'Alien: Covenant' Moved From August 4th to May 19th

>20th Century Fox has announced that the release date for Alien: Covenant has been pulled forward yet again, this time from August 4th to May 19th

avpgalaxy.net/2016/11/23/alien-covenant-release-pulled-forward-fox-offers-first-glimpse-alien/

Here is the official poster. trailer imminent

Is there hope?

Other urls found in this thread:

alien-covenant.com/news/alien-covenant-undergoing-minor-re-shoots-at-leavesden-studios
youtu.be/cf57wc61rJU
todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/09/there-once-was-a-man-hit-on-the-head-by-a-falling-baby-twice/
youtube.com/watch?v=TzAzxuWqDGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>here is the monster look!

WOW SUBTLE POSTER LOTS OF FOOD FOR THE IMAGINATION!

THAT SHIT WILL SUCK JUST LIKE PROMETHEUS, RIDDLEY YOU OLD HACK.

I think this is the first instance I've ever heard of a movie being moved up instead of back

that's official? Looks like the dog alien from alien^3

Judy Greer did it better

I think Wreck-It Ralph came out earlier than expected....well once it got out of development hell of course.

Um... have you seen Alien?

Alien: Covenant undergoing minor re-shoots at Leavesden Studios

>Alien: Covenant will be undergoing minor reshoots at Leavesden Studios in Watford, England. One employee, Tina Earnshaw shared a couple photos to her Instagram account today with much excitement. "Ridley Scott reshoot for Alien covenant my makeup station all ready for the chaos!!!!" she writes in one post. No photos of any specific Alien: Covenant makeup props were shown. Fans need not worry however, as reshoots are quite common.

>In related news, a forum member over on AvPGalaxy who claims to be friends with someone who works for "the company producing the Alien: Covenant movie posters", says they are currently working a with a strict deadline of mid-December. Assuming he's telling the truth, this means the highly anticipated trailer should drop well before then

alien-covenant.com/news/alien-covenant-undergoing-minor-re-shoots-at-leavesden-studios

Sounds great. Can't wait to see this.

is it prometheus 2 ?

it's Prometheus 2: Alien -2

I'm honestly excited. Prometheus would have been kino if it weren't for the hack Lindelof script and now he's gone Scott has nothing holding him back

that poster is fuggn good
i love subtle posters

if you look at the left side of the head near the temple, it looks like it says "fug" on the dome

not real aliens. Prometheus and its bastard offspring are not true "Alien" sequels

it's rarer than the other way around but it does happen. mission impossible 5 went from december 2015 to july 2015 because of star wars, for instance. the first x-men was sched. for december 2000 and got bumped up to july 2000 when steven spielberg cancelled the first iteration of minority report and fox was left without a summer 2000 movie.

wonder what happened here

How does this even happen, what circumstances have to change to move up a movie's release by 6 months
Did they lose faith in the movie and want to move it into a release window where it has less competition?

That's actually a neat poster

Fuck yes, I'm so excited. I liked Prometheus despite its problems and I can't wait for this.

I just like the whole universe of Alien. Even though Prometheus was weak, it held up because of its tie in with the alien universe

better than whatever Blomkamp's fan fic would have been like

Waterston's character is rumoured to be playing Ripley's mother.

Would they really make three generations of women (Ripley's mom, Ripley, and Ripley's daughter) have encounters with the xenomorph? Isn't that a little much? I mean what are the chances?

I loved Prometheus desu

Everything after Alien 3 was a mistake, so fuck this film

ripleys mother aint a jew famil

>implying that this movie will treat Isolation as canon even if it's going to be even shittier than that

Alien has more continuity problems than fucking Star Wars. The books, comics, games, and movies all contradict each other or don't factor each other in.

Coincidences just as crazy have happened IRL. Like the guy that was struck by lightning 3 times in his life and later had his own grave struck by lightning. Or the guy that survived both Nagasaki and Hiroshima being bombed. Or the guy that caught the same baby falling out of the same window twice, each incident a year apart

Le minimalist poster

most teaser posters are usually minimalistic

Alien$ m8

yea but guys....

Wait... Alien : Covenant and Prometheus 2 are the same movie ? I thought Scott was doing Prometheus and Neill Blomkamp was doing Alien.

Fuck yeah, Prometheus was great, can't wait for this.

alien 3 was a masterpiece to the trilogy and one of the best ending ever

*will be like

He's still making it. Ridley just gets priority for now.

Alien Covenant is the title of Prometheus 2.

Blomkamp's film is on hold until this film comes out

They need more minorities and women

It's Prometheus 1.1

comic rippley a cute

Alien 3 would have been better had Aliens not made the Xenomorphs so expendable. I know Fincher tried to recreate the atmosphere of Alien but it just didn't work after how exuberant Aliens was

It's november though, a little late no?

Alien 3 was still better than Shooty Shooty Space Marines, though.

why

The problem with Alien 3 was too many characters that all looked the same. I've seen the movie many many times so i know each one of them by name and look, but there's like 20 and new viewers have no attachment or clue who they are but the main ones. Everything else was fine about it (besides the obvious cgi alien parts)

shooty shooty space marines was pretty revolutionary for it's time though

people who saw it in theaters back in the day have some hard nostalgia for it

WAIT
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL UPPPPPPPPPPPP

SO U BE SAYING
WE GOTTA
WAIT
TIL

TO WATCH DIS MOVIE??

SHEEEEEEEEEEEIT

Or the guy who keeps making up stories that everyone believes

this will be unadulterated ridleykino

IT did work sit downand watch it wothout having a fucking breakdown they killed your white knight from aliens you fucking piece of shit faggot

Horrorkino > action schlock.

I fucking hope the trailer drops well before that

These are good threads

babby mad is aliums movie was a small stinky doodoo?

