Which is the best album by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard?

Which is the best album by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard?

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/track/39l7hOe7j1dgvqY6Gcc7w8?si=f2CkAmIoSpStjYHTmUGfKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm in your mind fuzz

Murder Of The Universe and 12 Bar Bruise.

the best king gizzard and the pickle rickers album is ploygondredditland

Flying microtonal banana

this
xD

>that 4 song opening sequence

1) flying Microtonal banana
2) polygondwanaland
3)Im in your mind fuzz
4) nonagon infinity

I think that most (not all) people that mention albums that are not Mind Fuzz or Nonagon are contrarians on purpose

t. patrician

Nonagon Infinity > FMB > I'm In Your Mind Fuzz > PMDB > Polygon = Quarters >>>>>>>> FA-FYL > SoBE > Motu > Oddments > 12BB

Why are you skipping Eyes Like the Sky? Probably their most unique album

paper mache dream balloon desu

desu I'd rate Mind Fuzz = Polygondwanaland > FMB > Nonagon = Quarters for the top five

you're underrating Paper Mache my dude

What is the point of this band? They aren't particularly good at any instrument or vocals and they aren't particularly good for psychedelic rock. What is the point of them? Do the same Tame Impala, Temples retards like them or what? There is much wilder psychedelic sruff out there.

Like this
open.spotify.com/track/39l7hOe7j1dgvqY6Gcc7w8?si=f2CkAmIoSpStjYHTmUGfKQ

Float along - fill your lungs

ok retard

how did they decide on that name anyways?
made a 'name my band' thread on Sup Forums?

I actually waffled between PMDB and Quarters for the 4/5th slot

>they were asked by a friend to do a gig but didn't have a band name
>Stu wanted Lizard Wizards
>someone else (Joey?) wanted Gizzard Gizzard
>King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

fpbp

They're very fun to listen to

One of the few albums that imho actually sounds better on vinyl

Have you listened to Polygondwanaland?

Flying Microtonal Banana = Float Along - Fill Your Lungs > Nonagon Infinity > Polygondwanaland > I'm in Your Mind Fuzz > Sketches of Brunswick > Paper Mache Dream Balloon = Quarters > Murder of the Universe > Oddments > 12 Bar Bruise > Eyes Like the Sky

the only ranking

Eyes like the Sky is great and top tier but it shouldn't be ranked beside the other albums because it's a radio play, not an album

I think it's probably tied between Polygondwanaland, Nonagon Infinity and Flying Microtonal Banana. Everything else shortly follows.

Not all the way through. Just scrubbed around to see if anything was impressive. Sounds like Moody Blues but with a lot more rhythm. But nobody impresses me with their musicianship. I'd rather listen to Plan B by A Lot Like Birds because the musicianship is more impressive and the blending of punk with classic rock is more creative. I don't hear anything groundbreaking or bar setting here. I think the same people who like hip hop will like it because it is more about rhythm than any prominant phrasing or melody.

They make good music. That's all, does it need to be more complicated than that?

pickelrickalickaland

>Nobody impresses me with their musicianship
I guess we just have to disagree? If I had one criticism of the band though it would be Stu tends to just play the guitar along with his lyrics. You have three guitarists, you can wander and solo all you want.

12BB > 3.7
FA FYL > 4.5
Oddments > 6.2
Mind fuzz > 5.4
Quarters > 6.9
Paper mache > 7.9
Nonagon > 8.8
Banana > 8.2
MOTU > 6.1
Sketches > 7.3
Polygon > 9.3

Havent listened to eyes like the sky yet.

Scores may seem low to some gizz heads but thats just my scoring method

Nah the only "what the fuck why is it low" on your list is Mind Fuzz, the rest I either agree with or disagree but respect

Never saw the big deal in that album. I see y its important to them. The song writing and production just fall flat