Jessica

Who should play a sandworm?

Andy Serkis

Practical effects and miniatures instead of CGI

:^)

King Joffrey as Feyd

For some reason I want to see sacha baron cohen as count fenring

>Legendary
I take it the entire thing will be filmed in the Gobi to soak up those Chinabux?

No.

Paul is a role that pretty much demands unknown talent imo.

Reminder you are only allowed to post in this thread if you have read all the books
Dirty secondaries fuck off

yeah like a literally who Pacino in his first big role as Michael Corleone. the trajectory between the two characters are nearly the same

Only correct choice for Jessica.

Paul Atredies

the most important characters needing hypercompetent, high paycheck actors are Jessica, Stilgar, Duncan, the Baron and the Emperor

Jonah Hill as the Baron Harkonnen

Forgot pic

Paul Atreides

a Big Black Cock

Baron Harkonnen

Duke Leto

got your Duke right here

Too gay looking.

Alia Atreides - Bella Thorne

can't seethe with cold, controlled rage without overacting
the harvester rescue sequence is the make or break test for any prospective actor playing the Duke

James Purefoy - Duncan Idaho

Salvador Dali

I like it

Tbqh I think the make or break are all the scenes where he has to act his title. Leto is supposed to have a very esteemed and honest reputation that's widely-embraced, and an actor would have to really sell the idea that this guy lives up to his noble reputation. It's supposed to feel like a terrible moral injustice when the seedy Harkonnens kill a good-hearted man of the people, so the Duke needs to successfully communicate through his mannerisms and charisma that end of the dichotomy.

OK, I had a good kek. Happy Thanksgiving friend.

Baron Harkonnen

He should be Leto II in the sequels since he's our God Emperor.

>Leto is supposed to have a very esteemed and honest reputation that's widely-embraced, and an actor would have to really sell
>make or break
Disagree, any british actor who've played a king in a shakespeare play can pull this off in their sleep, it would actually be a minimum requirement, but what would really separate a meh performance to real characterization is during the internal turmoil scenes of the character where Leto I has to struggle between what is right and what is expected of him.

William Hurt pulled this off nicely, too bad he's too old now and probably semi-retired.

>too soon
>big if true

>but le trump meme

If by God Emperor you mean he's a fat, orange, bald, angry baby.

>Baron Harkonnen

A little too "on the nose", don't you think ?

Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
>has slav genes
>has aspirations/pretensions of method by bulking up
>already plays villain-y boss roles
>looking for that one gig that snags him an oscar

Keep in mind that due to Bene Gesserit breeding shenanigans, some actors and actresses will have to show up for Heretics and Chapterhouse to play similar characters.

I was joking m8

Sean Bean...
All the cast of Game of Thrones. In space.

>sean bean as duke leto
>dies again
kek

Tom Holland

Jodorowski cameo as a fremen extra pls

>implying there's a good book past the first two

This
I couldn't get into the rest t.b.h

Philip Seymour Hoffman reanimated

Yes, I think this will work. Now get a channel that can barely pay for it like Netflix and we're all set.

Chani

idris elba - paul atreydis

Chani will be the dancer from the Sia videos

Shia Labeouf will be Paul

Shia should be Duncan

Not for the first book. Dune really needs to be made for a large screen. A big David Lean style epic. The following books if adapted would probably work better on the small screen.

If he kept it low-key that could work, don't think he's got it in him though

Brian Cox or John Goodman as Baron Harkonnen

Joaquin Phoenix or whoever plays Stannis as Beast Rabban

>I'm not smart enough to understand the later Dune books.

>That means they're bad.

Shut up moron.

>implying God Emperor isn't the best

>Dune really needs to be made for a large screen. A big David Lean style epic

Someone finally gets it. I didn't hate the miniseries but it got really boring in its attempt to make it stretch over 3 or 4 episodes.

He'd be a better Rabban

water fat

you have to think more Keira Knightley

He'd be a better Stilgar desu

Rabban could be played by a cardboard cutout with a grimace

The miniseries sucked. Dune should come in at around the same length as Avatar, with a 4.5 hour extended cut for the BD release to appease the autists.

Elba=Leto

This is what will actually happen btw

>Implying he won't play Gurney or Idaho

Yeah I agree. Really annoys me when everyone just praises it endlessly. It wasn't even all that faithful as fans like to say, and the things it adds and changes around just felt wrong.

Yea 2 movies would be better the story naturally lends itself to two parts

It has to be a five hour cinematic event with an overture and a dinner intermission in between.

But the shekel counters who run Hollywood would never back something this ambitious.

Gurney so he can get that sweet sequel cash

Princess Irulan

>Chris Pratt as Duncan

Jesus pls no

Bro this. I was thinking Part 1 would end with the Harkonnen attack and Part 2 would be Paul's transformation into a hero.

>Oy Vey we need to make audiences pay twice for one movie.

pls yes

>tfw you will never see the final cut of Jordorowsky's version of dune

But can she act? I'm guessing no

I doubt you could find very many fans of the book that would want it as a single movie.

It needs to be either one 5hr or two 2.5hrs u fucking kike

thats a dude right?

And that makes me soooo happy

These are solid

whoa what's with all the white people in this thread

its fucking 2016

we need diversity

It felt as bland as any other sci-fi channel production, and looked like some sort of Babylon 5 ripoff.

At least the Lynch movie looked and felt as unsettling and weird as Dune needs to look and feel.

Dune is on the level of the Five Star Stories in terms of just how unsettlingly "off" it would need to look and feel on screen to fit it's galaxy-spanning feudal, post-human, post-technological setting.

A single movie gives the story finality. Instead of a cliffhanger that makes you wait a year for part two, a single film can provide a much cleaner and fuller thematic catharsis. It can make for a better emotional experience if you do it right.

She's fucking Irulan, she doesn't have to.

we already cast Elba now fuck off

I'd be OK with it if he uses his British accent.

>At least the Lynch movie looked and felt as unsettling and weird as Dune needs to look and feel
Totally agree. The designs for the movie were easily the best part. When I think of Dune, I think of the imagery from Lynch's movie.

Gurney is suppose to be grizzled and ugly will Elba fuck up his face for the role? Probably not

>Implying basketball americans have any interest in Dune.

Don't you have a convenience store to rob?

if their doing more then just Dune then yes she needs to be able to fucking act

>will Elba fuck up his face for the role?
He did for star trek. You only ever see him without makeup on in the ships logs.