No they aren't. Eat shit.

God I have such a fucking love hate relationship with the Alien series...fuck I'm probably going to see this in the cinema just like I did with Prometheus arent I?

Can we expect the Xenos invading Johannesburg while Sharlto Copley fends them off in a work loader while yelling "FOCKIN ALIENS M8"?

I stopped at 2, is the Assembly Cut worth watching?

dude quips and machine guns lmao

Will it have Noomi and Fassbender travelling to the engineers' home planet and experiencing such a shock at the undescribable sights and otherworldy physics that they go irreversibly mad? LOL NO THERE'S THIS BLUE COLLAR NO-NONSENSE CREW AND SOME KILLER ON THE LOOSE! WATCH OUT!

No. Alien3 is a mess no matter which cut you watch

According to how much I like the poster and how /hype/ I am about the film, I'm gonna say there's a 94% chance they'll fuck it up.

>run

wow I wonder if it will be scary

I hope they make peace with the engineers they find, and then the engineers take them to meet their creators, which is a race of 12' ethereal KANGZ that all fondled eachother a the beginning of time and shat out this dirty, WHITE subhuman species of engineer we see in prometheus

>I hope they make peace with the engineers they find, and then the engineers take them to meet their creators,
Won't happen, it'll be a piece of shit slasher flick

"run"

most plebbest poster possible

>oh we can just cgi that, cgi that, cgi that, cgi that

Nice, remember when The Worlds End got moved up? It's a good sign

Doesn't look like a normal xeno. The teeth are fucked.

Theory: this is an "organic" xeno that was an inferior precursor to the classic bio-mechanical xeno we all know and love, and we'll see how they came to look bio-mechanical in a chestburster scene with David or Walter or something similar. It will 100% involve David giving them his synthetic "DNA" because he thinks he's better than humans and evolution and all that is organic, thus explaining why Ash is fascinated with them in the 1979 film and regards them as perfect organisms.

Isolation is the sequel we deserve

I love Katherine Waterston

And regular Ripley isn't?

I remember when everybody expected xmen to fail because superhero team movies couldn't work

Isolation is shit, fuck off

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

youtu.be/cf57wc61rJU

I prefer the theatrical cut, personally. I like the ending more among other things.

If you're asking for a recommendation, it depends. Do you want an actiony movie with a happy ending with Ripley and friends? Then don't watch it. I enjoy Alien 3 for being so stark, brutal and depressing. The harsh realities of Ripley's final hours really makes her courage shine to me, however. She was badass in Aliens, but she's super badass in Alien 3 just because she has no choice to be anything but.

Also, finding out that the company has been silent trailing the Sulaco is a nice touch. Weyland-Yutani wasn't going to let anyone live anyway.

>I enjoy Alien 3 for being so stark, brutal and depressing.

It's not a flawless movie, but it is the perfect conclusion to Ripley's story for this very reason. Completely undoing the fairytale ending of Aliens and throwing Ripley into arguably the most hopeless situation she's yet been in just makes sense intuitively. It's a shame the internal logic between the two movies with regard to the stowaway Facehugger doesn't quite work, but thematically and emotionally, Alien 3 gets it right.

Just watch it. It's like, what, a couple of hours wasted, absolute worse case scenario?

Reminds me of the Brody family's shark problem

We work quick around here, don't we?

I didn't mind it at all with Isolation, since it makes sense that Ripley's kid would have gone looking for her. Her mom though? What, did she escape the horrible killer aliens, go start a family without The Company ever knocking at her door about it, and then fail to tell her daughter about how she bravely fought and escaped a horde of terrifying penis monsters?

nah man. The baby thing is real. happened in my neck of the woods in the 30s.

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/09/there-once-was-a-man-hit-on-the-head-by-a-falling-baby-twice/

>Completely undoing the fairytale ending of Aliens
This meme needs to die.

Ripley not being the only survivor does not mean that Aliens had a fairytale ending. Basically all of the people who went down to LV-426 did not return. Hicks and Bishop were injured, and Newt was the only survivor out of her entire colony of 158 people.

youtube.com/watch?v=TzAzxuWqDGI

>have you seen Alien?
the movie whose poster was an egg and not a xeno?

She had a kid before the events of Alien.

Under budget and ahead of schedule. Villeneuve is making movies great again.

Check the head writers creds.

Then tell me if there's hope.

>Villeneuve
He's working on the new Blade Runner. Ridley is still directing the new Alien.

HEY FUCK YOU

now that I have your attention, watch the Prometheus fan edit called "Prometheus - Gift bearer"

You're welcome

Oh my bad, I thought he was doing this one too.

>watching fan edits

People thought The Martian was going to be great despite being written by a guy who wrote World War Z/Cloverfield/Lost episodes.

The Martian was great you contrarian.
>inb4 DUDE SCIENCE REDDIT LMAO rather than any sort of actual argument against it

No. All Alien franchise works are shit until proven otherwise.

Don't get
>Star Wars
'd a second time, user

Only if shitty movies

This one deconfuses it and makes it so much better it's a fucking joke

>OH GOD

I'm honestly excited for this.

Why the FUCK does the studio keep recycling the same movie with minor changes and updates?

Just show me some fucking other plot completely unrelated to the Xenomorph already. Explore Seegson. Explore interstellar freight. Explore Weyland-Yutani for Ripley's sake, a corporation skyrocketed to a megaconglomerate that's basically operating as an offworld galactic power.

Your answer is the liquid Jew ($$$&&)

May 19th has The Rock's Baywatch. Other movies include Annabelle 2 (in fucking May?), Nut Job 2, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It wouldn't surprise me if The Rock wins again one month after Furious 8.

>Annabelle 2 (in fucking May?)
WB/New Line trying to cash in on that Conjuring Summer money.