggot

Holy shit bruh you need to git gud or gtfo.

>As a veteran of the Souls series

everything that this post says is true. MH is a clunky piece of garbage with lots of useless animations. Sup Forums loves garbage surprise surprise

more!

bait

>eyefucking
can this be a new meam?

i love me some /mila/ threads

never seen this pasta before, then again I stopped using Sup Forums

A fun, comfy game about hunting all sorts of monsters with sweet designs to craft new gear out of their bits. Next to no story, gameplay-focused.

You'd absolutely have to go lighthearted with any film adaptation. Maybe a party of misfits led by a clumsy hunter whose goal is to hunt some high-tier dangerous monster, for revenge or sentiment or whatever, with lots of banter and feel-good travelling environments and subtle callbacks to the game interspersed with a few intense, progressively riskier hunts along the way.

Hardly anything groundbreaking, but could still be vidyakino if properly executed. Personally, I don't think an adaptation will end up happening at all and if it does, it'll be a fucking disaster both in merit and commercially.

I liked it

>- Super slow weapons? (what the flying fuck?)

So you tried Greatswords and Hammers and you figured that was all the game had to offer?