17. FUCKING. REASONS

>1) Jordan was a better scorer than LeBron James
Scoring Titles – Jordan – 10, LeBron -1
>2) Jordan played in a far superior era
27 of the 37 playoff opponents Jordan faced had over 50 wins, while 18 of LeBron’s opponents (out of 37) had under 50 wins. Imagine what Jordan’s numbers would be if he faced LeBron’s competition.
>3) Michael Jordan is a far superior defender than LeBron James
All-Defense First Team – Jordan nine times, James 5 times
Steals Titles – Jordan three time winner, James zero times
>4) Michael Jordan takes over games and is able to lift his team when needed
>5) LeBron James is a turnover machine while Jordan took care of the ball
LeBron James turns the ball over way too many times at critical junctures in games. He has two playoff games with 10 turnovers and has 177 turnovers in the Finals compared to 99 for Michael Jordan.
LeBron James led both teams in turnovers in 2017 (22), 2016 (31), 2014 (19), and 2011 (24). He was his team’s turnover leader every time except in 2012.
>6) You can count on Michael Jordan to close games
>7) LeBron would have had a much harder time playing in Jordan’s era
He is physically gifted but plays lousy competition in the East and essentially receives a free pass to the Finals each year as his hand-picked teams are loaded with talent.
In the 80’s or 90’s, teams like the Knicks and Pistons would have beaten him down and he does not handle phsyical play very well.
>8) Michael Jordan is the better shooter
Jordan shot over 50% in three NBA Finals (1991,1992,1993) while LeBron did it twice (2014 and 2017). That’s pretty close. How bout shooting under 40%?
Jordan never shot below 40% while LeBron did it twice (2007 and 2015).
>9) Michael Jordan never got outscored by a player on the bench in the Finals
>10) LeBron James has never had to defeat three teams with 50 wins or two teams with 60 wins in any playoff run
Jordan’s teams accomplished this in 5 of his 6 playoff runs.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WeAreCavsNation/status/874747846695636992
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>11) Michael Jordan shows up in the 4th quarter while LeBron James disappears.
Jordan kept his teams in the game, especially when it got tough and scored most of his points in the 2nd half and 4th quarter.
LeBron goes 2-12 in the 4th of the 2011 Finals for 6 points.
>12) Jordan passes the eye test in a big game.
If you need to score and momentum isn’t going your way, you don’t want LeBron James who will defer and hope for a teammate to make a shot. You want Jordan who will find a way to score even against a Defensive Player of the Year when it has to go in.
>13) If Jordan is healthy, his teams go to the playoffs every year.
>14) Michael Jordan never claimed to be the best player in the world before an elimination game and then shot terrible to lose the game.
LeBron James told everyone he’s the best player in the world and then shot 13-32 in Game 6 against the Warriors.
>15) Imagine what Jordan could have done if he had played in the recruiting era.
He could play with any other superstar and be even more unguardable. Imagine Jordan recruiting Hakeem Olajuwon and a guy like Kevin Johnson to play with him and Pippen. They probably would win not one, not two, not three, etc.
>16) LeBron James is a Flopper
>17) Jordan has SIX titles and SIX Finals MVPs

really makes you think

All these points are right. I had some retard tell me that the "greatest basketball player ever is lebron but the greatest winner is jordan". When I asked him how lebron is the better basketball player when jordan was a better defender and a better offensive player he had no retort.

For me, LBJ is maybe #6. What's undisputed by everyone except complete fucking retards is that MJ is the GOAT.

This

He isn't even the best at his position. Give me Larry legend any day

>Larry Bird was second in the NBA in defensive rating in 1984, and ranked in the top 10 six times. LeBron has only entered the top 10 twice.

>Larry Bird scored more ppg than lebron at the same age despite playing in an Era with hand checking.

>Larry Bird had two 50/40/90 season, Lebron shot less than 70% from the ft line during these playoffs

Shoop?

How is this even possible?

Anyone with common sense knows Jordan is the better player. Lebron has already played in more seasons and games than Jordan, yet all of his numbers are inferior. Only thing Lebron is better at than Jordan is passing and rebounding. And even those numbers are slightly better than Jordan.

Shove your useless stats up your fat American ass.

Jordan never carried a team like LeBron did.

Watch some Jordan highlights my man.

>you will never be this triggered that your favorite player is objectively inferior to someone else's favorite player

Lebron is a Jack of all Trades. He isn't really the best at any one category but his whole skillset and athleticism are what makes him a great player.

He's a great player but not even nearly the goat

I'm pretty sure LeBron has done lots of positive things that Jordan never did.

Why are people so obsessed with the Jordan vs LeBron argument? At the end of the day you can cherry pick random stats to make one look better or worse.

Fact is, both are amazing players.

