Avant-prog was the pinnacle of rock music

Avant-prog was the pinnacle of rock music.

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah it's pretty good

>not Krautrock

That's RIO

Avant-prog and Krautrock are the pinnacle of music.

yeah it's pretty good

Canterbury scene

Fucking Samla Mammas Manna

Avant-prog was the death of rock music*

>Krautrock
plebs

Not even close, Cheap Trick was.

I prefer Brutal Prog desu

Is it just me or labels jumped on the chance to promote punk once they realized rock was getting more complex(and possibly about to trail the same path jazz did)? Further, prog rock was overwhelmingly white, something journos are bitter about to this day

> avant
> prog

literally the dumbest shit ever

Yeaah boii

I have been saying that for years. Rock was just slowly leaving it's pop roots and was aproaching art music more and more, which is something both the critics and the music business didn't like. Thus the overblown "wank" witch hunt that still takes place to this day.

>LIstining a Henry Cow album that coppied Uncle Meat

Pleb

which is a subgenre of avant-prog

Actually RIO was a scene, not a genre

It wasn't a scene either, it was a festival that spawned a genre of same name.

MOMMY'S ALRIGHT DADDY'S ALRIGHT

>prog rock was overwhelmingly white, something journos are bitter about to this day
journalists and music executives in the 60s-70s did not like black music, well not when it was played by black people.

It's amazing, whenever prog is brought up so many get their panties in a twist. And I'm not talking about the pretentious shit that we've seen in recent years, I'm talking about artistry such as Genesis. Recently I was in a cafe with a friend wearing a Yes shirt, and the waitress(who was black) stared at my shirt almost with disgust. Soon after she was talking to a colleague about "that dumbass geek white boi"(not whispering or anything). What the fuck dude?
Motown and the like get highly praised these days though. I have actually been called a racist for saying I preferred prog over funk

>Is it just me or labels jumped on the chance to promote punk once they realized rock was getting more complex
Exactly that was the issue. Ironically, Canterbury scene, jazz rock or even some avant-prog was light-hearted and whimsical as well. Maybe that's what inspired them to experiment and perfect their music even more. Remember Tales from Topographic Oceans? One of the crowning achievements of progressive rock? Even their producer sabotaged them.
>Anderson expressed a wish to record in a forest at night under a tent with electrical generators buried into the ground so they would be inaudible, but "when I suggested that, they all said, 'Jon, get a life!'

Just remembered article related
>theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/

The butthurt is unbelievable

fuck yeah

kek I read this like ten minutes ago because of this thread. Hilarious read tbqh.

Dude first time I've seen someone mention that Burner album. Some heavy shit. Reminds me of KC's Red on parts. You know any similar albums?

No; R.I.O. was.

That's technical trash metal though, not brutal prog.

>Dude first time I've seen someone mention that Burner album
It used to get regularly spammed at math rock threads.

>You know any similar albums?
Watchtower's Control and Resistance.
Yowie's Cryptooology
Shellac's Uranus
Pak's Motel
Ruins' Hyderomastgroningem

RIO is not a real genre though.

oh no

This thread just died

Ah, I guess I haven't been on here long enough to have seen those threads. Thanks for the reccs!

oh shit....

Anybody else wonder what the sock smells like? haha....

Hilarious, but also bloodboiling