Can we have a john maus thread without some faggots arguing about mde?

Can we have a john maus thread without some faggots arguing about mde?

What did you think of the new album?

bring back world peace

very uninspired and forgettable.
no where close to pitiless censors

epic :)

yeah that's what i'm feeling, only on my first listen though

combine is one of the best songs he's ever done but i think it pales overall next to pitiless censors

i know that he's been doing the "mantra" thing for years, and some of the lyrics on this are great, but he's soooo reserved on this album and i miss the more large scale storytelling that he used to do

I'm really liking Bombs Away though

40 years? 80 years? 100 years? 400 years?

Why do people say he's a worse version of Ariel Pink? I tried listening to Ariel Pink and I honestly feel like Ariel is just a worse version of John Maus. Maybe I'm just picking the wrong albums.

> Maybe I'm just picking the wrong albums.
I would also say this. Listen to House Arrest, Scared Famous and Doldrums

I really can't stand ariel pink's music either and i've listened to his albums everyone says are the best. maus is more sincere with his music whereas ariel pink seems more like "haha i play pop but i'm actually too good for this kind of music"

brainlets can't into musicians who don't take themselves seriously

it's actually just the opposite. Also I like Ween who obviously don't take themselves seriously but you can tell they actually love the music they're taking the piss at

>you can tell they actually love the music they're taking the piss at
Ariel does the same thing, I don't see why people get the impresion that he's fake

>What did you think of the new album?

DOA, like MDE's career

I was really disappointed by this album, just feels flat to me.

I enjoy all of his previous works, though.

>Can we have a john maus thread without some faggots arguing about mde?
No

thanks for posting

I hate it when people go to getmosh.io and press random (The album title font)

In all seriousness his MDE scene was one of the only good things they've done

The poor man's Ariel Pink.

where's the email autist

i don't understand what you guys like so much about him but MDE are solely responsible for the amount of discussion he gets pretty much anywhere

that scene and the teacher nick scene were pure genius
a lot of it was just quotable red-pill look how anti-PC we are bullshit and it turned their fanbase into an even more grotesque form of cancer

Fuck off. I love MDE, but Maus has had an extremely devoted fanbase since at least Love Is Real, and if you'd have browsed this board for longer than a year you'd have seen countless threads about him and Ariel as far back as MDE's vertical video days. Hell, he got talked about a lot more back in 2012-2013 than any other time