I'm not even a lebron fanboy but so many of these points can be countered easily
>10 scoring titles to lebrons 1
jordan puts up 30/5/6 while lebron goes 28/7/7 career wise, contributing more
>jordan defeated 50 and 60 win teams
Lebron defeated a 73 win team, winningest of all time
>if jordan is healthy, his team goes to the playoffs every year
and lebron has been to 7 straight finals, despite dying Wade, ded Love
>lebron is a flopper; you can count on michael in close games; jordan takes over games
none of these are statistics, all opinions

REEEEEEE WHY THE FUCK AM I UNEMPLOYED AND RETARDS LIKE THIS GET PAID TO WRITE SHIT ARTICLES

>Jordan played in a far superior era
>the 90's
>a far superior era
AAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
the 90's were one of the weakest eras in basketball, diluted talent and shit teams all around

Jordan

10 scoring titles

Lebron

1 scoring title

Jordan

dpoty

Lebron

-

Jordan is better on both sides of the ball

The players overall are better now than they were in the 90s. I dont know why people say things like "the east is shit", there's no such thing as a free pass. These are the best players in the world

Jordan's DPOTY was a joke, tho.

>4 scrubs + lebron
you can make it to the finals
>4 scrubs + jordan
you're out in the first round

>going to 7 straight finals is somehow more impressive than winning all finals you've made it to

Also, Jordan contributed more because he was a better defender, committed less turnovers, and didn't handicap his team by foregoing his role to get more touches by playing point. There were actually a few stretches jordan did play point and average 8+ assists.

Are you saying that the tanking in today's game is great? Because there are some truly shit teams in this era that are just as bad (worst actually) than those expansion teams in the 90's.

when has lebron ever played with scrubs? or carried scrubs to the final? He's always had good teammates

Cavs first finals against the Spurs

>Lebron faces no one in the east
>Jordan faced Boston an all time great team
>then the Bad Boy Pistons an all time great team

>4 scrubs + lebron in today's garbage east

You can make the finals and get swept by the first team over .600 you face. Wow, how awesome.

Barring injury jordan was on track to drag a horrid Washington wizards side to the playoffs as a 40 year old man.

>getting beat in the first round is somehow more impressive than carrying a team to the finals
jordan is a better scorer, and that's it
if I had to chose one to take the final shot it's mj every time, but if I had to chose one to increase the overall strength of my team it's lebron every time

>at the time the east has teams less than .500 going into the playoffs
>at the time lebron didn't go so a single team above .590 before the finals
>gets swept by the first decent team he meets

He never really beat the Bad Boys Pistons until the team disbanded. He got BTFO 3 times by them, and he had Pippen one of those times.

It's the only argument I need, Shawn!

Doesn't change the fact that he carried a team of scrubs to the Finals.

you must be new to the nba because the east has only recently become the lebron show, in the 00's there were good teams in the east.
Jordan did face those teams and got raped repeatedly when they were in their prime. Then they got old and he got pippen and he started winning.

>in today's garbage east
How about in 07's competitive east

That's the point, Jordan faced prime Bird and then the best Pistons of all time, what teams does Lebron play against?

Jordan is also a better defender. That means he is better on both sides of the ball. Lebron is only better at traveling to the hoop and wildly throwing it out to a stationary chucker for assists or turnovers.

And about getting out in the first round. Jordan was in the nba for 15 years. 2 for the wizards as an old man. 2 where he was out most the regular season through injury or retirement. Including those 4 seasons he still made 6 finals, and won 6 times. Lebron has been in the league 14 uninterrupted seasons. He has made the finals 8 times and won only thrice. How anyone can go through the mental gymnastics to think that two extra finals appearances at the cost of three extra losses is somehow better than 6 wins is beyond me.

Also, when jordan wasn't making the finals he was getting knocked out by bird's Celtics or the bad boys. Lebron was getting knocked out by Howard the cowards magic (lol)

What cherry picked bullshit. You aren't very intelligent.

The pistons had 53 wins that season you mongoloid

Oh yeah, the 07 east where only the Pistons and the cavs were above .590. Where three teams at .500 or less made the playoffs (yes, a team with a losing record made the playoffs).

Mind you that same pistons team was never the same after the hand checking rules were implemented after they won. And Bron played like shit against the Pistons

>Regular season matters
Warriors won less games this season. Are they a worse team?

Great response lestan

1. Jordan was smart enough to shave his head when going bald, Lelbron decided to add shitty hairplugs

The Pistons lost Rick Mahron, and that was it. Also don't want to hear the "there were old" excuse either. Thomas was 29 when the Bulls beat the Pistons. Dumars was like 26, Laimbeer was like 31. They were not an old team.

Was even worst when he started wearing those giant headbands to try and hide the fact he was balding.

>And Bron played like shit against the Pistons
>scoring your team's last 20 points
>playing like shit
interesting

But it's a double edged argument (which has been my point all along).

There's no shame in losing against the 80s Celtics or Chuck Daly's Pistons, however starting winning championships until both teams declined is an indicative of how weak (and overrated) was the 90s era.

I think there's no convincing answer for who is better, Jordan has a lot of mysticism around him thanks to Nike, meanwhile LeBron always had an antagonist reputation. Both have different roles, both improved their franchises and both have dominated their eras.
That team was done, Thomas already carried too much injuries (he played like half a season in 91) and Chuck Daly left soon after.

>only winning the series because of boogie Gibson playing out of his mind

Interesting

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are both better than Michael Jordan.
Jordan is still better than Lebron tho.

Is there any sane person who claims that MJ is not the greatest nignoghoop player in history?

Some people never bought the nike hype.

Retards that watch too much E!spn

jordan had the benefit of playing against a bunch of mediocre teams in his prime so people don't say he had no competition. And when he was facing great competition, the 80's, he was getting destroyed.
Lebron has overall played against much worse teams in the east but waaay better teams in the finals.
Beating 4 mediorce teams is much easier than beating 1 great team.

espn glorifies jordan more than jesus, fuck are you talking about kostas

Please, they've been pushing lebron being goat for more than half a decade now

Consider the following:

twitter.com/WeAreCavsNation/status/874747846695636992

Any person who watched Jordan play knows he is the GOAT. Any person who has examined the statistics knows he is the GOAT. The only people left are ignorant millennials, and nobody cares what they think.

>Lakers central years
>Being demonized for changing teams
>Being mocked for losing against based Dirk
>About two years of being the poster boy of the NBA
>Warriors central
>Winning one for da land
>Back to warriors central

LeBron couldn't score outside of the paint for 80% of his career

This. He only gets hyped as much as he is because media and casuals jizz in their pants when the see a powerful dunk.

Dobro jutro! Good luck expecting from bronsexuals to comprehend the most basic logic and facts. 80% of them didn't watch any basketball before 2014.

Brian Windhorst just put out a great Lebron cocksucking article

>He only gets hyped as much as he is because media and casuals jizz in their pants when the see a powerful dunk
rly maeks me think

>Brian Windhorst

>comparing their entire careers when bird had a number of years at the end of his career with a broken back
>avoiding comparisons of their peaks because it didn't favor your idol

Pathetic

>>avoiding comparisons of their peaks because it didn't favor your idol
>you didn't just do that

LeBron is still a better person in general.

He is very humble, always donating and helping the community.

MJ is a smug piece of shit, rude as fuck to all his mates.

I think it's because LeBron called himself Jordan's successor while he was still in high school.

No, it's disingenuous to include 3+ seasons where bird's numbers drastically dropped after suffering numerous injuries and undergoing numerous surgeries. It wasn't a slow decline either. One season he is accessing 28+ ppg, the next he plays 6 games and for the rest of his career he doesn't average more than 21. Comparing their peak is more indicative of the quality of each player

I'm aware, but I was specifically talking about .

That is their peaks though. Lebron and Larry are very similar in terms of stats and impact. I prefer larry but to put their career numbers when 175+ games out of a career of less than 900 games total for larry were him playing essentially crippled. If you want to say the numbers I put weren't lebron's peak I'm willing to listen, but at least from my eye test it was his peak. He had his athleticism combined with complete control of the team.

Your cute picture a little ways up showed a single fucking season, one of which is arguably outside of LeBron's prime. You have ground meat for brains if you think that is enough statistical evidence you mongoloid.

The Bulls won TWO(2) fewer games the first year of Michael's retirement. Then they made it as far as Jordan ever got in the playoffs before he had Pippen. The Cavs on the other hand WON 42 FEWER GAMES. Michael was never as essential to the team as Lebron. He could never carry a team like Lebron

>Jordan fags will ignore this

>If you want to say the numbers I put weren't lebron's peak I'm willing to listen,
Try either of the MVP years in Miami.
>He had his athleticism combined with complete control of the team.
And also missed the longest stretch of his career due to injury.

Why do jiggaboojam fans always feel the need to argue this when everyone knows adam morrison was the GOAT

It's better to compare Lebron to Magic, as both have essentially the same skillset and both are extremely valuable to their respective teams in terms of comparing the teams record with and without them on the floor. It's also better to compare them because Magic was in an era where only one other team could challenge the Lakers, and that team was always the Celtics with their crazy lineup, much like Lebron has to always compete with the Spurs (w/ the Heat) and now with the Warriors.

The Jordan vs. Lebron crap only manifested itself because both players were the face of the NBA in their respective times, and both are advertising/marketing giants for the league. But both do not share the same roles for their teams. It's like trying to say Randy Moss is a better football player than Tom Brady, i.e. it doesn't make sense to compare the two.

If you want to compare a contemporary player to MJ, you have to compare Kevin Durant. Offensively, both have the exact same role for their teams.

Being the most essential player on your team doesn't make you the goat. Achieving championships is always the goal and setting aside your ego and working on a smart team for a smart coach is as important as physical traits and ability. Goats know this. Lebum is no goat. He no doubt has like a 99 physical rating but his intangibles are so lacking it's not even funny. Jordan maybe like a 90 physical ability with 99 intangibles.

Oh boy here we go

>1) Jordan was a better scorer than LeBron James
Lebron is a pass first guy. Hes magic but better. And he still manages to rival jordan in points
>2) Jordan played in a far superior era
Objectively wrong. GSW and the spurs were far greater than anyone jordan ever faced. Hell even dirks mavs were better. Thats excluding bostons big 3 in 09-10. Basketball is better than its ever been
>3) Michael Jordan is a far superior defender than LeBron James
I agree. Although lebron is no slouch
>4) Michael Jordan takes over games and is able to lift his team when needed
So does lebron. He averaged a triple double this finals
Thats misleading. Lebrons trying to do a lot more with the ball than jordan did. Not to mention hes playing from behind most of the game leading to riskier play
>6) You can count on Michael Jordan to close games
6-0 finals is great. He never played as an underdog tho
>7) LeBron would have had a much harder time playing in Jordan’s era
This is the opposite of true.
>8) Michael Jordan is the better shooter
Again misleading stats. Lebron has the much better 3 point shot
>9) Michael Jordan never got outscored by a player on the bench in the Finals
Cool meme
>10) LeBron James has never had to defeat three teams with 50 wins or two teams with 60 wins in any playoff run
He defeated the winningest team in history. A team that won more than jordan ever did

A smart, non biased opinion. You deserve a (You).

>11) Michael Jordan shows up in the 4th quarter while LeBron James disappears.
2011 was bad but not indicitive of his career. I could cherrypick 2017 stats but im not a cherrypicking fag like you
>12) Jordan passes the eye test in a big game.
Eye test is a meme used by old people and retards. Lebron has better all around stats
>13) If Jordan is healthy, his teams go to the playoffs every year.
Lebron actually makes the finals every year. 6-10 doesnt have a nice ring to it tho
>14) Michael Jordan never claimed to be the best player in the world before an elimination game and then shot terrible to lose the game.
Jordan was the cockiest player in the nba. Youre not old enough to remember he was a dick.
>15) Imagine what Jordan could have done if he had played in the recruiting era.
He was already on the greatest team in history with other hall of famers. A little different than lebrons cavs
>16) LeBron James is a Flopper
Different era. Jordan was a notoriously dirty player. He would have flopped if they sent players to the line like they do today
>17) Jordan has SIX titles and SIX Finals MVPs
The only argument you needed fag. Way to waste my time with this bullshit

Good points.
I just don't like comparing eras. Players are molded by the era they play in, so to compare the product with a different product from a different era isn't really an argument since it's hard to say which era was truly more difficult considering how different they are.

You don't think Cavs have a good team?

MJ is just not fake. Both are asshole. Lebron just pretends to not be one.
Also Lebron is bitch made. MJ is Alfa.

Good team. Not as good as GS

>cavs have a bunch of washed up players and chuckers and kyrie who didnt show up
>its lebrons fault!
Weak bait. Heres a pity (You)

>magic but better

Thank you for letting me know to disregard your opinion early

Sure theyre good. But the winningest team in history blew the finals then added the greatest player in the world not named lebron. Hardly an indictment on lebron james as a player

Lelbon in an all defense team 5 times!
How the fuck did that happen?

>I didn't watch the those Heat play.

That's a shitty argument given the difference in position and role. The playmaking Point Forward is prone to turnovers because of their attempts to create offense. There's no way around it and you can even look at Magic's stats as a comparison. Lebron has more turnovers but less turnovers per game.

Lebron was an elite defender who got robbed of DPoTY once he actually learned how to play defense. It's not something he could maintain as he got older though because it was just a stamina drain.

This. And jordan leads in steals but that was when you could mug people for the ball. No way jordan has that many steals in todays nba

Everyone outside of Cleveland fans and people born prior to 2000 know Jordan is better. Its not even a debate anymore.

Why is Lebron/Jordan the only storyline that is allowed to exist in the NBA?

Not true but whatever

Because the nba is boring

>the Showtime Lakers, Celtics, and pistons weren't good

I understand you'refrom Cleveland and it still hurts but why lie like that?

He's the one who put that team together, maybe he should've asked for better players instead of hooking up his friends. GJ, GE LeBrony

>LeBron is magic but better

BAIT

Magic will tell you the same thing.